PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s available, you have to look in on OBJ. WR2s are getting 17M/yr. and his 15M would be a bargain. And none of it is guaranteed. It can be easily restructured if needed. Hate to use a 1st, but the price of WRs is getting ridiculous.

Where do you get that none of OBJ's salary is guaranteed? According to OverTheCap, 11.5M of Beckham's 14M salary is guaranteed.

Odell Beckham Jr. Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Last edited:
I’d give a second and a third for OBJ and wouldn’t lose sleep
Pass. We’ve tried divas and it didn’t go well (Moss being the exception).

OBJ has never shown he was a winner. He is a supremely talented baby. The Browns can heat his milk and burp him. NE has other things to do.

Because his entire salary is guaranteed this year. It’s after opening day. All players who made rosters are guaranteed to get their salary for this year. But not the next three years. What part is hard to figure out?

You claimed that Beckham's salary wasn't guaranteed. It is. And 11.5M was guaranteed even prior to the start of the season. You said nothing in your post I responded to about this year vs. next year. Maybe you should work on actually stating things correctly the first time instead of backpedalling and spinning things as if others are idiots.

Because his entire salary is guaranteed this year. It’s after opening day. All players who made rosters are guaranteed to get their salary for this year. But not the next three years. What part is hard to figure out?
You claimed that Beckham's salary wasn't guaranteed. It is. And 11.5M was guaranteed even prior to the start of the season. You said nothing in your post I responded to about this year vs. next year. Maybe you should work on actually stating things correctly the first time instead of backpedalling and spinning things as if others are idiots.
I wrongly assumed anyone would know the basic rule that all salaries are guaranteed at this point. It’s common sense you are paying him this year. Just like any player. Anyone with basic knowledge should know that. His future years have no guaranteed money. That’s what is relevant. Not when his already fully guaranteed salary became guaranteed.

I don’t have to backpedal at all. You just failed to understand his contract. or anything about it. He’s getting this year’s salary no matter what. From somebody.

I wrongly assumed anyone would know the basic rule that all salaries are guaranteed at this point. It’s common sense you are paying him this year. Just like any player. Anyone with basic knowledge should know that. His future years have no guaranteed money. That’s what is relevant. Not when his already fully guaranteed salary became guaranteed.

I don’t have to backpedal at all. You just failed to understand his contract. or anything about it. He’s getting this year’s salary no matter what. From somebody.

It's amazing how you claim I'm the one who doesn't understand the contract when you were the one who claimed that he didn't have any guaranteed money. You mentioned no time frame whatsoever in your post. So for you to claim you were talking about future years is laughable and disingenuous.

Again, you're trying to backpedal and spin this by trying to claim someone else was the one without knowledge when you were the one who flat out didn't know wtf you were talking about.

BTW, Beckham's salary does become guaranteed for injury on the 3rd day of the league year in 2021. So the claim that he doesn't have any guaranteed money remaining isn't entirely accurate.

It's amazing how you claim I'm the one who doesn't understand the contract when you were the one who claimed that he didn't have any guaranteed money. You mentioned no time frame whatsoever in your post. So for you to claim you were talking about future years is laughable and disingenuous.

Again, you're trying to backpedal and spin this by trying to claim someone else was the one without knowledge when you were the one who flat out didn't know wtf you were talking about.

BTW, Beckham's salary does become guaranteed for injury on the 3rd day of the league year in 2021. So the claim that he doesn't have any guaranteed money remaining isn't entirely accurate.

Thank you for plainly showing your lack of knowledge of the salary cap. It makes this much easier. Let’s go slow here.

Is every player available for trade going to have a guaranteed salary for this year? Yes.So why would anything I stated have to do with this year? And if they trade for him, he goes “AB” and you cut him after the season, how much do you owe him? The only thing that money becomes guaranteed is if you decide to keep him. They just have to decide in March instead of August. It still doesn’t force them to keep him if he bombs.He has to be on the roster to get any money. But again, you have trouble understanding what you read.

Which is exactly what I stated from the start.

Thank you for plainly showing your lack of knowledge of the salary cap. It makes this much easier. Let’s go slow here.

Is every player available for trade going to have a guaranteed salary for this year? Yes.So why would anything I stated have to do with this year? And if they trade for him, he goes “AB” and you cut him after the season, how much do you owe him? The only thing that money becomes guaranteed is if you decide to keep him. They just have to decide in March instead of August. It still doesn’t force them to keep him if he bombs.He has to be on the roster to get any money. But again, you have trouble understanding what you read.

Which is exactly what I stated from the start.

ROFLMAO. My Cap knowledge is just fine. Yours, on the other hand, is lacking. No. Every player available for trade will not have a guaranteed salary for this year. Why? Because that only applies to vested veterans who were on the 53 man rosters for Week 1. You clearly don't understand what a vested veteran is.

Let's rehash. YOU claimed that Beckham had no remaining Guaranteed money. That was patently false. You also didn't mention or IMPLY anything about Future years. You attempting to claim you did is downright laughable.

On a side note, Junior. I've been following the cap for 20 years. Nothing you have stated since you got called out about your bogus claim is news to me. What's laughable is that you even stated that his salary is guaranteed (guaranteed salary = guaranteed money) and then have pretended like you didn't say he had any guaranteed money left.

ROFLMAO. My Cap knowledge is just fine. Yours, on the other hand, is lacking. No. Every player available for trade will not have a guaranteed salary for this year. Why? Because that only applies to vested veterans who were on the 53 man rosters for Week 1. You clearly don't understand what a vested veteran is.

Let's rehash. YOU claimed that Beckham had no remaining Guaranteed money. That was patently false. You also didn't mention or IMPLY anything about Future years. You attempting to claim you did is downright laughable.

On a side note, Junior. I've been following the cap for 20 years. Nothing you have stated since you got called out about your bogus claim is news to me. What's laughable is that you even stated that his salary is guaranteed (guaranteed salary = guaranteed money) and then have pretended like you didn't say he had any guaranteed money left.

So what player are the Patriots possibly looking at that they wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of their base salary. I know exactly what vested players are. But you aren’t acquiring anyone without paying the rest of their base salary. Explain to me the difference. Vested just means their salary is guaranteed if cut from that team. Nothing to do with this.

If he has guaranteed money, then there would be a dead cap hit to cut him. If you cut him after the season, what sort of dead cap hit will the team take. An exact number. Since he has guarantees remaining, this should be easy.

And Juinor....really? I guarantee I’m older than you and according to you I have 6 more years experience with the salary cap since I’ve been all over it since the beginning. You can look up the year. And I specifically mentioned easy restructuring. Why would that matter this year? I’ll take any test you want. Pick somebody to quiz us. I got no problem showing what I know. Set the day and time and we can stop this mess. I’m ready

So what player are the Patriots possibly looking at that they wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of their base salary. I know exactly what vested players are. But you aren’t acquiring anyone without paying the rest of their base salary. Explain to me the difference. Vested just means their salary is guaranteed if cut from that team. Nothing to do with this.

If he has guaranteed money, then there would be a dead cap hit to cut him. If you cut him after the season, what sort of dead cap hit will the team take. An exact number. Since he has guarantees remaining, this should be easy.

And Juinor....really? I guarantee I’m older than you and according to you I have 6 more years experience with the salary cap since I’ve been all over it since the beginning. You can look up the year. And I specifically mentioned easy restructuring. Why would that matter this year? I’ll take any test you want. Pick somebody to quiz us. I got no problem showing what I know. Set the day and time and we can stop this mess. I’m ready

Clearly you don't understand things nearly as well as you claim to. You're just blathering on without actually reading what's being said. You just regurgitated back to me what I said as if it vindicates you.

If the Patriots were to acquire a 3rd year player who's contract had no guaranteed salary, they'd only be required to pay him for the time he's on the roster. If they were to cut him after 3 games, they wouldn't owe him anything. Whereas, if the player was a vested veteran, they'd owe him the remainder of his salary unless he signed with another team.

We can stop this mess just as soon as you admit that you were wrong in your statement original post about guaranteed money. Because you were. You made the claim that Beckham's salary wasn't guaranteed and made no mention of anything beyond this year. Since then, you've done nothing but spin your claims in a pathetic attempt to not have to admit you were wrong.

And you'll forgive everyone for doubting the veracity of your claims of you being older and having studied the Cap since the beginning. Your statements just don't support that claim.

And who are they trading for that they will cut before the season is over. And specifically OBJ. Q

Now, you answer how much dead money it will cost if he was cut after the season. If there is guaranteed money, there has to b a dead cap hit. Yes or No? Why would I specifically
mention restructuring if I was t specifically talking about his future years? Answer any of that.

And I don’t see anyone but you having an issue with what I posted. If they do they can speak up. But coming from someone like you who doesn’t even know the salary cap bas already been lowered to 175M for next year, I’m not too worried about your opinion. Shall we go to that other thread for proof of your lack of knowledge?

The Giants maybe a target to offload one of our RBs with Harris being back soon ?
Thats what I thought too, but are the G Men that stupid?

I would get on the horn with Cleveland and see if Kareem Hunt is available. Hunt only had 20 total snaps vs Cinci.

Thats what I thought too, but are the G Men that stupid?

I would get on the horn with Cleveland and see if Kareem Hunt is available. Hunt only had 20 total snaps vs Cinci.
He just signed a 3 year extension I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back