PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl XL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this game is over..seattle killed themselves basically.

On another side note, these commercials are nothing special either.

Or perhaps my bad mood is just affecting everything.

Richter said:
I just have to say, these are officially the worst, most biased playoffs ever in terms of officiating. Seattle has gotten screwed at every turn. The non-existant pushoff, the Roethlisberger non-touchdown, the ball crossing the line on the long pass, the two missed offsides, the numerous bogus holds, the missed horsecollar, the ridiculous block below the waist call, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. I will never, EVER acknowledge these playoffs or the champion as legitimate, the officials have tainted it all.

2005-2006 = The season of the Refs

They send a corner on a blitz all the time, Who was Tobeck blocking??

This obvious Pitt Victory is as hollow as they come. The NFL MUST do something about this officiating. It has been abysmal ALL year. What a joke and what a complete diservice to the integrity of the game.

F the Steelers....since the Ref's F'd the Hawks.

Last edited:
Richter summed it up!

Nice sum up, richter. The league wants the Steelers to win this one. The refs are just following orders

SVN said:
every fan thinks their teams won fair and square , nothing specific to pitt.Thats the part of being a fan.
Every post I've seen from you in this thread your an apologist for this travesty, why is that?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yes they are, but it would be a totally different game if not for EITHER the BS Holding call, OR the ignored Horse Collar tackle, OR maybe even the hallucinatory block below the waist call. THREE calls in a row within minutes... all in Steeler's favor.

...and that's not including the imaginary touchdown by Roethlisberger in the first half. It's sad that the story of the season is all officiating.

The NFL shouldn't be very proud of this game. Both the play of the teams and the job by the refs.

Can you miss a blitz pick-up any worse than Max Strong did on that last play? He's blocking on the side with only 1 guy rushing and 3 O-lineman.

I can not believe the joke officiating of the play-offs actually continued into the Super Bowl. This is totally a tained victory.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Every post I've seen from you in this thread your an apologist for this travesty, why is that?
well if you want to just hate another fan becos his team won thats another thing. just imagine if the pats were winning this game with all the calls would you feel bad and not take the victory fair and square.?
Lets not get personal here friend, enjoy the game.

Um, did he beat the clock? I don't think so.

This game is a absolute fin joke

Garbanza said:
This obvious Pitt Victory is as hollow as they come. The NFL MUST do something about this officiating. It has been abysmal ALL year. What a joke and what a complete diservice to the integrity of the game.

F the Steelers....since the Ref's F'd the Hawks.

Absolutely hideous game by these refs tonight.......hawks are NOT playing well either and are horribly coached.............

stcjones said:
Absolutely hideous game by these refs tonight.......hawks are NOT playing well either and are horribly coached.............
Maybe this will help the Pats woo Jurevicius out to Foxboro. :)

The commercials have been pathetic also....... nice call, Bella*Chick

SVN said:
well if you want to just hate another fan becos his team won thats another thing. just imagine if the pats were winning this game with all the calls would you feel bad and not take the victory fair and square.?
Lets not get personal here friend, enjoy the game.

I would NEVER be able to celebrate a victory like this. I would incensed that the refs tainted my team's accomplishment. This is a travesty.

stcjones said:
they had braincramps on every drive they had a chance.

You know, I'm beginning to feel oddly relieved we aren't in the SB this year. Outside of NE nobody wanted to see a threepeat, so you know if they hadn't eliminated us in Denver they'd have found a way either in Indy or Detroit.

I hope something good finally comes of this. They've taken two TD's away from Seattle and given the Steelers one.....Seattle should be up by 6 but somebody decided weeks ago that if Peyton couldn't be helped to a ring they'd might as well help Pittsburgh grab one for the thumb. In the process they've given the entire league a black eye.

This is the sham Superbowl. I've seen better games and better officiating in the freakin' preseason. Bleh....

So who does the NFL want to be the MVP? Bettis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back