PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oh No! Gisele dumps Tom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to give The Last Kingdom a try. I enjoy that type of genre though my wife hates it. It took me a couple years to get her to give Game of Thrones a try and she didn't like it.

One Netflix show that I just discovered is Billy in the Street. I don't know of another show that's as funny.

If you liked Vikings you'll like, if not love, the last kingdom. Good timing too. By the time you've finished the first three seasons the fourth and last should be out.

People who didn’t visit this thread are totally unaware that like 90% of it is about a neo-Nazi post that spontaneously appeared. They’re probably looking at the number of responses to “On no! Gisele dumps Tom!” and thinking we are all total idiots who read tabloids and take them seriously.

Thanks for this...that's exactly what I was investigating when opening it a few minutes ago. Not that everyone who posts is an idiot, but that there must be something legitimate in the topic to draw the attention. But alas, it is just a run of the mill white supremacist outburst.

...It’s particularly disgusting, in that sense, that one could live in the United Stated in the modern age of information with historical perspective, yet still choose to believe in, and promote, such hateful things. In other words, I understand the reason why many otherwise decent people were corrupted and became Nazis. But what’s the excuse of this jackass spewing it on a football board in 2020? There is no excuse.

I do and will continue to support the right of even neo-Nazis to publish their hateful books, pamphlets, etc. and to go out and have their private and public rallies. But I also do and will continue to believe they are disgusting, evil people, and I will not knowingly associate with them nor will allow them in any real or virtual space I control.

I appreciate the thoughtful exchange here, on a topic that usually evokes the opposite.

I can't for the life of me figure out if white supremacy is growing in this country or has just been let out of its "shame" cage. And I honestly don't know if encouraging the expression of these beliefs is a net net positive (because it is out in the open and can be dealt with) or negative (because it draws in angry, susceptible people and strengthens the movement). On any given day, I can argue it differently than the prior day.

I appreciate the thoughtful exchange here, on a topic that usually evokes the opposite.

I can't for the life of me figure out if white supremacy is growing in this country or has just been let out of its "shame" cage. And I honestly don't know if encouraging the expression of these beliefs is a net net positive (because it is out in the open and can be dealt with) or negative (because it draws in angry, susceptible people and strengthens the movement). On any given day, I can argue it differently than the prior day.

Out in the open is always better imo. Otherwise it will continue to ignorantly fester and boil below the surface without the challenge of civil debate.

Out in the open is always better imo. Otherwise it will continue to ignorantly fester and boil below the surface without the challenge of civil debate.

The operative word being civil ;)

Just watched The Great Hack | Netflix Official Site and remembered/realized how much of all this divisive hate belief system has been manufactured to push a national electoral agenda. It remains stunning, the degree to which the beliefs of a large part of the population have been based on individually targeted, comprehensive, messaging campaigns designed to instill fear and inflame hate. My assumptions about civil debate, and individuals afflicted with white supremacy, need further reflection and probably adjusting.

Now, about the matter at hand: Gisele's fear and hatred of Tom.

Just watched The Great Hack | Netflix Official Site and remembered/realized how much of all this divisive hate belief system has been manufactured to push a national electoral agenda. It remains stunning, the degree to which the beliefs of a large part of the population have been based on individually targeted, comprehensive, messaging campaigns designed to instill fear and inflame hate. My assumptions about civil debate, and individuals afflicted with white supremacy, need further reflection and probably adjusting.

Now, about the matter at hand: Gisele's fear and hatred of Tom.

Excellent documentary. And in fact both liberals and conservatives should both appreciate the gravity of this film because while it helped Trump this last time, Obama owned the social media battle in previous elections. And I have little doubt that any major politician would use similar tactics in an “ends justifies means” decision.

Elections are being won by the specialized election firms with the more advanced psychological warfare used in targeted social media campaigns.

Okay ... choose:

1 - Tom is not dumped
2 - Patjew comes back.

Okay ... choose:

1 - Tom is not dumped
2 - Patjew comes back.

Patjew would selflessly want me to pick #1. That makes it an even more difficult call.

Excellent documentary. And in fact both liberals and conservatives should both appreciate the gravity of this film because while it helped Trump this last time, Obama owned the social media battle in previous elections. And I have little doubt that any major politician would use similar tactics in an “ends justifies means” decision.

Elections are being won by the specialized election firms with the more advanced psychological warfare used in targeted social media campaigns.

it was a great documentary.

To take your point a little further. The technology/tactics Cambridge Analytica used Was/ is considered weapons grade technology and prior to 2014 that had to inform the UK Government if they were going to utilize it outside of the UK.

On a personal note I work in IT using advanced tactics to support corporate marketing. We are a fraction as good as CA is (because we can’t get all the data they can)

I joined FB in 2003 when you had to have a college email domain to join...I walked away the minute the CA story broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back