PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 UDFA thread

I would seriously like a FB. Pats offense seems better with one.
Cosuin, Do not know if he signed yet but Michigan Sate LB Sam VanSumeran playing exceptional LB . 6'3" and 340 lbs witha 42vert!!!!!!!! with 4.4 speed at 240 lbs and started his careen there as a FB....NEVER MIND ...signed with the Eagles...of course he did.
DW Toys

Was Speed really a more sought after player than Wheaton?

Johnny Lumpkin, Johnny Lumpkin, Johnny Lumpkin. My guy that im watching. Gronk 2.0, same size, same speed, same attitude i hope. Mold this Monster!!!!!Blocking, pass catching, and get him some nasty. Hey Gronk, stop by and talk to Bumkin Lumpkin! Give him the ropes!

Johnny Lumpkin, Johnny Lumpkin, Johnny Lumpkin. My guy that im watching. Gronk 2.0, same size, same speed, same attitude i hope. Mold this Monster!!!!!Blocking, pass catching, and get him some nasty. Hey Gronk, stop by and talk to Bumkin Lumpkin! Give him the ropes!
How does he have the same speed as Gronk ? I thought I read he’s slow, runs like a 4.8.

I really thoughts Wheaton’s combine would get him drafted.

Lumpkin is my favorite pumpkin.

you have to take into consideration that he did not formally train for the combine- No agent is going to front him $50,,000 to work out at IMG or the like for 3 months. It is not like he can afford to quit school and train full time even on his own. .
All the training in the world won’t allow me to play center for the Celtics.

No. But the training can sure help improve someone's technique in how they run.. Which can translate onto the field as well. And it's not minor. Guys have improved 2-5 tenths of a second on some of the agility drills. Going from 4.45 to 4.15 on the Short Shuttle or going from 7.3 to 7.13 can be huge.

Definitely not Gronk this offense needs a true Y in the worst way.

Definitely not Gronk this offense needs a true Y in the worst way.

In your opinion, did they have a true "Y" from 2001-2004 when they had the Smurfs of Brown, Patten, and Branch?

In your opinion, did they have a true "Y" from 2001-2004 when they had the Smurfs of Brown, Patten, and Branch?
Graham, Rutledge to extent.

How about goalie for the Bruins?

too soon?

Nice news there with Malik Cunningham. When I watch this clip of him I'm thinking the Patriots might use him as a gadget player or maybe even try to convert him to WR like they did with Edelman.

Watching the highlights I don’t think he’s a running back conversion, I think it’s a WR conversion, but he seems like a more explosive version of Meyers than he does Edelman.

No. But the training can sure help improve someone's technique in how they run.. Which can translate onto the field as well. And it's not minor. Guys have improved 2-5 tenths of a second on some of the agility drills. Going from 4.45 to 4.15 on the Short Shuttle or going from 7.3 to 7.13 can be huge.
I just don't get what is special about Lumpkin that prevented him from working out for his pro day, he couldn't go to his local park, set up cones and practice his measurables like everybody else?

You started by saying he was exceptional for his size, he wasn't, now you're finding reasons why he wasn't. I get you want a third blocking TE but he has to beat out Matt Sokol or convince the staff a 6th offensive lineman isn't a better option. I just don't see it.

I just don't get what is special about Lumpkin that prevented him from working out for his pro day, he couldn't go to his local park, set up cones and practice his measurables like everybody else?

You started by saying he was exceptional for his size, he wasn't, now you're finding reasons why he wasn't. I get you want a third blocking TE but he has to beat out Matt Sokol or convince the staff a 6th offensive lineman isn't a better option. I just don't see it.
I'm expecting more use of an offensive lineman. Maybe they will find one that can catch a pass once in a while.

I'm expecting more use of an offensive lineman. Maybe they will find one that can catch a pass once in a while.
How about Calvin Anderson, guy has the best agility on the line along with Strange. Plug him in at the end of the line and let him play a little TE. Hunter Henry can play some at the end of the line, his blocking is a little better than advertised.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back