PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Bad game today, not much else to say....Jonu was bad, the play calling (Bolden runs) were bad and the defense when it counted was bad. Hope James White is ok!!!

Hope we get Trent Brown and Uche back next week and oh, did I forget that the O-line was really bad today.

Let's discuss

Here is all you need to know.

Both our lines need to step up next week or it's going to be a massacre

Mac should have handed off to Bolden at the end I knew it :D

Missed Uche today. Hopefully good to go a week from now

A whole lot of liability to pass around today. That offensive line in the first half though.....

Our oline is awful. Our running game today was non existent. We gifted them a TD and the ball at the 10. The awfful calls from mcdaniels in the red zone. The defense played well enough to win despite not being able to stop NO on that last drive but they had stopped them consistently before then and i think they are improving. We need trent back fast.

-Somehow the offense is getting worse. Fire the OC before this looks like Denver'10 and StLouis'11.
-OLine continues to be terrible. Fire the OC. Stop pretending Herron or Durant can play, they cannot.
-Mac rushing 5 times shows how crappy the pass protection is. Mac should not be the rushing leader in a game!
-Brandon Bolden should never run the ball over the 3 other RBs, ever. FIRE the OC.
-Team still has no idea how to use 2TEs. Stop using Jonnu as an outside receiver, he is a middle of the field tight end.
-Red zone issues continue. Fire the OC.

-Run defense remains an issue. Bentley and Godchaux still suck.

Last edited:
If Smith could actually catch footballs this would've been a far different game.

OL was a dumpster again. Praying Brown returns next week and helps fix the unit up but I doubt just his presence will resolve all their issues. Mac getting hit far too often, I am almost afraid to look up the hit/pressure totals.

Considering the above two issues, Mac played well. He's a rookie and showed well all-things-considered. Wish for better playcalling in the red zone from Josh. Losing White sucks. The defense was a little hot-and-cold but were mostly good outside of their multiple blown coverages on that single early drive. Can't fault them TOO much at the end - they were clearly gassed. Offense was going 3-and-out way too often.

Ughh, that was ugly Smith basically gave that game away today.

The Oline was offensive, the D couldn't stop the run they knew was coming, and that RZ play calling was atrocious.

The team only looked good in the third quarter. The offensive line is a problem and the defense is a problem.

Mac was bad today as well. Interceptions tons of overthrows and 50/50 balls. I thought people were hyping him up too much after the first two games.

I agree with belichick going with him as the starter but he has a long way to go.

Regardless their playoff hopes are pretty much dead after today.

Whites injury didn't look good. Defense as always looks good until we need them to make a stop. OL sucked. Other than that it was a great showing.

Mac Jones 3 picks were:
  1. Eats instant kill shot up the middle while throwing
  2. Hits TE in hands who pops it up right to Saints defender
  3. Late game desperation play
The OL can't run block (MAC JONES led the team in rushing yards and yards per attempt, Harris got 2.3 per), they can't pass protect (Mac keeps having to eat kill shots to get even short passes off), the defense is soft against the run, and they continue to have back-breaking drops, penalties and special teams blunders.

This is the kind of rookie stat line I'm not shocked to see, but what is shocking is how the team is closing in on Jets tier hostility to their own rookie QB. The formula is to run the ball well, play strong D, block up front when you take your shots in the passing game, and let the rookie game manage you to close games. Instead Jones is throwing it up 51 times a game, the run game stinks, special teams are botching things and the line play is soft.

The team only looked good in the third quarter. The offensive line is a problem and the defense is a problem.

Mac was bad today as well. Interceptions tons of overthrows and 50/50 balls. I thought people were hyping him up too much after the first two games.

I agree with belichick going with him as the starter but he has a long way to go.

Regardless their playoff hopes are pretty much dead after today.
Cool guess you should stop watching now since you already know the ending

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back