arizona - missed FG at the end

Miami - almost came back after JG injury

Buffalo - shutout
But we didn't. What is your point?

we are this close to being 1-3

arizona - missed FG at the end

Miami - almost came back after JG injury

Buffalo - shutout
Winning a close game is still a win. No extra credits for winning blowouts.
By that count, chargers should be 4-0 but they arent and their coach might get fired.

I have no idea where he is physically right now but he played a ton of snaps today so that can't be a bad thing in considering where he is.
He saw 41 snaps yesterday vs. 14 last week. To me, that's moving in the right direction.

With Gronkowski being as limited as he is, it's surprising they have been suiting him up. To see such an important piece of this team limping coming out of his breaks is pretty scary. This guy is important and he needs to get his body right.

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions?

@supafly and @SVN already posted the most important parts I wanted to address.

But to summarise.. Gronk is being eased back slowly into the game without exposing him to dangerous situations in the passing game. Until now he has essentially only contributed as a blocker and I think that was a masterstroke as he is now definitely used to the normal wear and tear of games in terms of conditioning.

Given our great start into the season under the circumstances (3:1) it is a good decision to consider the big picture over a division game at home with QB3 starting.

Personally, I expect him to be slowly moved back into the centre of the offense agains the Browns and be back to his usual role against the Bengals. In other words, no reason to be concerned unless he remains in his role of inline blocker for the next 2 games with Brady at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes