PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Pretty much this. You can start from the end and be like "that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen"
Then you gotta say "well they kinda let the Raiders score in the closing moments to tie it"
Then you gotta say "well, there was a bad call from the refs"
Then you gotta say "well, the defense failed to close on a 4th and 10"
That's the thing about these losses. You can follow a schedule of "miscues" all the way back to the beginning of the game. That is the hallmark of an ineffectual team, not any single person's fault.
I think people here overestimate where we should be.'

This team "should be" 8-6.

They are building to something better.

The idea that they should be better than that? It strikes me as a stretch.

And I agree Matt Patricia is a problem and that Mac Jones isn't the answer, and even given that, they should still be 8-6, even thought the O-line is a shambles, etc.

Look, we could be the 4-9 LA Rams.

We're overestimating where this team should be given where and how it's currently constructed.

We are the biggest clowns in the league lmfao. Went from being a solid 6th seed and having a great comeback against the Raiders. Then backward laterals to an L for no reason. If I was a defensive player on this team I aint risking an injury playing for this sorry team. Sorry, is what it is. They wont win another game

post game it sounds like these players, Andrews and Jones so far, have a serious lack of belief in the coaches and Belichick
No no no, in Bill we trust. Can’t say otherwise around here.

It might help, especially if they can throw more than 13/31/131/0 against a PATHETIC PASS DEFENSE.
Just keep massaging those balls, maybe you'll get something and be rich someday....bah
That's not the point, no ones saying Mac's great or had a great game but to pin that loss on him just shows the agenda you guys have, plenty of blame goes to other coaches and players besides Mac.

Patriots most likely out of the playoffs. If they win all 3 of their next games, they're in, but that's not very likely. If they beat Miami + one of their other two games and Miami loses another game, they're in. That's not crazy unlikely, but I wouldn't count on it.
Trust in Bill brotha, keep the faith!

1 - It was so stupid for Meyers to throw that
2 - Mac could have, and should have, grabbed Jones leg and hung on with all his might.
3 - we would have lost in OT anyway, and everyone knew it.
4 - even if we hung on to beat a horrible Raiders team, we're clearly loosing the final 3 games and missing the playoffs
Bingo

No way Bambino Jones beats Cincinnati and Buffalo.

Def the Meyers throw back but Mac should have pulled him down by the face mask or grabbed his junk taking a penalty to bring down Chandler by any means necessary.

Ok I’ll play

Mac grabs Chandler Jones face mask with 1 hand and vice grips his balls with the other and brings him down

Then gets a 15 yard penalty and raiders kick FG to win, Mac is a dumb piece of **** for not knowing better than to commit a penalty there

Hopefully I’m wrong but I predict that this will be the new norm on this board, even if Mac moves on and they inevitably cut Zappe, any QB we have will forever have factions blaming them when we’re losing

Brady leaving and this team being journeymen now is a disaster for an angry and miserable Boston fanbase

We basically have a bunch of Felgers on this board now and they’ll never go away because we’ll never have another dynasty like we did with Brady

Jacobi already admitted it, no way the coaches called that, the players should be coached better not to be that stupid.
no the coaches ONCE Again called a safe "lets not lose the game" and ended up losing the game.

Throw a ****ing hail mary. Stop playing for overtime.

it burned us tonight
it burned us against green bay

our offensive coaching staff are cowards, and they suck.

Vilma is also the worst color man in teh business.

Bambino Jones does suck.
I don't think he sucks, but he certainly hasn't been good this season. Still I'm tired of hearing people acting like Zappe will solve all the teams problems and every issue with this team goes back to Mac.

And save me Jakobis tears? Wahhhh I feel bad for em, well guess what bud, you deserved it for your absolutely brain dead decision to throw a 30 yard pass backward directly to the other team to ruin the teams chances to make the playoffs.

Look at it this way:

It can't possibly get any worse.

(pause while you all stare blankly back at me in deafeningly silent disagreement)

Seriously, an atmosphere pervades any pro sports team, and in football it's the most intense.

What's missing from the Patriots is direction. Purpose. Which leads to inspiration, determination, full investment. This is a talented team. But aimless.

A ridiculous ending like this can sink a season. Or it can be the turning point when everyone's anger and frustration boils over into united commitment to take command of our destiny, no matter who we play or what happens.

I'm rooting for the latter.

Total clown show. BB pay cut or real explanation of this sh@@ show.

Mac could have, and should have, grabbed Jones leg and hung on with all his might.

"Grabbed" him? Mac got stiff-armed by a 900-pound giraffe. You can't blame him, especially considering it never should've come down to that.

The worst part is the team played well, until they just did, well whatever they did. SMH. See ya guys next September

Patriots most likely out of the playoffs. If they win all 3 of their next games, they're in, but that's not very likely. If they beat Miami + one of their other two games and Miami loses another game, they're in. That's not crazy unlikely, but I wouldn't count on it.
I’d say it’s super unlikely we beat Cincy or Buffalo.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back