PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 UDFA thread

Yeah seems athletic enough. This could be an off-season issue…no camp yet with no comparison to other NFL players. I hope he sticks.

Definitely looks and tests the part. Clearly had some issue with Div 1 invites but went to a community college.

did you play 4 years of Basketball at a division 1 school? Are you the optimal size for a NBA center, were you considered one of the best 25 players at your position during your draft year?
Are we still talking about Johnny Lumpkin?

Does this thread include the UDFA talents Little Billy & Al Groh's kid drafted during the Entirety of Day 3?

Does this thread include the UDFA talents Little Billy & Al Groh's kid drafted during the Entirety of Day 3?
Only YOU would whine about the Pats drafting Speed (215) and Bolden (245). This is why you FAIL, Capt. You don't care about reality. You only care about the players you spluge over being drafted.

So who're they gonna keep on the 53 to keep the streak alive? My money's on Malik, but since I'm the opposite of Nostradamus, it's probably gonna be the 2nd coming of Tavai.

So who're they gonna keep on the 53 to keep the streak alive? My money's on Malik, but since I'm the opposite of Nostradamus, it's probably gonna be the 2nd coming of Tavai.
The younger Tavai was already released. Malik is as good a bet as any.

The younger Tavai was already released. Malik is as good a bet as any.
I’d go with Malik. Just don’t see how he’s gonna make the 53 without injuries to the WR corps. Then again, if he shows enough as a QB, might give him an edge I guess. Bottom roster developmental guy that can cover in a pinch at two important spots wouldn’t be too bad.

It's going to be interesting to see with of the 4 (Lee, Lumpkin, Cunningham, or Heilig) can make it.
With the loss of McMillian, I'd have said Heilig was most likely because of Special Teams play, but with Mapu excelling, that's less likely.

I don't see Lee or Cunningham being the ones. Not at WR. Not with us 4 deep already PLUS two Draft picks. Unless both pick really BOMB, both Lee and Cunningham are likely destined for the PS.

The Pats have Henry and Gesicki entrenched at TE. Washington, Lumpkin, Firkser and Sokol are going to battle it out for a spot and for a PS spot.

I’d go with Malik. Just don’t see how he’s gonna make the 53 without injuries to the WR corps. Then again, if he shows enough as a QB, might give him an edge I guess. Bottom roster developmental guy that can cover in a pinch at two important spots wouldn’t be too bad.
If Malik can show promise as an NFL passer in camp and in preseason, I think he makes the team as QB3 and scout team QB given his dual threat skills. But he has to hold his own as at least a mediocre NFL passer and that remains to be seen.

If he *can* run an NFL dual threat offense, I even think he could dress as QB2, with Zappe being the emergency QB3, because Cunningham could actually see action as a gadget player and preparation threat while all Zappe does is hold a clipboard unless Mac gets hurt.

Admittedly Cunningham has to show he can run an NFL offense in a pinch and it's not clear yet that he can throw well enough to be trusted to finish a game even with a dual threat package installed for him.

Also, if Mac does go down and Cunningham as QB2 does terribly, I would think he'd also end up (mysteriously) injured to activate Zappe....

Just like that he's back in the mix.

Awkward The Big Lebowski GIF

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST