PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bernard Pollard possibly ends another player's season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Benard Pollard possibly ends another player's season

Cool. This has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was talking about how he cursed and how some people implied that that was a problem and made him classless.

That has nothing to do with the circumstances and whether he "earned the right" to talk smack.

And by the way, giving up a 4 yd pass to a WR who then runs out of bounds sure as hell isn't "getting worked"...especially since Pollard is a SAFETY and wasn't the one even covering Wayne.

If you think "Pollard got worked" on that play, then there's nothing to be said to you here because it's simply 100% incorrect.

I think Pollard is a dirty player, and I'm not really a fan of his, but all of these reasons you people are stating to get the point across that he is classless are wrong.

So he curses...ooooohhh big deal

So he talked smack after his TEAMMATE #21 allowed a catch to Reggie Wayne only to see Wayne scurry out of bounds with Pollard coming after him.....ohhhh big deal.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Pollard. But my reasons are much more legit than these ridiculous ones you all are putting out there.

EDIT: And again
Pollard didn't allow that catch
Pollard didn't get worked.

That's all.

This, plus Wayne actually started talking to Pollard first. You can see his head moving as he's mouthing off, Pollard then starts in. I think Wayne didn't like getting pushed in the back, and had something to say about it, but we only hear Pollard's response. That being said, I'm not at all a fan of Pollard's, and I think he's dirtier than most of the guys getting fines right now.

Oh, and I've said much worse to people on the field.

Last edited:

3rd player? Well I know what happened to Gonzalez and Brady, who else did he hurt?

We need to sign this guy. It's the only way to keep our guys safe.....

Calling him classy in a sarcastic manner sure seems like he's implying what he did is classless, not moronic or dumb. But I digress, already made a mountain out of a mole hill

It wasn't sarcastic. I really don't believe he's classy at all. But because of other instances besides that video. I more or less just posted that video for the hell of it. I couldn't care less that he *OMG* cursed on the football field. :rolleyes:

As for your posts, I think you might want to try smoking some weed and calming the f*ck down. Just my prognosis.

I'm not angry nor do I need to calm down. Just getting frustrated with the direction the NFL is headed with people speaking out against curse words, "hard hits", etc.

But thanks for making it personal with your advice, "doctor".

PS Where in "Flawda" are you from?

Last edited:

This, plus Wayne actually started talking to Pollard first. You can see his head moving as he's mouthing off, Pollard then starts in. I think Wayne didn't like getting pushed in the back, and had something to say about it, but we only hear Pollard's response. That being said, I'm not at all a fan of Pollard's, and I think he's dirtier than most of the guys getting fines right now.

Oh, and I've said much worse to people on the field.

An inteligent post from someone here! Weird!

Pollard is a joke, but to point out the fact that he cursed out Reggie Wayne (who is the FIRST one to talk trash in this particular situation) as evidence to why he's a joke is laughable at best.

This, plus Wayne actually started talking to Pollard first. You can see his head moving as he's mouthing off, Pollard then starts in. I think Wayne didn't like getting pushed in the back, and had something to say about it, but we only hear Pollard's response.

I believe Wayne's words were, "Get off my ass." or something to that effect.

Pollard reminds me of Meriweather. The chest bumping, up in your face so the world could see the bad ass they are after they've given up a big play.
Meriweather gets a bad rap from people who don't understand the deep safety role. If he is in coverage, fine. But when he comes up from his deep safety position and tackles a guy who beat someone else, then he did his job. It doesn't matter if it is ten yards from the LOS. If Meriweather was playing deep and came up to make the play, he didn't give up the play.

Mr. Pollard is of the opinion that Sir Reggie Wayne esquire is a you-know-what, and he is informing him in a forthcoming and candid manner. :rolleyes: This isn't parliamentary procedure, its football. There will be trash talk.

Not that I'm disputing the fact that he isn't a high character guy, but ...
I got lost in the triple negative and the added but. Do you mean you think he is or he is not a high character guy?

No cursing, no hurting the other player, no nothing. Stupid.

So he said a "bad word".

Big. F*CKING. Deal.
No one said trash talking should not be allowed. It fits on a football field or basketball court or middle school playground just fine.

I know classy is over-used, but somehow my definition of classy isn't something a football player does when he is saying whatever he can to annoy another player. I remember hearng Welker yelling, "You effing suck!" to a DB. I love Welker, but if I were compliling a list of the classiest things I've seen and heard on a football field, that wouldn't make my cut. YMMV.

Hard hits are one thing, but I do think trying to hurt players has no business in sports, though. Just my opinion. Separate topic, I know.

Pollard reminds me of Meriweather

Really? How's that? "Chest thumping" ? Last I knew chest thumping and being proud of your play didn't necessarily translate into inflicting a season-ending injury.

And fwiw, Meriweather's play, while definitely illegal, unnecessary, and penalty-inflicting at a really bad time, it set a tone.

Meriweather plays physical, Pollard obviously plays with intent.

I can't wait to see what the Omissioner does. :cool:

I'm not angry nor do I need to calm down. Just getting frustrated with the direction the NFL is headed with people speaking out against curse words, "hard hits", etc.

But thanks for making it personal with your advice, "doctor".

PS Where in "Flawda" are you from?

Question: where in my original post did I appear to be "speaking out against curse words"? By my count, it was an eight word post in which I didn't take any stance stating that the NFL should outlaw curse words and hard hits on the football field.

South Florida. And yes, you do need to calm down. Every post from you appears to be one that you wrote in some sort of frustration in which you broke the keyboard. We get it. You have an opinion.

Last edited:

Pollard obviously plays with intent.

Oh please, are you really going to try and tell me that Meriweather doesn't play with intent? If it makes you feel any better, I've felt this way about Meriweather long before that hit he just laid out in the ravens game. Describe it as whatever you want, but this defense has had a problem with celebrating and trash talking after plays, while giving up key plays for a few seasons now. Meriweather has always been one of the culprits.

Meriweather gets a bad rap from people who don't understand the deep safety role. If he is in coverage, fine. But when he comes up from his deep safety position and tackles a guy who beat someone else, then he did his job. It doesn't matter if it is ten yards from the LOS. If Meriweather was playing deep and came up to make the play, he didn't give up the play.

You are right. I dont understand the deep safety role. It appears BB doesn't either..I mean, why else would he bench an All-Star such as the great Meriweather?

C'mon now. There have been plenty of times when Meriweather has been late getting to his responsibility, or not just being late, but just flat out blows his assignment.

I don't dislike Meriweather. He is a fun player to watch. Always flying all over the field, bringing heat, playing with excitement.

..:bricks:..

Right. Cause typos coincide with intelligence don't they, Mr. grammar police?

Give me a break. Or was it ":bricks:"

Pollard plays football like a tough guy picking on kids smaller than him. At least the Steelers smash everyone the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore