PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2021 NFL QB Prospects List or 1st Round Discussion

I hope we make a trade to address the QB situation. It would free up the 15th overall pick to be spent on a weapon on offense. Kyle Pitts seems like a BB pick to me and would be the best TE pick since Gronk and Hernandez.

I hope we make a trade to address the QB situation. It would free up the 15th overall pick to be spent on a weapon on offense. Kyle Pitts seems like a BB pick to me and would be the best TE pick since Gronk and Hernandez.
Bill does indeed need to address the QB position the moment that the new league year begins, either via a free-agent signing (preferred) or via trade (costing us draft picks, including possibly #15)...No decent UFA WR or TE with similar offers elsewhere will sign here unless & until they know who's throwing them the damn ball...

Pitts might not last to #15, and I just cannot picture Bill spending his first pick of 2 of the last 3 drafts on a WR...If I had to guess, then I'm guessing that he picks either DT Christian Barmore, one of the EDs, or one of the OLmen...Or trades out of #15 in his quest to recoup #79...

Last edited:
Bill does indeed need to address the QB position the moment that the new league year begins, either via a free-agent signing (preferred) or via trade (costing us draft picks, including possibly #15)...No decent UFA WR or TE with similar offers elsewhere will sign here unless & until they know who's throwing them the damn ball...

Pitts might not last to #15, and I just cannot picture Bill spending his first pick of 2 of the last 3 drafts on a WR...If I had to guess, then I'm guessing that he picks either DT Christian Barmore, one of the EDs, or one of the OLmen...Or trades out of #15 in his quest to recoup #79...
If he doesn’t see anyone at 15 that stands out, always a possibility he trades down into the 2nd round or late 20s

Just saw Mac Jones from Alabama brought up as a Heisman candidate. Why not him? Efficient game manager. Takes care of the ball. Could be Phil Simms. Could be 01-04 Brady.

I'm afraid Mac won't be around by our second pick. I still want to focus the first pick on the best LB or DLineman available.

I'm afraid Mac won't be around by our second pick. I still want to focus the first pick on the best LB or DLineman available.
If we trade down and Jones is gone I like collins,barmore or OT a lot

Barmore or some other DLineman, or Zaven Collins or Micah Parsons. Yes. We were so bad on run defense, 3rd down run defense, and red zone run defense last year.
Parsons is probably gone and for IDL I only would consider Barmore in the first, Collins, AVT, Darrisaw, would be nice in a trade down i think

Yeah unless Bill somehow finds a QB of the Future during the offseason, then I feel that he simply MUST strongly consider Mac Jones at #15, or possibly trade up if Wilson makes it past Denver (doubtful)...I would consider a trade-down, either to Miami at 18 for 81 or with the 'Skins at 19 for 76, but only if Rivera is a Kyle Trask fan and thinks he can get him at 51 and doesn't use 15 for Jones...

How the free agency period develops before the draft will absolutely dictate how the draft itself develops later.

Last edited:
Parsons is probably gone and for IDL I only would consider Barmore in the first, Collins, AVT, Darrisaw, would be nice in a trade down i think
Everyone says trade up for Quarterback X, Y, or Z...

The guy I'd trade up a few places for is Parsons.

I like parsons a lot but next to character concerns he is Not flawless. He is out of Position and has some misreads on run plays for example against OSU on some designed qb runs he got faked out several times, his coverage is better than our LB group but not the best. But I think he can be a stud you want to built the defense around. Just not sure about trade up for him tbh

Who would draft a LB before #15?
Hey, if Parsons is there, great.

Bet he won't be.

2011 - Von Miller #2
2012 - Luke Kuechly #9
2013 - Barkavious Mingo #6
2014 - Khalil Mack #5
Anthony Barr #9
2016 - Leonard Floyd #9
2018 - Roquan Smith #8
2019 - Devin White #5
Josh Allen #7
Devin Bush #10
2020 - Isaiah Simmons #8

Those are all top 10. Eleven in 10 years.

Hey, if Parsons is there, great.

Bet he won't be.

2011 - Von Miller #2
2012 - Luke Kuechly #9
2013 - Barkavious Mingo #6
2014 - Khalil Mack #5
Anthony Barr #9
2016 - Leonard Floyd #9
2018 - Roquan Smith #8
2019 - Devin White #5
Josh Allen #7
Devin Bush #10
2020 - Isaiah Simmons #8

Those are all top 10. Eleven in 10 years.

I believe you. How about Zaven Collins

amen brother! Parsons would excel in our defense. Last time bb got close to this high in the draft, he took Mayo!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back