PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official pregame TNF thread: Pats @ Falcons

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has us 6th in offensive ppg, anybody know if that’s adjusted for defensive tds, or if our defensive tds are well above league average? I can think of maybe 2 pick 6’s ? Which wouldn’t skew the ranking that much

Patterson has been getting a lot of play by the fantasy football dorks, but Pitts is the guy we need to shut down. I’d expect a committee in that regard. JCJ, Williams, Mills. Probably a good mix of Cover-0, 1, and 3 for this contest with 2-3 down linemen. Atlanta went on a bit of a hot streak prior to losing Ridley, but this is a team that’s easily defended.

Pats 6 point road favorites.

This game is as trap as games get, and it’s on the road. I will be very impressed if they can win convincingly here like they did yesterday.
I don't think its a trap... This patriots team has become extremely physical and theyll pound the ball

Patterson has been getting a lot of play by the fantasy football dorks, but Pitts is the guy we need to shut down. I’d expect a committee in that regard. JCJ, Williams, Mills. Probably a good mix of Cover-0, 1, and 3 for this contest with 2-3 down linemen. Atlanta went on a bit of a hot streak prior to losing Ridley, but this is a team that’s easily defended.
I expect Pitts to get the Darren Waller treatment from last year. They don’t have the WRs to beat you elsewhere.

Having traded Julio Jones, then losing Ridley and Patterson, Pitts is the man to shut down. What does Atlanta have after Pitts? Can't believe their running attack is better than Clevelands.

With Ridley and Patterson out, I think that Pitts draws JC Jackson most of the game. Mills and Bryant should be able to handle Gage/Zaccheus/Sharpe/Darby. Dugger/Phillips/DMac will see Hurst, Gallman, Davis.

I think that the Pats D-lines should have a field day with the Falcons' O-line. Dallas got plenty of pressure on Ryan/Rosen leading to 3 interceptions.

Are they even going to shadow anyone? Based on the last few games, the Patriots look to have become primarily Cover-2 zone defense. I know they are game specific and their defense will change for the opponent. But I am assuming with a short week and no real practices, the Pats are unlikely to switch back to man this week. I could be wrong.

Having traded Julio Jones, then losing Ridley and Patterson, Pitts is the man to shut down. What does Atlanta have after Pitts? Can't believe their running attack is better than Clevelands.
Completely forgot Patterson is out too. This should be an easy W unless we turn the ball over.

Are they even going to shadow anyone? Based on the last few games, the Patriots look to have become primarily Cover-2 zone defense. I know they are game specific and their defense will change for the opponent. But I am assuming with a short week and no real practices, the Pats are unlikely to switch back to man this week. I could be wrong.

They've been playing a Man-Zone mix. Jackson has still been lining up with the oppositions top receiver, for the most part. He was on Donovan People-Jones most of the day against the Browns.

Looks like we'll have Harris and Olszewski back as they were back at practice today.
They’ve been playing a lot of Rip/Liz match, too. Particularly in games like Tampa and Dallas where they had to try to contain the run and stop multiple vertical routes where they didn’t have the luxury of choosing simple coverage schemes. I’m pretty certain at least one of Zach Wilson’s INTs came because of his confusion over Cover-1/Cover-3 pattern matching.

People are going to be traveling home that day from Thanksgiving weekend...they think more people will watch during the Sunday early slot.
But Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, not Monday. Case in point, I take my son to the airport Sunday morning early and my daughter late Sunday afternoon. I typically hate night games, but this one would have fit in nicely with holiday planning

Great news

But Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, not Monday. Case in point, I take my son to the airport Sunday morning early and my daughter late Sunday afternoon. I typically hate night games, but this one would have fit in nicely with holiday planning

The game is 1 PM Sunday so CBS figured people will be eating leftover Turkey, etc. for lunch with family, catch the game, and then head home afterwards...

I
But I am assuming with a short week and no real practices, the Pats are unlikely to switch back to man this week.
As the base look, I agree on the zone standard, but down and distance specific they'll still throw some man at them.

They've been playing a Man-Zone mix. Jackson has still been lining up with the oppositions top receiver, for the most part. He was on Donovan People-Jones most of the day against the Browns.

They have always been a mix during the Belichick years. At some points there wasn't a lot of mixing and they were mostly either zone or man. The mix will never change. But they have become a predominant cover-2 zone team in recent weeks. They do throw a some man in there, but I would say a majority (a significant majority in a game or two) has been zone. I don't expect that to change this week especially with Atlanta's offense in tatters with both Patterson and Ridley out.

I am sure they will run some man. And putting Jackson on Pitts would be the smart move. Hell, double team him all the time in man too. It isn't like Ryan has anyone else to throw to who scares you.

I

As the base look, I agree on the zone standard, but down and distance specific they'll still throw some man at them.

Sure, you gotta be the 2015 and 2016 Seahawks to run zone all the time and be effective. Otherwise, you need to mix it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back