PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl XL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felger had Mike Pereria on this week and he told him to make sure Bernie Kukar did the SB. Just WOW. Three excruciatingly bad calls in a row. Phantom holding wipes out a TD, blatent horsecollar not called, and now you can't tackle the ball carrier below the waist?

Can we write in THE OFFICIALS for the MVP of XL?

This is a travesty. A multi-billion dollar industry can't afford competent full time employees?

Well at least we know this one won't be on anybody's top ten SB list down the road. I guess it's only fitting given all the recent discussion about how sooner or later horrendous officiating was going to give a Superbowl a black eye.

Officials definitely dropping the ball tonight, but the truth is so are both of the teams.

If I were Mike Holmgren, I'd be about two seconds away from a stroke.

On another note, this game has gone by awfully fast. Gee, time flies when the fix is in.

He was touched....refs are cutting the Pitt-meat too much

Wow...... It's official. The officials want the steelers to win....... Never seen so many bogus calls.

The thing that disturbs me the most is I guarentee that 99.99999999999% of the $hitsburg fans will think they won it fair and square.

What bunk! Fumble?

Waste of a challenge and any momentum.

I used to love professional wrestling when I was a kid, and I don't know what feels worse, coming to the realization that wrestling was fake, or seeing evidence that the game of pro football, that I've always loved, may not be on the level either.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
The thing that disturbs me the most is I guarentee that 99.99999999999% of the $hitsburg fans will think they won it fair and square.
every fan thinks their teams won fair and square , nothing specific to pitt.Thats the part of being a fan.

Does he need to be touched while he is down? Or is on the way down good enough? I thought it is the second.

He clearly was touched on the way down but clearly not touched while he was down.

It's honestly to the point where whatever call the refs make, I know the opposite actually occurred.

The Gr8est said:
I used to love professional wrestling when I was a kid, and I don't know what feels worse, coming to the realization that wrestling was fake, or seeing evidence that the game of pro football, that I've always loved, may not be on the level either.

What stands out to me is that the league did NOT fine Joey Porter for his comments on officiating in the Indy game. Irony?

Wow, Levy sounded like he was at a funeral announcing the call was overturned.

Murphys95 said:
Officials definitely dropping the ball tonight, but the truth is so are both of the teams.
Yes they are, but it would be a totally different game if not for EITHER the BS Holding call, OR the ignored Horse Collar tackle, OR maybe even the hallucinatory block below the waist call. THREE calls in a row within minutes... all in Steeler's favor.

Brutal job by the refs

Why isn't Ed Hochuli's or Mike Carey's crews here They are pretty good.

I just have to say, these are officially the worst, most biased playoffs ever in terms of officiating. Seattle has gotten screwed at every turn. The non-existant pushoff, the Roethlisberger non-touchdown, the ball crossing the line on the long pass, the two missed offsides, the numerous bogus holds, the missed horsecollar, the ridiculous block below the waist call, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. I will never, EVER acknowledge these playoffs or the champion as legitimate, the officials have tainted it all.

Oh, AND the fact that Roethlisburger actually DID block someone below the waist on the Randle-el touchdown pass.

Last edited:
The Gr8est said:
Why isn't Ed Hochuli's or Mike Carey's crews here They are pretty good.
Actually, I want to know why couldn't Hochuli et al. have ref'ed Pats-Broncos?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back