PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A Football Life: Jim Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you or anybody really know about Brady for him to be a role model for kids to follow? Be very careful with that line of thinking. I am not saying anything derogatory about Brady. I am saying we only know what he wants us to know.
All of the people whom I've spoken to who've met and seen Tom since he came here in 2000 say he's a nice, friendly, respectful guy. And the fact is he's remained humble and unselfish as an athlete.

Both of those facts are tremendous examples, and simply far superior to those set by the vast majority of his peers. The fame/money/Gisele/success does nothing to change that.

Do not want to digress into the off the field shenanigans..

Jim Brown is responsible for my passion for the NFL.. when I was growing up my parents did not follow sports, so I spent most Sunday afternoons with my best friends father.. they were Browns fans.. the rest is history, he was undoubtedly the greatest RB that ever lived.

FYI Brown has had a later catharsis, and is founder of the "Amer-I-Can" program, I met him and had my pix taken with him in 2000 when he came to where I worked (BB was there also), stupid me I thought BB was just a " jag" and did not get my pix taken with him.

Amer-I-Can Home

I saw Brown many times when I was in high school. He was practically unstoppable. He was faster, stronger, smarter and more elusive than anyone else. In fact, he was so good, that he was the most important member of the offense, not the quarterback. The quarterback (Frank Ryan or Milt Plumb--neither HOFers) just gave Brown the ball and let him run, maybe 30 times a game. You can see some of his power in the TV show, but it's just a small sample. He did it year after year, game after game and brought championships to his team. The negative stuff came years later, so it was easy to admire him when he played. He quit at the age of 28, leaving every Brown's fan astonished and dismayed. And to this day, the Browns have not regained the stature they had in his day.

For a short time, I was a fan of the Browns, just because I saw Jim Brown on the boob tube vs the Giants. Then came the Pats.

Right... but with Jim Brown we actually know that he whooped that ass.
My overall point was that, I rather parents be role models than people in sports and media.

Do not want to digress into the off the field shenanigans..

Jim Brown is responsible for my passion for the NFL.. when I was growing up my parents did not follow sports, so I spent most Sunday afternoons with my best friends father.. they were Browns fans.. the rest is history, he was undoubtedly the greatest RB that ever lived.

FYI Brown has had a later catharsis, and is founder of the "Amer-I-Can" program, I met him and had my pix taken with him in 2000 when he came to where I worked (BB was there also), stupid me I thought BB was just a " jag" and did not get my pix taken with him.

Amer-I-Can Home
LOL Who's that rumpled stoic guy standing over there? Some nobody, man.:D

For a short time, I was a fan of the Browns, just because I saw Jim Brown on the boob tube vs the Giants. Then came the Pats.
OMG At last, after all these years, finally a useful result of us, as you correctly pointed out, being "force fed Giants games"...by the 70's Jim had retired and there was zero reason to watch CBS on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents