PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official UDFA Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsChick87 said:
But he's a RUDY - huge heart!

Some have said the same about me, but I don't think I'll be recruited by coach Weiss any time soon. :p

lobster said:
Yes my mistake - add:

Amsterdam - Jeff Roehl T
Rhein - Antwain Spann CB
Rhein - Nick Steitz G
Hamburg - Earl Charles RB
Berlin - Rich Musinski WR

That's 7, someone posted there were 8.

Zuriel Smith as well.

lobster said:
Yes my mistake - add:

Amsterdam - Jeff Roehl T
Rhein - Antwain Spann CB
Rhein - Nick Steitz G
Hamburg - Earl Charles RB
Berlin - Rich Musinski WR

That's 7, someone posted there were 8.

Zuriel Smith.
And Mortensen's first name is Todd, if I'm not mistaken.

NO signings in the past hours??? WHat are they foing in Foxboro....

5-8, 187 pounds

mikegibbons said:
I've seen Vernell Brown play for a while now and I just hope he can find his way onto the Pats roster or any roster.

In terms of football: Susceptible to injuries because of his size and the fact that he plays like he thinks he's 6-2 220. He is always around the ball. Very fast and great ups. Returned punts off and on at UF. Can make some driving hits which is odd considering his size. Think Asante Samuel on Jeb Putzier almost. Will be there in man coverage, but it felt like WRs won battles with him a lot.

Absolute stand up guy.

Quick ancedote on his character:
I was in a small class of about 25 kids with him, Ciatrick Fason (Vikings RB), and two other UF players...Adrian Moss too (the bball C who's a moron). The professor favored the athletes so much and always asked them questions about the past week's game and whatnot. When he asked them about their futures one day, Fason said he was leaving early and making it in the NFL (which was funny cause it was only November). The two scrubs mumbled that they wanted to play football or coach football. Vernell then eloquently said how he has a student teaching gig lined up and was starting his masters in education next year. He wanted to become an administrator someday.

After that, I became the biggest Vernell Brown fan. He had heart, good college skills, and wasn't a brain dead jock...so how could you not root for him in college.

Great stuff Mike. If you haven't already given it, many of us would love to hear your impression of Chad Jackson's chances in the NFL, or any other insight on him. Thanks.

Michigan Dave said:
Pierre was a great signing. Some insight on him, he was a freshman my last year with the team. He really has great potential, but struggled with discipline problems and fell out of favor with Coach Carr. Many, many fans thought he should have been playing, because in 2003 he was an absolute beast. His physical tools are 1st round potential, but he struggles to learn the defensive system (our defensive system at UM was complex, not unlike an NFL defense) and at times gets frustrated and lets it effect him. I think with the proper coaching at this level, he could become a good, serviceable player. I am happy for Pierre, and ecstatic he's coming to my favorite team.

Hey Dave, I have a close friend out your way. Thanks for the insight. Keep it coming.

Great thread!!!

Here's some more info on Keon Jackson (S, Toledo)

5'11" 208 lbs

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=14020

01/04/06 - CANDIDATES FOR NEXT LEVEL: Safety Keon Jackson is the kind of head hunter the pros covet, and after three seasons of All-MAC honors, he will get a long look from the pros, likely as a free agent.

12/21/05 - LB Keon Jackson is a big hitter from East Chicago who quickly found a home in the Rockets' defensive backfield. Jackson is consistently ranked among the top safeties in the country, and three of his six career interceptions have been returned for touchdowns. He led Toledo last season with 11 tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

09/23/05 - Toledo's top playmaker on the defensive side, LB Keon Jackson intercepted a pass that bounced off the hands of a Temple wide receiver and ran it back 66 yards for a touchdown that put the Rockets up 21-0 and got the rout rolling.

09/20/05 - Toledo's new-look defense has had its way with the first three opponents, but it showed big-play ability in the rout of Temple -- a tool the Rockets will need in the coming MAC wars. The Rocket defense set up a first-half score on a 41-yard fumble return to the Temple 31-yard line by senior linebacker David Thomas. Senior Keon Jackson had a 66-yard touchdown return after an interception in the first quarter.

midwestpatsfan said:
Actually Stokes is from Penn in a small town in Iowa, not Indiana. I only know this becasue I am originally from there.

Heh, me too -- Cedar Falls.

More info on Brian Barthelmes...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11590

One of the most versatile players in school history, he is one of only five Cavaliers to start at three different positions on the offensive line since 1986. In 2005, he was one of the team's three offensive linemen to start at least 35 games in a career. Not only is he versatile, but Barthelmes (pronounced barth-ull-mess) is also one of the more personable and colorful characters in college football.

Positives: Has a tall frame with room to add more bulk...Has a thick bubble with thick thighs and calves...Has adequate quickness to snap and reach the down block...Mauler type who is very active with his hands when engaging the defender...Has enough functional speed to get down the line of scrimmage and reach the block point...Sets with a wide base and flashes the strength to lock out and control...Has good work ethic and plays until the whistle...Has the short area burst and feel to get in front on pulls and traps.

Negatives: Needs to improve his body structure, as he appears very soft, lacking muscle tone...Does not have the change of direction agility to recover...Best operating at the line of scrimmage, as he tends to fall off blocks when working in space...Needs to do a better job of gaining leverage, as he does not sustain blocks well in run support...Can get run over by a quick bull rush.

Bostonian1962 said:
Hey Dave, I have a close friend out your way. Thanks for the insight. Keep it coming.

No problem!

complete list of UDFAs

G'day mate! Those of us from Austria are a little slow, so it's nice to have a compiled list to ensure we didn't miss anyone.

Here is what I have so far... please point out any mistakes or omissions:

Freddie Roach - LB Alabama
Hand - OT Florida
Brian Bramlett - QB Wyoming
Jarvis Herring - S Florida
Vernell Brown - CB Florida
Matt Shelton - WR Notre Dame
Corey Mays - LB Notre Dame
Erik Davis - WR Vanderbilt
Keon Jackson - SS Toledo
Sam Smith - LB/S DSU
Brian Barthelmes - OG Virginia
Gemera Williams - DB
Pierre Woods - OLB Michigan

Likely, but not confirmed:
Kyler Hall - S Florida State

Lloyd_Christmas said:
G'day mate! Those of us from Austria are a little slow, so it's nice to have a compiled list to ensure we didn't miss anyone.

Here is what I have so far... please point out any mistakes or omissions:

Freddie Roach - LB Alabama
Hand - OT Florida
Brian Bramlett - QB Wyoming
Jarvis Herring - S Florida
Vernell Brown - CB Florida
Matt Shelton - WR Notre Dame
Corey Mays - LB Notre Dame
Keon Jackson - SS Toledo
Sam Smith - LB/S DSU
Brian Barthelmes - OG Virginia
Gemera Williams - DB
Pierre Woods - OLB Michigan

Likely, but not confirmed:
Kyler Hall - S Florida State
Davis was listed twice 14 in toto..

Updated UDFA list

Here is the latest list of UDFA (15 in all) according to patriots.com:

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19031&pcid=47

(It looks like safety Kyler Hall of Florida State is NOT ON OFFICIAL LIST!)

* Nose Tackle Remi Ayodele (Oklahoma)

* Defenseive End Kader Drame (Syracuse)

* Quarterback Corey Bramlet (Wyoming)

* Defensive back Keon Jackson (Toledo)

* Safety/linebacker Sam Smith (Delaware State)

* Cornerback/kick returner Vernell Brown (Florida)

* Offensive tackle Randy Hand (Florida)

* Safety Jarvis Herring (Florida)

* Defensive back Gemara Williams (Buffalo)

* Wide receiver Erik Davis (Vanderbilt)

* Offensive guard Brian Barthelmes (Virginia)

* Linebacker Freddie Roach (Alabama)

* Linebacker Corey Mays (Notre Dame)

* Wide receiver Matt Shelton (Notre Dame)

* Linebacker Pierre Woods (Michigan)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back