PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bernard Pollard possibly ends another player's season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
PFT - Bernard Pollard's late hit could cost Anthony Gonzalez his season

Bernard Pollard's late hit could cost Anthony Gonzalez his season.

Gonzalez suffered the injury after taking what looked like a clear late hit out of bounds from Texans safety Bernard Pollard on Monday night.

The hit started out of bounds. By the time Pollard completed taking Gonzalez to the ground, they were ten yards out of bounds. It seemed like the definition of unnecessary roughness and wasn't called.

Could be the third season in a row he's took a guy out for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: Benard Pollard possibly ends another player's season

This guy is freaking scary

Pollard hasn't hit Favre or Manning yet so don't expect a fine or anything :rolleyes:

If it's the same play I was thinking about I was surprised there was no flag. The ref was standing right there, the receiver was right on the sideline heading out of bounds. By the time Pollard finished the hit they were about ten yards out of bounds. The only thing in Pollard's defense is he was airborne so he had no way of stopping himself or slowing down. However, the way Pollard projected himself there was virtually no way the hit would be in bounds. Normally a hit like that right in front of the ref draws a flag.

You mean this classy guy? WARNING: Language NSFW.

Not that I'm disputing the fact that he isn't a high character guy, but who gives a damn if he says "f*ck you mother f*cker" on a football field to an opponent?

I hate it when people get on their high horse (Tony Dungy) and criticize grown men for cursing.

Who cares.

People are starting to turn the game of football into a game that should be played at church.

No cursing, no hurting the other player, no nothing. Stupid.

So he said a "bad word".

Big. F*CKING. Deal.

I guess anyone who curses in a "man's setting" is classless? Hahahaa right.

Last edited:

I did not see the hit. Is this a case where the new suspensions rule comes into effect...oh wait that only applies to the Patriots...

Not that I'm disputing the fact that he isn't a high character guy, but who gives a damn if he says "f*ck you mother f*cker" on a football field to an opponent?

I hate it when people get on their high horse (Tony Dungy) and criticize grown men for cursing.

Who cares.

People are starting to turn the game of football into a game that should be played at church.

So he said a "bad word".

Big. F*CKING. Deal.

Here's the thing though. He just gave up a catch, got literally worked, then runs up to the guy like a lil ass dog chasing after a bigger dog thats walking away and, yells a bunch of **** at him? C'mon.

Pollard reminds me of Meriweather. The chest bumping, up in your face so the world could see the bad ass they are after they've given up a big play.

If you're gonna talk **** because you are pumped up from a big play, then fine, but leave that big mouth but cant back it up crap off the field. :bricks:

Here's the thing though. He just gave up a catch, got literally worked, then runs up to the guy like a lil ass dog chasing after a bigger dog thats walking away and, yells a bunch of **** at him? C'mon.

Pollard reminds me of Meriweather. The chest bumping, up in your face so the world could see the bad ass they are after they've given up a big play.

If you're gonna talk **** because you are pumped up from a big play, then fine, but leave that big mouth but cant back it up crap off the field. :bricks:

Cool. This has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was talking about how he cursed and how some people implied that that was a problem and made him classless.

That has nothing to do with the circumstances and whether he "earned the right" to talk smack.

And by the way, giving up a 4 yd pass to a WR who then runs out of bounds sure as hell isn't "getting worked"...especially since Pollard is a SAFETY and wasn't the one even covering Wayne.

If you think "Pollard got worked" on that play, then there's nothing to be said to you here because it's simply 100% incorrect.

I think Pollard is a dirty player, and I'm not really a fan of his, but all of these reasons you people are stating to get the point across that he is classless are wrong.

So he curses...ooooohhh big deal

So he talked smack after his TEAMMATE #21 allowed a catch to Reggie Wayne only to see Wayne scurry out of bounds with Pollard coming after him.....ohhhh big deal.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Pollard. But my reasons are much more legit than these ridiculous ones you all are putting out there.

EDIT: And again
Pollard didn't allow that catch
Pollard didn't get worked.

That's all.

Last edited:

Cool. This has nothing to do with what I was saying. I was talking about how he cursed and how some people implied that that was a problem and made him classless.

That has nothing to do with the circumstances and whether he "earned the right" to talk smack.

And by the way, giving up a 4 yd pass to a WR who then runs out of bounds sure as hell isn't "getting worked"...especially since Pollard is a SAFETY and wasn't the one even covering Wayne.

If you think "Pollard got worked" on that play, then there's nothing to be said to you here because it's simply 100% incorrect.

I think Pollard is a dirty player, and I'm not really a fan of his, but all of these reasons you people are stating to get the point across that he is classless are wrong.

So he talked smack after his TEAMMATE #21 allowed a catch to Reggie Wayne only to see Wayne scurry out of bounds with Pollard coming after him.....ohhhh big deal.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Pollard. But my reasons are much more legit than these ridiculous ones you all are putting out there.

That's all.
Kind of like when WW yelled "you guys f'ing suck" after beating the Colts a few years ago. I don't remember anyone here calling him classless

Last edited:

That's all.

First of all, pretend to understand the coverage scheme that was given. Looked to me like they were playing zone, and considering Pollard was close enough to even react, that leads me to believe it was his zone. Additionally, had Pollard taken the proper angle, he would've drilled right through Wayne as he was catching the ball. Instead, he half assed it to Wayne, then had the audacity to talk **** to Wayne about it.

The reason why I quoted you is simply because you said:

"So he said a "bad word".

Big. F*CKING. Deal.

I guess anyone who curses in a "man's setting" is classless? Hahahaa right."

I was responding to your point in the thread and not the point where someone was injured. I don't disagree with a lot of what you said about the cursing on the field, I just feel that there is a time and place for it, and one of them isn't when YOU or your TEAM give up a first down on your side of the field. Hell, he didn't even get to lay a hit on the guy.

Kind of like when WW yelled "you guys f'ing suck" after beating the Colts a few years ago. I don't remember anyone here calling him classless

I didn't get the impression that Kontra was calling him classless, just simply showing a clip of how dumb he looked. No one here, unless I missed it somewhere called him classless for swearing on the field.

Anyone who gets upset with cursing on a pro-football field had best not ever hang around with any military guys. Especially Navy. Those guys have turned F@%k into a 6th vowel. :eek:

You will never be in trouble as long as you tell the truth - as WW did.

To quote Pollard: Just his luck. :(

Meh, I've said worse and had worse said to me playing sports. And that was back in middleschool. Trash talk is part of the game, I expect every guy to do it.

Who cares.

So he said a "bad word".

Big. F*CKING. Deal.

I really don't care if he used any curse words or dropped the F-Bomb or not. I also don't care that he used it on the football field. Anybody that inhabits the chat room with me every Sunday can tell you that I'm not exactly, "politically correct" with my words. The fact stands, however, that Pollard isn't a classy guy.

As for your posts, I think you might want to try smoking some weed and calming the f*ck down. Just my prognosis.

Last edited:

I didn't get the impression that Kontra was calling him classless, just simply showing a clip of how dumb he looked. No one here, unless I missed it somewhere called him classless for swearing on the field.
Calling him classy in a sarcastic manner sure seems like he's implying what he did is classless, not moronic or dumb. But I digress, already made a mountain out of a mole hill

Last edited:

When I play football I get real worked up, can't blame this dude who's job it is to play it for having an emotional response. So I don't care about the cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick