PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

What did you want them to say, "we just ran the play that was called?"
If you are convinced that Jakobi is a good enough actor to literally tear up, while apologizing profusely for trying to be a hero, I'd think that you'd want him to retire and go to Hollywood or Broadway.

If you are convinced that Jakobi is a good enough actor to literally tear up, while apologizing profusely for trying to be a hero, I'd think that you'd want him to retire and go to Hollywood or Broadway.
I can see him playing in LA or NY next season.

but are the players doing their job too ? have they to be told to not lateral pass in a tie game ? or not false start ? or not snap the ball when everyone is not set ? Coaches have messed it up but no one is doing their job. cant expand that to BB has mailed it in. we had the same situation in 2009 where BB openly said i cant get these players to play
You make my point. BB is mailing it in. The inmates are running the asylum. No discipline, attention to detail, no creative use of personnel or problem solving.

This is a dumb take by Chatham. Who gets the players prepared? The coaches. If the team is sloppy, undisciplined. That's coaching. If the players can't read situational football...that means it's not being stressed enough by....the coaches...
It's possible for both the coaches and the players to suck. I think Patricia needs to go, but that doesn't mean that Mac has a future as a starter. The only excuse I can think of for Meyers is that he's still concussed.

I just can’t fathom Stevenson and Meyers losing their minds like that unless the coaches told them it was a lateral drill.
So you trust these two players to follow the play and the coach who has made some poor choices at OC this yr but nevertheless been the best over 20 yrs to call a lateral play ? Or you think matty p called the play and meyers is covering for him and the coaches , same coaches he questioned about mac benching and the offensive playcalling ?
This is some blind hate on the coaching staff when the players just screwed up and didnt follow orders.

At first glance looks like he's in bounds but on closer look the tip of his shoe is dark and blends in with the grass but is actually stepping on the white line! ---NO TD--Pats win! (cudda,wudda,shudda).
Maybe. You could argue that his cleats were inbounds before the very tip of his shoe hits the edge of the boundary. It was very close and I can see why they didn't reverse the call on the field. That's not the reason for the loss though.

It's possible for both the coaches and the players to suck. I think Patricia needs to go, but that doesn't mean that Mac has a future as a starter. The only excuse I can think of for Meyers is that he's still concussed.

Hey may not be, but I also have a hard time analyzing him because he has such poor coaching.

And because I saw him last year look like a totally different player under McDaniels. It's not like he looked like trash last year. He had 22 tds and 10 interceptions.

If he looked like this last year I would be more on your side here. Now if he gets a real OC next year and still looks like this then yeah.

Greetings,
Is it just me or was David Andrews response to that last play just a way of him saying he is sick of the offensive coaching staff??
Celticboy04

The Lateral From Hell wasn’t a one-off by a fringe player in an otherwise crisp game. It was the capper (one hopes) to a season of offensive futility. A season doomed when Belichick put Matt Patricia in charge of an offensive overhaul and said, “Don’t worry."

The bar got lowered right then. And the Patriots have limboed under it ever since.

Not that this loss was primarily on Matt Patricia or the coaches. As Belichick subtly signaled a few times Sunday and Monday (we’ll get to that), on-field execution and in-the-moment situational decision-making sunk the knife between the shoulder blades of 2022.

Most notably? Mac Jones stunk. If you’re going to go all-in on calling out the sidelines when things go sideways -- which I had no issue with after nine months of the offense floundering -- you better be pristine with your own performance.

Jones wasn’t. He was 13 for 31 for 112 yards. He was 8-for-15 for 56 yards in the first half. Somehow, he was worse in the second -- 5-for-16 for 56 yards.

He missed two throws wide on the first drive. In a three-play stretch from the Raiders 1, he missed Jonnu Smith in the end zone, threw high to Nelson Agholor on the goal line allowing a pass-breakup and didn’t check to see if his offense was set before going quick-snap for a would-be QB sneak touchdown. He overshot Meyers running open down the seam. And he laid down like a fawn in a pasture when the Patriots – too scared to let him throw on a third-and-10 with 3:04 remaining – called for a bootleg run.

There were plays to be made. Jones failed to make them.

You have to tell guys not to throw it backwards in a tie game to a spindly quarterback whose 55 yards from the goal line? You have to tell a first-round pick to check that everyone’s set before snapping the ball on the goal line? Or a highly-paid veteran tight end to get his posterior on the line? You have to tell guys to be ready to block at the end of the play clock on a punt even if the clock’s been (or about to be reset) because the snapper may blow at anytime?

Also don't forget the boneheaded blocked punt. That's another notch for the coaching staff. No one lined up or ready to block
That one's one Cardona. The refs were late in bumping the play clock and he didn't double check it. He saw it was at four seconds and hiked it.

After an ugly first half a very good 2nd half but it finished as we know

But i am not mad as i should because we are not good enough

A good team win this game

To much of the dismay of the Jones haters, Jones will be the undisputed starter next year and unfortunately be treated to what bad teams do to young QBs - a third OC and third offensive system in three years. I guarantee you Belichick knows that he and Patricia set this guy back (although he will never admit it publicly) and will give Jones another chance to prove himself next year.

I'll admit Jones played like crap yesterday and for the first time was a bigger problem with the offense than the o-line that played fairly well yesterday (at least for them). But for most of the year, play calling and the o-line have been exponentially more of an issue than Jones.

We still don't know if Jones is the guy and won't know until next year when Belichick gets a real OC and offense.

Surely you're not suggesting that Corky be handed the starting job next year without having to compete for it first, are you?

Because I would be very interested in seeing Corky vs Zappy on a level playing field...

Extend Judon. Cut or trade the rest. McCourty is a FA. Let him walk.

id consider keeping Mills around as well, but yea other than Judon everyone on that list has been stealing money

Extend Judon. Cut or trade the rest. McCourty is a FA. Let him walk.
i would keep parker. He has been solid for a WR in this offense given the **** situation, first year with the pats in comparison to bourne and agholor but playing better, and he is a physical outside guy we don't have this type of WR.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back