PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Ravens beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run defense is terrible right now. And there's no Wilfork level player that's going to fix it. Worse than that is they've let Lamar Jackon beat them. Wentz, Watson and Mahomes are all much better QB's. That's scary to think of.

There's got to be a left tackle out there somewhere. Just need one game. Then Wynn is back I think. Newhouse is so bad that he should be cut this morning.
None of those QBs are as quick, nor as fast as Jackson. Very different

Newhouse might be the worst LT we’ve put in front of Brady.
No "might be" about it. He's the worst we've seen in this era and one of the worst all time that I've seen.

How much did changing the clocks back contribute to the loss?

Last edited:
No "might be" about it. He's the worst we've seen in this era and one of the worst all time that I've seen.
Newhouse started out competent but hes been exposed- which is what you would expect for a rotational player after a few starts.

Wynn can't come in soon enough.

Ok, my general impressions after a morning coffee and a chance to mull things over away from the heat of the GDT.

In no particular order:

1. It's a good sign that Sanu "gets it" that he's already integrated into the no-huddle and performing. Can only get better.

2. Lot's of weird stuff that didn't break the Pats' way.

3. Refs called the game like they were trying to avoid Harbaugh's incessent whining.

4. Stinks to lose but this game could have easily been won with a few breaks going a different way.

5. Watson's drop - his hands weren't all that when he was here the first time. He's a high effort, high character guy but only a middling to decent talent.

6. Jules, it's great to give everything to score but you can't do it without the ball.

7. I agree with those whose take is that this can be a therapeutic loss.

Watch the Ravens lose to the Bengals after all this hype

I think this is more of an indictment of the Ravens and Lamar than the Pats.

We know our OL is not playing well. Newhouse is awful. Brady is 42 and is no longer interested in taking a hit before delivering a strike.

Our defense played tomato cans prior to this game. I never thought we were as good as everyone hyped it out to be. But I think this is still the best defense since the early 00's.

Lamar is the difference here. His threat to run the ball is the real x factor and opens lanes for their running game. And when he does run, he's like prime Mike Vick.

I thought we should have drafted him. BB loves players who you can't match up for and Lamar may be the ultimate multi-set tool.

Yes injuries may happen, but he doesn't really take any unnecessary hits like Luck did or Watson now.

I live in MD and have seen Ravens all year and those two long drives to kill the game is what they do. Now I have to listen to all these idiots talk about the Pats don't want to see the Ravens in the playoffs.

Anyone else still feel like the Pats were going to win the game until the Edelman fumble? Pats were almost certainly going to take the lead there and the game plays out totally different from there if Pats take the lead. Ravens could not stop the hurry up and we were rolling. Would have been 20 straight unanswered. Hate to put this one on Julian, but man, I could see a weary Ravens team crumbling after the Pats take the lead there. That fumble and return for 6 gave them a life line and to their credit, they seized upon it.

Ravens won their SB. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them collapse.

Newhouse started out competent but hes been exposed- which is what you would expect for a rotational player after a few starts.

Yep.

There’s a reason why he’s with his 7th team. Teams don’t just let LTs walk unless they have a good reason to.

I live in MD and have seen Ravens all year and those two long drives to kill the game is what they do. Now I have to listen to all these idiots talk about the Pats don't want to see the Ravens in the playoffs.

Just the opposite.

The Ravens bag of tricks wont work as well next time.

Anybody notice how Cowart did last night? Based on the #s I'm assuming ****ty or shaky like everyone else on the front 7

Lawrence Guy 76%
Danny Shelton 59%
Adam Butler 57%

Stephon Gilmore 94%
Jason McCourty 64%
Jonathan Jones 41%
JC Jackson 41%

Not a great matchup for the Pats. The Ravens scheme can get all 3 fatties north of 50% & turn the CBs into part time players.

The Pats secondary is historic. Their interior DL is close to average. The offense may need to win the game in a projected rematch.

"He's fine" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes