PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official SF/GB playoff game thread, open for bidness...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins and by how much?

• Packers by 6 or more

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Packers by 5 or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 49ers win in an upset

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interchangeable Within Tiers

Brady

2-4
Baugh
Graham
Montana

5-8
Luckman
Starr
Staubach
Unitas

9-11
Elway
Manning
Young

12-16
Bradshaw
Dawson
Marino
Rodgers
Van Brockln

17-19
Brees
Friedman
Herber
Tittle

20-25
Aikman
Favre
Kelly
Tarkenton
Warner
Honestly I can't rate the guys from 45-60 years ago. I know it's ignorant of me. But I just can't. I've tried.

I find it hard to believe that Jimmy G, with his bad decisions, would beat the Pack, but I saw it with my own eyes. Special teams, who thought that a team with its best, being its special teams, would win a playoff game?

Onward SF to beat Brady. Maybe Brady throws too many interceptions and the Rams win.

Go Rams

Honestly I can't rate the guys from 45-60 years ago. I know it's ignorant of me. But I just can't. I've tried.
Most of us can't but a few months ago @Ice_Ice_Brady did a well thought-out analysis of QBs and factored into it passer rating/QBR above peers and projected it in recent times. He also heavily weighed wins, playoff wins and SBs/championships, 4th qtr comebacks, etc

Only Rodgers could get away with deflecting another underachieving postseason. All the talk is if he'll come back. Not about putting up only 10 points and really doing nothing after that first drive.

He's lost to: Warner, Eli, Kaepernick X2, Wilson, JG X2, Palmer, Ryan and Brady. In the same playoff year Brady later beat Wilson and Ryan. Other than Brady not a murder's row. Warner retired after that season and wasn't the greatest show on turf at that point in his career. Yes Brady has 2 losses to Eli and Flacco but those were more about the defenses and a loss to Foles that was more about our defense as he put up record setting numbers. The one loss you can look at Brady and say WTF was 2010 Jets.

Rodgers wins: Vick, Ryan, Cutler, Ben, Joe Webb, Romo X2, Cousins, Eli, Wilson and Goff. Ben and Wilson I'll give him but what a list of gaggers and then there's Joe Webb, lol. Brady beat Wilson and Ryan along with Ben several times.

Say what you will about Manning but at least most of his losses came against Brady or some very good defenses in Pitt, SD and Baltimore who had decent to borderline HOFers (yes Ben will make it and probably Rivers as well but should they really?).

I've always contended the Rodgers comp should be Steve Young. HOF QBs no doubt and a physical skillset that's as good as it gets but not in the top ten conversation nevermind the GOAT conversation. You can throw all the QBR stats up you want. When it counted they wilted.
Deflecting not working. Twitter's having a field day with Rogers schadenfreude. Some really funny stuff too.

This was the final play on GB's last drive where Rogers threw a long pass into coverage. Watch the wide open receiver at midfield.

Last night was eerily similar to Brett Farve in 2007 losing to the Giants. I think Aaron gets his wish and the Packers move on from him as they clearly aren’t winning anything with him. 13-3 three straight years and not even one damn Super Bowl appearance? Pathetic.

It’s amazing how unlike any of the other major sports there is ZERO legitimate argument over who is the GOAT. It’s Brady and then a race for 2nd place.

Just think about it. In the NBA obviously Jordan is the usual choice but Lebron has his large camp and of course you’ve got people who’ll go to the mat to argue in favor of Kareem or Russell.

In MLB it’s a total crap shoot. What are we gonna judge this by, career WAR? I guess Babe Ruth is an easy choice because he has the wins and stats and obviously was the most dominant player of his era but is that more of a reflection on the era? I mean it was the damn 1920s. Ted Williams might be the best pure hitter ever but he never won crap. Mike Trout? Ahahahahah. And then you have pitchers in their own category.

Even the NHL is kind of a debate. Gretzky is like Jordan and is the usual choice but you have your Or camp, you have your Gordie Howe camp.

And arguing over who is the best soccer player ever can start wars.

I find it hard to believe that Jimmy G, with his bad decisions, would beat the Pack, but I saw it with my own eyes. Special teams, who thought that a team with its best, being its special teams, would win a playoff game?

Onward SF to beat Brady. Maybe Brady throws too many interceptions and the Rams win.

Go Rams
The Rams are going to present a tough task for Brady, even at home, on D. Even if Wirfs and Jensen go, they’re gimpy.

The Rams are going to present a tough task for Brady, even at home, on D. Even if Wirfs and Jensen go, they’re gimpy.
I’d be more confident if the O-line was healthy and Godwin and Brown were there. It’s going to be a tough game. But I think it will be tough for Stafford as well.

I wonder if Rodgers just sucks in the extreme cold?

it would be interesting to see what he would do in a dome or warm weather spot.

It's a fair point and Young got destroyed by the media and fans at the time while captain teflon mostly gets a free pass.
Everlong...you DO realize that Young won THREE Super bowls, don't you? I'd say that's quite a bit better than Aaron Gameshow. You made an earlier post equivocating Young with Rodgers.I cannot disagree more with this thought

I wonder if Rodgers just sucks in the extreme cold?

it would be interesting to see what he would do in a dome or warm weather spot.

He said he has "LARGE HANDS" and likes "HARD BALLS"....

Good that he is 1-and-done. He makes fun of Brady with the deflate-gate.

Who's laughing now?

It’s amazing how unlike any of the other major sports there is ZERO legitimate argument over who is the GOAT. It’s Brady and then a race for 2nd place.

Just think about it. In the NBA obviously Jordan is the usual choice but Lebron has his large camp and of course you’ve got people who’ll go to the mat to argue in favor of Kareem or Russell.

In MLB it’s a total crap shoot. What are we gonna judge this by, career WAR? I guess Babe Ruth is an easy choice because he has the wins and stats and obviously was the most dominant player of his era but is that more of a reflection on the era? I mean it was the damn 1920s. Ted Williams might be the best pure hitter ever but he never won crap. Mike Trout? Ahahahahah. And then you have pitchers in their own category.

Even the NHL is kind of a debate. Gretzky is like Jordan and is the usual choice but you have your Or camp, you have your Gordie Howe camp.

And arguing over who is the best soccer player ever can start wars.
Messi.

If Jansen and Wirfs play like **** (or not at all ) Tom will have a tough time today.
I think this challenge for the Bucs will sharpen minds into going away from the vertical game. They know Tom will not have much time so theyll go to the short passing game, and it will help them to take advantage of space. The Rams are strong up front, strong in the d-backfield, but not at linebacker. Take advantage of that space--Tampa has enough weapons to do this in Fournette, Bernard, Brate, Gronk, and Evans. It's a mystery what WR will show up other than Evans, but they do have Miller, Johnson, Perriman and Grayson.

Regarding Steve Young...

He ran into juggernaut’s of the early 90’s Cowboys and then the short lived Packers teams. Had Jerry Rice not been injured and Garrison Hearst were available, they would’ve had a better shot in 1997. They beat down the Broncos earlier in the year and probably would’ve done it again.

I love Messi but soccer is not clear cut. Maradona for me is still supreme. I like Messi's temperament more than Christian Ronaldo but I have grudging respect for the crying baby from Portugal.

Hockey is a lot tougher since yes, Gretzky seems to dominate, but you can't tell me Lemieux isn't right there with him.

Everlong...you DO realize that Young won THREE Super bowls, don't you? I'd say that's quite a bit better than Aaron Gameshow. You made an earlier post equivocating Young with Rodgers.I cannot disagree more with this thought
So your giving Young credit for Superbowls where he was the backup?

I think this challenge for the Bucs will sharpen minds into going away from the vertical game. They know Tom will not have much time so theyll go to the short passing game, and it will help them to take advantage of space. The Rams are strong up front, strong in the d-backfield, but not at linebacker. Take advantage of that space--Tampa has enough weapons to do this in Fournette, Bernard, Brate, Gronk, and Evans. It's a mystery what WR will show up other than Evans, but they do have Miller, Johnson, Perriman and Grayson.
Yep. TB has enough on offense to win the whole thing. That is not my concern.

Miller has really come on these last 5 games

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back