PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Baltimore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our OL will have trouble is a game played on a day ending in "y". We now are starting to play competitive teams.

Our O line better be ready or it’s going to be a long day

Our OL will have trouble is a game played on a day ending in "y". We now are starting to play competitive teams.

To me the Browns were an overall more talented team than the Ravens with absolute garbage coaching. The Ravens are overall less talented with fewer difference makers but are coached to not completely vomit over themselves.

To say we are only now starting to play competitive teams after we were one of the only teams to face a 100% Steelers, the Bills in NY and the Browns is some Shaughnessy-esque hyperbole.

PITT and CLE are just not very good this year.

BUF plays us hard in BUF, it is true. But that doesn't make them a better team, or make their quarterback any good.

Any team in the league would be ecstatic to play who we've played for the last half of their season, instead of who they will play.

But yes, calling my post hype is reasonable. Slap, we may have different standards with regard to who are competitive teams. We'll see with regard to BUF, but I suspect that they have been overrated, and will have several losses in the last half. However, I suppose it is indeed reasonable to consider BUF a contender, since they are now a competitor for a wildcard spot.

To me the Browns were an overall more talented team than the Ravens with absolute garbage coaching. The Ravens are overall less talented with fewer difference makers but are coached to not completely vomit over themselves.

To say we are only now starting to play competitive teams after we were one of the only teams to face a 100% Steelers, the Bills in NY and the Browns is some Shaughnessy-esque hyperbole.

Mack is Harry activated??:confused:
No. I am just guessing that come tomorrow he will be. I could certainly be wrong as he has a long way to go. But we need playmakers on offense and Harry’s size presents a threat the same way Gordon did. Big, athletic dude could be a tough matchup for CB4.

I’m sick of hearing how great the Ravens are. I’ve watched a few of their games and I don’t buy it. Even if they win Sunday night, I still don’t buy it.

I’m sick of hearing how great the Ravens are. I’ve watched a few of their games and I don’t buy it. Even if they win Sunday night, I still don’t buy it.

I couldn’t agree more. They’re a slightly above average team that went limping into their bye with lots of question marks, and many thinking they’re a .500 squad with a few lucky breaks. Two idle weeks later they’ve emerged as an unstoppable force. I agree...the Ravens could beat the Patriots, as any team should be expected to win at home after a bye week, and the Patriots still have significant issues they’re working out before mid season. I still don’t think the Ravens are anywhere close to the elite team the media is hyping them up to be for this matchup.

Is your point that we have a better team than BALT? Well, that's true.

Are you saying that they have a poor and uncompetitive team? If so, that's nonsense. They are competing for the playoffs, and will likely win their division. They could even be a wildcard team (competing with them to OAK, TENN and BUF for the last spot) if they lose the division.

I couldn’t agree more. They’re a slightly above average team that went limping into their bye with lots of question marks, and many thinking they’re a .500 squad with a few lucky breaks. Two idle weeks later they’ve emerged as an unstoppable force. I agree...the Ravens could beat the Patriots, as any team should be expected to win at home after a bye week, and the Patriots still have significant issues they’re working out before mid season. I still don’t think the Ravens are anywhere close to the elite team the media is hyping them up to be for this matchup.

Is your point that we have a better team than BALT? Well, that's true.

Are you saying that they have a poor and uncompetitive team? If so, that's nonsense. They are competing for the playoffs, and will likely win their division. They could even be a wildcard team (competing with them to OAK, TENN and BUF for the last spot) if they lose the division.

They’re a team that’s on the bell curve. They’re likely to lose any road game to team close to .500 or better, and they’ll get the lion’s share of wins against .500 or worse teams at home. Just like about 75% of the league. They are a competitive team that’s just good enough to be the AFC North’s best, with Ben injured and the Browns browning. They are not an elite team by any means.

PITT and CLE are just not very good this year.

Pittsburgh lost a couple key players including their QB after how many weeks ?

We played them at 100% unlike anyone else really. So stop comparing the empty shells everyone has to play with the team we met in W1.

Similarly, the Browns went to the Ravens and took a gigantic **** on them. If they are "just not good" this year then the Ravens are even less competitive.

The Browns are the most talented team in their division hamstrung by bad coaching.

Perhaps, we are talking past each other.

Are you saying that we should ignore coaching and management when we consider the quality of a team?

I certainly agree that CLE would be a strong team with the patriot coaching staff.

Pittsburgh lost a couple key players including their QB after how many weeks ?

We played them at 100% unlike anyone else really. So stop comparing the empty shells everyone has to play with the team we met in W1.

Similarly, the Browns went to the Ravens and took a gigantic **** on them. If they are "just not good" this year then the Ravens are even less competitive.

The Browns are the most talented team in their division hamstrung by bad coaching.

White getting downgraded on Friday is not very good news. He’d be a big loss especially because how the Ravens will probably attack us on defense should result in him getting the ball in space.

Perhaps, we are talking past each other.

Are you saying that we should ignore coaching and management when we consider the quality of a team?

I certainly agree that CLE would be a strong team with the patriot coaching staff.

You claimed the real competition starts now. You said the Browns are not a good team this year.

The Browns absolutely destroyed the Ravens.

Logic ?

You claimed the real competition starts now. You said the Browns are not a good team this year.

The Browns absolutely destroyed the Ravens.

Logic ?

It is my personal view that BALT is potentially more competitive against the patriots than CLE. I believe that we are greatly stronger than either team. Jackson is a wildcard. I believe that he would be a wildcard against any team in the NFL.

I believe that Jackson makes BALT a heavy favorite to make the playoffs. Do you disagree?

As far any individual game in the past, almost anything can happen, on any given Sunday. I seem to recall losing to MIA last year.

I believe that Jackson makes BALT a heavy favorite to make the playoffs. Do you disagree?

I think they are a wildcard level team that don't have a good defense and rely on their inconsistent QB to carry their meh offense. They are a less talented team than the Browns with a higher variance because if their opponents are not disciplined enough to properly set the edge, don't have good run fits and rather play their moronic deep safety instead of having a QB spy (Yes Seahawks I am looking at you idiots) then you will have a bad time.

Lets see if they even make the playoffs.

The Steelers lost to the Ravens on a fumble in OT after stopping them. Had that game flipped...the Steelers would be in first place with a 4-3 record and the Ravens would have two division losses.

Just ran a few quick numbers. If you take out the week 1 dolphins blow out Baltimore has been even more unimpressive than most think.

They have averaged 23.5 PPG offensively and allowed 23.2 PPG defensively if you take out defensive and STs scores for and against them. They have done that facing the Cards, Browns, Steelers, Chiefs, Bengals and Seahawks. Those teams have averaged 22 PPG offensively and 24.7 PPG defensively.

Put simply they are scoring 1.2 PPG LESS than their opponents score on average.
And allowing 1.2 PPG MORE than their opponents give up on average.

So below average in both. That isn't to say they are a bad team but they have been around league average the last 6 weeks even if you give them the benefit of a doubt on those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back