PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On the positive side: KVN improving in coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
KVN has been an excellent find. He's on the field, making plays. ObV BB has trust in his play. Another "scrap" that turns into a productive NE player.

I always believed in KVN. (Of course, it's preseason so I'll temper my expectations). However, when he was signed, I knew he'd fit in well & become productive. Hard worker.

Wonder if he'll have a chance to do that much or if the team will be forced to play him as an edge guy. I don't think it's the best fit but we practically have no one.

As opposed to other teams gold that turns to trash...LOL

Big fan of KVN. Seems like a solid player and a good locker room guy. Totally fine with him being more of the coverage LB. That way, HT or McClellin can rush from the edge. Roberts is already pegged as the run stopper. Harris can hopefully do a little of everything. I guess we will see if Langi makes the roster of not. But, a rotation of HT, McClellin, KVN, Harris, and Roberts is a pretty solid LB corps

Wonder if he'll have a chance to do that much or if the team will be forced to play him as an edge guy. I don't think it's the best fit but we practically have no one.
Wise and Ealy can replace the snaps of Long and Sheard. Van Noy can replace Ninkovich's hybrid DE/LB role.

We can't afford more injuries but Long's snaps went down as the season went along and Sheard was bench for a time. We're fine until more injuries hit.

(I know Wise is out not but that's not supposed to carry over to the regular season).

Big fan of KVN. Seems like a solid player and a good locker room guy. Totally fine with him being more of the coverage LB. That way, HT or McClellin can rush from the edge. Roberts is already pegged as the run stopper. Harris can hopefully do a little of everything. I guess we will see if Langi makes the roster of not. But, a rotation of HT, McClellin, KVN, Harris, and Roberts is a pretty solid LB corps
Aside from High and KVN the LB corp is below average in coverage.

Snaps , yes.

Same level of production is highly questionable.
We'll see. Long's time decreased as the season went on and Sheard had a disappointing year. Obviously this year's group could be worse but we aren't exactly trying to replace a top player like Flowers.

Unless he hits some TC wall, Langi will make the roster.

We'll see. Long's time decreased as the season went on and Sheard had a disappointing year. Obviously this year's group could be worse but we aren't exactly trying to replace a top player like Flowers.
I think his snaps went down because Nink came back and Flowers emerged. With that said he still was getting 55% + at the end of the year but not the 70% he had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes