PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official UDFA Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Instead of having a ton of threads, please post the signing and any link you have in this one thread.

Good idea.
Ceresco had posted this, earlier:

UDFA T Randy Hand Signs with the Patriots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/...s_pats/?sports

BIO: Three-year starter at right tackle. All-Conference selection as a senior.

POSITIVES: Effective pass protector who blocks with solid fundamentals. Sets with a wide base, stay square and anchors at the point. Correctly places hands into defenders and controls them once engaged in a block. Makes effective use of angles and rides rushers from the action.

NEGATIVES: Lacks footwork, struggles sliding out to protect the edge and loses balance over a large area. Marginal run-blocker who rarely finishes.

ANALYSIS: Productive on the college level, Hand has been a durable and dependable blocker at Florida. Works hard and offers potential as an inexpensive backup.

Digger44 said:
Instead of having a ton of threads, please post the signing and any link you have in this one thread.

From draftdaddy.com

Pats UDFA pickups as of 9:00 am

OT Randy Hand, Florida

S Jarvis Herring, Florida

CB Vernell Brown, Florida

WR Matt Shelton, Notre Dame

LB Corey Mays, Notre Dame

LB Freddie Roach, Alabama

Last edited:
Patt Ross, C BC

Anyone know if he got picked up? I heard some grumblings that the Pats should have taken a center with Koppen being a ? coming off an injury and into a contract year (I believe). I was surprised he didnt get drafted and was hoping that the Pats would sign him as an UDFA after the success that BC lineman and Centers in particular have had with the Pats.

This is what I've compiled thus far:

Roach - LB Alabama
Hand - OT Florida
Bramlett - QB Wyoming
Jarvis Herring - S Florida
Vernell Brown - CB Florida
Matt Shelton - WR Notre Dame
Corey Mays - LB Notre Dame
Erik Davis - WR Vanderbilt
Keon Jackson - SS Toledo

Last edited:
I am really happy about the Roach pick up. Without spending high draft picks between Roach and Mincey they picked up two guys who could contribute and add depth to the LB core. I dont know much about the other guys they signed.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Your link doesnt work bro.

It seems to be working just fine.

kptmorgan04 said:
I am really happy about the Roach pick up. Without spending high draft picks between Roach and Mincey they picked up two guys who could contribute and add depth to the LB core. I dont know much about the other guys they signed.

same with Corey Mayes from ND. I thought he was solid

Interesting all the UDFAs from Florida ....

Guess BB was doing more than just golfing while he was down there this offseason.

tombonneau said:
Interesting all the UDFAs from Florida ....

Guess BB was doing more than just golfing while he was down there this offseason.

It is amazing how Borges invents new ways to make himself look like a jack@ss!

Blog: Reading Material on Vernell Brown

Hey everyone ... found a nice story on Brown in the Gainesville Sun.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/300

We'll have more from Maroney and Jackson this afternoon when they visit Gillette. Check back soon for details.

Thanks,
Chris

mgcolby said:
It is amazing how Borges invents new ways to make himself look like a jack@ss!

He doesn't have to invent new ways. All he has to do is be himself.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey everyone ... found a nice story on Brown in the Gainesville Sun.

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/300

We'll have more from Maroney and Jackson this afternoon when they visit Gillette. Check back soon for details.

Thanks,
Chris
Nice, thanks Chris. Loved this bit:

Brown was dubbed the "Face of Florida Football" by UF coach Urban Meyer for his work ethic, leadership skills and the way he lives his life off the field.

What a great list. Roach was signed immediately after the draft is clearly a quality pick (some had him in the 4th). The rest are from two programs that bb respects. He knew who to call and who he could get. Other than S, these guys are competing for wide open positions: #7 LB, #8 LB, #9 LB, #5 WR, #6 WR, #4 OT. These guys have a shot. At very least, they will compete for PS positions.

edzo44 said:
From draftdaddy.com

Pats UDFA pickups as of 9:00 am

OT Randy Hand, Florida

S Jarvis Herring, Florida

CB Vernell Brown, Florida

WR Matt Shelton, Notre Dame

LB Corey Mays, Notre Dame

LB Freddie Roach, Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back