PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL, are the pieces there or is a lot of change up needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannon being a G was a myth started on this very forum. He's a tackle. He just isn't a very good tackle.

Honestly, I think Cannon's problem is he's too damn muscular. He's 6'5" and 340 pounds. He was 358 pounds when we drafted him. To put that in perspective, Vollmer is just under 6'8" and weighs 320 pounds. How can you be nimble when you're that jacked?

Because he would be cut otherwise if I had anything to say about it.
So?

He would then find someone to pay him more the ver minimum. There is little point to suggest that vets should come to play for the patriots for vet minimums.

I've fine with a decision to cut him, keep Waddle and use of top draft picks to find a top OT for the future.

So?

He would then find someone to pay him more the ver minimum. There is little point to suggest that vets should come to play for the patriots for vet minimums.

I've fine with a decision to cut him, keep Waddle and use of top draft picks to find a top OT for the future.
Not sure anyone would pay him much more than the vet minimum. Unless Stevie wonder or a pro football focus analyst was the GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT is obviously a must in terms of the draft, and I'd think that there's a possibility that both Fleming/Cannon will be gone. Aside from that, we need a backup plan for Solder and Vollmer, so it's actually an area of weakness as far as I'm concerned, at least depth-wise. I'm also not nearly as high on Waddle as a lot of posters here seem to be.

Aside from that, I don't think we're in a bad position. I do think that some here underrated the rawness of both Jackson/Mason, so perhaps a full offseason can help in that regard. The potential return of Wendell on the cheap would be fine with me, and I think that Stork will return to his old self when the pieces around him are improved. I'm good with Kline as a rotational/backup player.

I'd go OT in the draft and IOL in free agency, but am good with whatever way Belichick chooses to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes