PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Amendola “Bill hasn’t been known to pay his players”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almedolas contract is not guaranteed.

It wasnt in NE and its not in Miami.
Of course it is. He is guaranteed for 6 million. Every article and analysis of his contract says he is guaranteed for 6 million. You are the only person in the world who thinks guaranteed doesn’t mean guaranteed.

You are right it wasn’t guaranteed in New England (until after week 1). I never said otherwise. That is why it is significant. He could get cut by Miami and HE STILL gets paid.

I guess we should call Kirk cousins and tell him you say his contract isn’t guaranteed.

I said Almedola knows that NFL contracts are not guaranteed.

He is not a Rookie
He is not a QB

He is a 32 year old WR on his downside playing for a non guaranteed contract in Miami. His NE contract was not guaranteed. He complained about the Patriots not paying knowing full well how this business works.

You claimed that Almendolas Miami contract is guaranteed. Wrong. Its a 2 year contract for 12 million.
And I see refuse to answer the question.

He is still guaranteed 6 mill.
Kirk Cousins and most first round picks are FULLY guaranteed.
Howrver you slice it saying NFL contracts are not guaranteed is 100% wrong.

I think he means that unlike the other sports where it’s all guaranteeed in the NFL (minus rookie first rounders and cousins) the contracts usually aren’t fully guaranteed. Either way you slice it it’s a pretty dumb argument to get into in this thread. Is it time for training camp yet?

I think he means that unlike the other sports where it’s all guaranteeed in the NFL (minus rookie first rounders and cousins) the contracts usually aren’t fully guaranteed. Either way you slice it it’s a pretty dumb argument to get into in this thread. Is it time for training camp yet?
He said nfl contracts are not guaranteed.
Amendola has a guarantee of 6,000,000. That’s real money and it’s almost double what he made the last 2 years he was here combined.
Even if you ignore the partially guaranteed contracts there are many fully guaranteed NFL contracts.
If he said ALL nfl contracts are not fully guaranteed like other sports there is nothing to dispute. But he thought no nfl contracts were guaranteed including not knowing that the exact argument he was trying to make was blown up by the fact Amendola was guaranteed 6 million.
Had he simply said, oh I was wrong, there would be no argument. Instead he decided to embarrass himself by proving he lacks the ability to admit he is wrong when it’s as clear as can be.

Anyone even remotely familiar with NFL contracts understood what was meant. Anyone even remotely familiar with Andy understands there is no such thing as an argument too dumb for him to engage in.

Anyone even remotely familiar with NFL contracts understood what was meant. Anyone even remotely familiar with Andy understands there is no such thing as an argument too dumb for him to engage in.

This argument has the stinch of a man who was made a fool by triumph in that maroney/Lynch debate and is now in retaliation mode.

This argument has the stinch of a man who was made a fool by triumph in that maroney/Lynch debate and is now in retaliation mode.
There was no maroney/Lynch debate.
It was a comment from 4/2010,about their trade value at the time, that was completely fine at the time it was made.
In fact they were each traded for almost exactly the same thing, so in fact, I was right.

If it were anyone else I'd be inclined to agree with you wholeheartedly but since it's Argue Johnson we are talking about it becomes a bit tougher to qualify. Winding him up just to watch him pee down his leg is the patsfans version of shooting fish in a barrel. Which seems like it should be beneath an accomplished instigator but here at the drag end of the offseason I guess one has to take their 'entertainment' wherever they can find it. ;)

Last edited:
There was no maroney/Lynch debate.
It was a comment from 4/2010,about their trade value at the time, that was completely fine at the time it was made.
In fact they were each traded for almost exactly the same thing, so in fact, I was right.

Jesus dude, give it up. You were wrong now and you were wrong back then.

I’m wrong that the nfl has guaranteed contracts? Seriously?

You were wrong about the maroney thing back then and your wrong about the maroney thing now.

You were wrong about the maroney thing back then and your wrong about the maroney thing now.
At the time lynch was benched and suspended. They had equal value. That was evidenced by what they were traded for.
If I had said it after lynch straightened his act out and played far better than he had up to that point then I would have been wrong.
Ignoring those factors in a discussion about trade value would be wrong.

At the time lynch was benched and suspended. They had equal value. That was evidenced by what they were traded for.
If I had said it after lynch straightened his act out and played far better than he had up to that point then I would have been wrong.
Ignoring those factors in a discussion about trade value would be wrong.

Your argument was that the bills would trade Lynch for maroney because they were equally talented players and one was a headcase.

Your argument was that the bills would trade Lynch for maroney because they were equally talented players and one was a headcase.
My argument was they would see equal value because of where the players stood and what they had fine in and off the field.
Turns out they were each traded for just about the same thing.
The fact that lynch straightened himself out doesn’t change what they were at the time which was 2 players with ability that weren’t getting the most out of it.

My argument was they would see equal value because of where the players stood and what they had fine in and off the field.
Turns out they were each traded for just about the same thing.
The fact that lynch straightened himself out doesn’t change what they were at the time which was 2 players with ability that weren’t getting the most out of it.

Had you said that “one’s a headcase so yes the bills would trade Lynch for maroney” that’s one thing. Saying these two players are equally talented is quite another, especially when it wasn’t even close to true. Even in 2010 when it was said lynch was the superior talent.

Why dont you guys drop this? I see plenty of really stupid and antagonistic comments every week here. We are now going back 8 years to show someone made a comment (which was proven wrong) in order to make them look bad now??

There have been a lot of way more ridiculous comments made here over the past year. Should we point them out and start systematically targeting those posters also??

Grow up everyone.

Why dont you guys drop this? I see plenty of really stupid and antagonistic comments every week here. We are now going back 8 years to show someone made a comment (which was proven wrong) in order to make them look bad now??

There have been a lot of way more ridiculous comments made here over the past year. Should we point them out and start systematically targeting those posters also??

Grow up everyone.

You know what Bruins29 for you I will drop it. Had it been anyone else I’d keep going but out of respect consider this thread dead.

Had you said that “one’s a headcase so yes the bills would trade Lynch for maroney” that’s one thing. Saying these two players are equally talented is quite another, especially when it wasn’t even close to true. Even in 2010 when it was said lynch was the superior talent.
They were each traded for basically the same thing. If you want to waste your life dwelling on semantics of a message board post, that is more than 8 years old, good luck with that.
I think I am the best judge of what I meant.

A player and a 6th for a mid round 4th is not basically the same thing as a player and nothing else for a mid round 4th and a mid round 5th. That is pure nonsense.

I promised bruins that I’d be done with the back and forth so let this be the end of this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents