PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Beetle Shames Shaughnessey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to post this yesterday amid all the hullaballoo, but when I got in my car yesterday to drive back to my office around 11 a.m. there was an awesome exchange happening on 98.5 the SportsHub. Apparently the curly haired boyfriend wrote a scathing article in the Sunday Globe slamming UMass Amherst for honoring John Calipari and Marcus Camby at some upcoming event commemorating their trip to the final four 20 years ago (more on that below). Beetle is a UMass alum (as am I - great place to go to school) and ripped Shaughnessey a new one, not letting him get a word in edgewise. Some highlights of the "discussion:: Calipari and Camby (who paid back all the $$ he took from agents and was publically forgiven by UMass) did a lot to put UMass on the map and Shaughnessey should be supporting the state university, not condemning it; Shaughnessey and the Globe hate UMass & he will bring the evidence next week for Shaughnessey; the Globe hates any college outside of BC and looks down on everybody else; Shaughnessey should be ashamed of himself for comparing Calipari to Bill Cosby (also, unfortunately, associated with UMass) in the article, and on and on it went. Shaughnessey was left stumbling and mumbling about bringing his editor on, but the station refused because it was the first day of free agency. It was AWESOME to hear.

The funny thing is, I sorta kinda agree with the premise that maybe these two really shouldn't be honored - the final 4 trip was vacated because of the Camby scandal. However, Beetle's attack was more focused on the general unwarranted hatred of UMass by the Globe, particularly their efforts to become more of a powerhouse through sports (UMass has been trying to move up in the college football world and so far it has not paid off, but I'm hoping it will).

Another funny thing - I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda sorta miss Gresh. Beetle not only drowns out Shaughnessey, but Zo and anyone else who is on the program. They'd better get that fixed.

Okay back to the Revis musings...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back