PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a bunch of props for this game and it's not even a Super Bowl. LOL.

# of passes for Brady to pass 67.5 yards over 5.5?
Gronk over 167.5 yards receiving?
Brady over 443 yards passing?
Brady over 6.5 passing TD?
Brady over 67.5 passing yards in the first quarter?
Which Tampa Bay player catches Brady's record breaking pass

I'm gonna go with
Under (4)
No (90)
No (400)
No (3)
Yes (90)
Gronk

Tampa should be 1-2 right now...

They turned the ball over four times in week one. Despite that, they had the game basically sealed when Godwin fumbled at the one yard line…similar to Harris/Miami. And Dallas looks like a playoff team. Explain how they should be 1-2.

Of course the Patriots can win this…
  • Tampa Bay often gets into a dumbass run-run-pass pattern and gives away drives by not being disguised enough.
  • If Bernard doesn’t play, expect at least one turnover worthy play from Fournette or Jones, usually by batting a pass. Jones is terrible. Patriots will likely force Tampa to rely on their running backs in the passing game, especially if Bernard is out.
  • Tampa has not tackled well and been super aggressive on defensive, despite banging their heads on the wall with blitzes. I could definitely see a handful of misdirection plays and perhaps another flea flicker variation.
  • Evans gets shut down often by a good CB. If JC Jackson can cover him one on one, it changes the complexion. May come down to how tight the refs are with Jackson being aggressive and Evans always trying to draw a PI.
I think this game will be close. Patriots will win if they can hit a few big plays…either deep passes, breakaway screens, punt returns, etc. The biggest challenge for Bill on defense is Tampa in the red zone. With three good tight ends, Evans, Godwin, Brown, and RBs who are actually better suited for that area, they have a very, very good red zone offense. That’s where scheme ingenuity is needed.

I think the only way we win is being able to BOTH pass protect and pressure Brady with 4 guys. If either fails we’re in trouble. I don’t think we can expect much success on the ground against that team so must exploit that secondary. If we can’t, doesn’t matter what our defense does because they’ll eventually wear out and give up over 20 even if they are having the game of their lives while the offense would be lucky to hit 20.

And if it’s a shootout with Brady in a clean pocket or us needing to send extra blitzers on him, were screwed there too. So it’s possible but not sure the chances of hitting on both points. Would need to win the turnover battle and maybe get big plays from special teams (where has that been so far?) if we can’t knock Brady around.

They turned the ball over four times in week one. Despite that, they had the game basically sealed when Godwin fumbled at the one yard line…similar to Harris/Miami. And Dallas looks like a playoff team. Explain how they should be 1-2.

don't worry, Godwin made up for that by pushing off on a cowboys DB...

don't worry, Godwin made up for that by pushing off on a cowboys DB...

Oh, I see. A game against a good team, four turnovers, injured CB in first quarter…they win anyway but it shouldn’t count because on one play, the refs didn’t call a penalty for a push-off which was, by all accounts, a judgment call and not a blatant one. They still have the ball even if it’s called.

Sounds like a Jets fan take…really embarrassing to this forum. The Bucs are 2-1 and the Patriots are 1-2. “You are what you are” and “no excuses” until you’re not atop the mountain anymore, at which point apparently you become the whiny, excuse making fans we all used to mock.

Oh, I see. A game against a good team, four turnovers, injured CB in first quarter…they win anyway but it shouldn’t count because on one play, the refs didn’t call a penalty for a push-off which was, by all accounts, a judgment call and not a blatant one. They still have the ball even if it’s called.

Sounds like a Jets fan take…really embarrassing to this forum. The Bucs are 2-1 and the Patriots are 1-2. “You are what you are” and “no excuses” until you’re not atop the mountain anymore, at which point apparently you become the whiny, excuse making fans we all used to mock.

Why so sensitive about the Bucs? I made a comment in response to Rob who said the Bucs were not playing well...it' s not like I'm attacking your favorite team, or am I?

Why so sensitive about the Bucs? I made a comment in response to Rob who said the Bucs were not playing well...it' s not like I'm attacking your favorite team, or am I?

The Bucs are indeed not playing well. See my post from within the last hour that the Patriots have a good shot to win this game.

The Bucs are 2-1. The Patriots are 1-2. The Dolphins are 1-2. The Saints are 2-1. It’s such a bad look for everyone to start yapping away like a 2010 Chargers fan coming to pay a visit to tell us how this and that, and that and this, never shoulda happened, and the teams coulda had a different record, and it all woulda been different, if only…

What you’re attacking is a long-held forum belief that those types of posts are for losers.

Last edited:
The ironic thing is, people say the bucs aren't playing well, but there were many occasions where our own Patriots started slow and we made excuses for them? The Bucs AND Chiefs will be fine. I understand they arent our teams but both will make the playoffs.

The Bucs are indeed not playing well. See my post from within the last hour that the Patriots have a good shot to win this game.

The Bucs are 2-1. The Patriots are 1-2. The Dolphins are 1-2. The Saints are 2-1. It’s such a bad look for everyone to start yapping away like a 2010 Chargers fan coming to pay a visit to tell us how this and that, and that and this, never shoulda happened and the teams coulda had a different record and it all woulda been different if only…

What you’re attacking is a long-held forum belief that those types of posts are for losers.
We have become the fans who said coulda woulda against our team lol

The Bucs are 2-1. The Patriots are 1-2. The Dolphins are 1-2. The Saints are 2-1. It’s such a bad look for everyone to start yapping away like a 2010 Chargers fan coming to pay a visit to tell us how this and that, and that and this, never shoulda happened, and the teams coulda had a different record, and it all woulda been different, if only…

If I made a similar comment about the Texans prior to next week's game or another opponent you wouldn't bat an eyelash...

If I say the same thing about the Texans prior to next week's game you wouldn't bat an eyelash...
Cannot compare the Texans to the super bowl bucs led by Brady. There were plenty occasions we started slow and made excuses.

If I say the same thing about the Texans prior to next week's game you wouldn't bat an eyelash...

How appropriate to try to win an argument by presenting an alternative theoretical scenario where I say nothing, over the actual reality where I call you out. Same fallacy as W/L swapping…lol

Because you sound like one of those fans that pats fans used to make fun of.

Maybe Brady has an email somewhere with the exact same line about Bill as he had about Manning?

"I've got another 7 or 8 years. He's got 2. That's the final chapter. Game on". :D

Brady was practicing so hard today that he lost his voice. I think he really wants to put up 60 on us.

So. Not give up any pressure, run the ball well, get constant pressure on Brady shut down evans and then hold up against Gronk, brate, Godwin, AB...yeah sounds simple....Man how does Tampa ever win a game? Sounds so easy to beat them.
You've really got your heart set on being negative. Most of what you said is a big exaggeration of what I said. I'm giving a scenario in which it would be competitive, not one in which the Pats are guaranteed a win. If you think it's so ridiculous to posit that the game could even possibly be close, I'm confused by your participation in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back