PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post-Game Thread: Week 1 - Pats lose to Dolphins 17-16

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I think that Patriots fans have a lot to say "Yeah, but this!" about. On the other hand, I think they also should have a lot of questions and concerns.

1. One example of the former is being beaten to death: Mac-10 mostly looked good in his NFL debut.
  2. One example of the latter is the need to wonder why the hell a team with this run game was putting so much into the hands of that debuting rookie QB.

Harris was good but no one is going remember anything about his game today besides him fumbling the ball and costing this team the game.
I don’t think Harris was really good today! If you remove his first 35 yards run he was 22 for 65 yards. That’s less than 3 y/c

Yes and they still got it wrong. There were more missed calls in this game than a 3rd rate HS game.......on both sides.
I agree, the refs played a huge role in this loss. But I'm beyond ecstatic at our QB play

Excited about Mac. Sucks to lose, but if this ends up our QB for the next 15 years today's a win in the long run. Couldnt have asked for Mac to do better and he already looks like an NFL QB - should only get better. Just sucks that his team blew it with penalties and fumbles. Pretty ironic that an area thought to be one of the big strengths of the team, RB, ended up being our downfall today. Agholor looks like the real deal, I wasn't that excited about him but looks like a great signing. hopefully the TE's live up eventually - very underwhelming start for them recieving wise. Bourne looks explosive and Jacoby is Jacoby. I think we're OK there but really lack the legit playmaker that this team would need to be a contender. If we lose the turnover battle we are doomed. Defense wasn't pretty, but they did their job ultimately. 17 points against a good offense, and one possession started in our territory due to a fumble. They were being asked too much at the end after making consecutive big stops to put us in position to win. Folk was outstanding again , another great sign, the rest of ST's were alright but unspectacular. Could use a KR. It's a long season, if we're meant to be in the playoffs we will pull it together and get in. 3 of the 6 SB winning teams lost on week 1. Not saying we're super bowl bound but week 1 is very miniscule in the grand scheme.

I don’t think Harris was really good today! If you remove his first 35 yards run he was 22 for 65 yards. That’s less than 3 y/c
Much less success in 2nd half. Suspect Miami adjusted. Miami wanted game in Mac’s hands

They aren’t a good offense though.

I’ll be watching because I’m curious to see how he does with a new team. I didn’t approve of the trade not because Harris fumbled, but because we’ve had injury issues. I hear Harris was gassed.

They have legit playmakers at WR. The big plays to Parker and Waddle were great plays that had pretty good coverage. RB's are pretty good, and Tua looked better than last year (I was really down on him coming into this season) . Holding that offense to 17 despite a drive starting in our territory is a pretty good outing.

They have legit playmakers at WR. The big plays to Parker and Waddle were great plays that had pretty good coverage. RB's are pretty good, and Tua looked better than last year (I was really down on him coming into this season) . Holding that offense to 17 despite a drive starting in our territory is a pretty good outing.
If Fuller had played, Miami would probably have won the game by 14+.

Brady carried the current overrated oc on his back for 15 years . Rehire Bill O'Brien end of the year after he wins a college championship with Alabama.
We wouldn’t have won that Rams super bowl without our overrated OC coming up with a out of the box series at the end.

That’s what leaders do.

Runs with the OLine when they have to do laps. Doesn't care about having the football of his first TD because the team is losing. A lot of other examples. This kid is it. I can't believe we got this kid I was watching last year. This is playing out perfectly. Except for the fact he took 7 hits today, that was very very concerning.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back