PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pregame Thread Bills @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this has been shared before but gives a good look into magic numbers to make the playoff by playoff position.

Pats gotta win 2 of 3 to secure a post season spot, 3 of 3 for 2nd and 3rd seed gotta hope for a ton of unlikely help for 1st. I think this is going to be a really tough game this weekend, particularly if we are missing players, please COVID dont get us.... :)

These are assuming everyone else wins out.

Don’t we literally just need one loss from the chiefs for the 1 seed? What’s all the tons of unlikely help?
Yes, and the have 3 losable games left

Don’t we literally just need one loss from the chiefs for the 1 seed? What’s all the tons of unlikely help?
I think the way it looks is a Chiefs loss and the Pats win out. Unlikely? yeh I think that's unlikely.

Take a look at the chart, there is a selection for losing games vs winning.

Going to need the defense to play a great game - like a 17 point effort. This just smells like a Nick Folk 4 field goal game given what looks to be a very depleted receiver corps....

Wilkerson big game
When Mac was behind Cam on the depth chart this preseason, didn't he have really good chemistry with Wilkerson? Am I remembering correctly?

Wouldn't bet on him having a huge game, but Wilkerson is a promising choice as an emergency ps player.

yea really need the 2 headed monster of Harris and Mondre for this offense to be operate well

I'm going to compile the stats for Harris since he was drafted at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shows he's missed a larger percentage of games than Sony Michel

When Mac was behind Cam on the depth chart this preseason, didn't he have really good chemistry with Wilkerson? Am I remembering correctly?

Wouldn't bet on him having a huge game, but Wilkerson is a promising choice as an emergency ps player.

Wilkerson will never demand double coverage, and is no where as stout in run blocking as Harry. Not ideal for deep threat. It allows a single high formation or a safety in the box for run support. As weak as Harry has been, he can burn single coverage deep.

he had, but Wilkerson struggled to catch the ball, thats his main issue and not a good one to have for a receiver ;)

Wilkerson will never demand double coverage, and is no where as stout in run blocking as Harry. Not ideal for deep threat. It allows a single high formation or a safety in the box for run support. As weak as Harry has been, he can burn single coverage deep.
does not even need to burn them, just throw him a ball, Mac has the accuracy to place the ball where only his receiver can catch it, back shoulder passes are a strength from Mac and actually from Harry as well, just didn't get called for whatever reason, seems the Pats like to throw short of the LoS and than see what happens, because why would you give Harry a chance down field?

barely used Harry to his strength so far, which is mind blowing

So Kelce and Hill are now on the COVID list and reportedly more are to come in KC. If they don't play, this game becomes bigger because the Pats have an excellent chance for the bye again after this weekend.

yea really need the 2 headed monster of Harris and Mondre for this offense to be operate well

I'm going to compile the stats for Harris since he was drafted at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shows he's missed a larger percentage of games than Sony Michel
As a NEP Sony played in 13, 16 and 9 games (79%), 921 snaps or 35% of all snaps.

Take out his redshirt year in 2019 and Harris in his 2 years as a major contributor he has played in 22 of a possible 29 games (76%) and 581 snaps (41.1%)

So Harris has missed a greater % of games but has played more during an actual game.

does not even need to burn them, just throw him a ball, Mac has the accuracy to place the ball where only his receiver can catch it, back shoulder passes are a strength from Mac and actually from Harry as well, just didn't get called for whatever reason, seems the Pats like to throw short of the LoS and than see what happens, because why would you give Harry a chance down field?

barely used Harry to his strength so far, which is mind blowing

The Pats tried to use Harry last game, especially after he was elevated with Agholor out. Harry was the primary read in the red zone on the play where Mac was intercepted (Harry slipped on his route so Mac looked to Henry). After Agholor went out Mac threw Harry a few balls including the one where he got hurt. I am wondering if Harry was concussed or hurt as they helped him walk off quickly, usually with a concussion the staff takes more time to walk him off. Either way, Harry did not look good going off.

I agree with you that not involving Harry more is curious, but they are integrating him slowly. I love his hands and how he catches the ball away from his body which is ideal for any type of contested catch.

If they have a massive outbreak, either a lot of key players missing the game or have the game pushed to Monday or Tuesday which gives them a short week to go on the road to Cincy next Sunday are neither ideal for them.

I don't wish the COVID thing on any team....might just be us at some point......

Wow, huge opportunity for us on Sunday if hill and kelce aren’t activated in time. Right now thats a much worse situation than us , we still have our groound game and te’s at least (thus far). Hard to see them winning, even against pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News