PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Raiders beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

You trolls really exposing yourselves after this one. Got idiots actually coming with the "can't laugh at the colts or jets after this" takes

Oh no I can and will.

So someone is a troll because they state the obvious. This play literally lost the game, the fake punt did not. You can laugh at the Jets and Colts all you want, but just know that the laughter directed toward the Patriots is probably a lot louder. This may go down in NFL history as one of the dumbest ways to ever lose a game.

Question:
If they cave and put Zappe in there, and he proceeds to **** the bed like he did in Chicago, will that satisfy the Zappe crowd or will you start blaming the OL and OC, making excuses for him?
if Zappe fails, blame will be on : Patricia, OL, GM, BB, Ras-I-Dowling,Cyrus Jones,Jordan Richards. not necessarily in that order

What a weird argument you're making.

I think stupid play reflects on the coaching. Odd you don't.
sure it reflects but at what point its just the players screwing up ? hunter henry doesnt need to be taught to catch a ball. he is experienced player. MAc jones cant snap the ball when everyone isnt lined up . Trent brown with false starts and cut blocks.
no way absolving the coaching but these players have whined since training camp about change of offense blah blah and now they do whatever they want like the lateral and know poor coaching will be blamed.
Yes meyers accepted responsibility after the game , Its not a big deal to be a standup guy and be accountable when you screw up. What will he say ? he was coached to lateral in a tie game ?
The group of players have no fight . They just get frustrated when they commit their own mistakes . just talk big like - we need to cleanup or we are close. Combine these players with our OC who is scared to call anything useful, we have cluster .....

i really dont like Matt Chatham's analysis because he is always non objective when criticizing coaching or play calls but i doagree with him about the players part here

For 20 years, we’ve been fed the Patriots didn’t beat themselves like other teams because of great coaching. Now, it’s all the players fault. What changed?
Players and coaches all got raided. Name one player who is like edelman or wilfork on this team and leadership wise. These FA pickups are only skilled players not leaders of a team.

1st & 3rd for Tee Higgins. There's your toe tapper, outside threat, true X, red zone help, walking 1st down etc

Go after a tackle in 2nd and later in the draft.

Patricia and Judge are spread too thin. Bring in someone from the outside to hold Mac's hand. I'm sure he has a few names in mind. He's getting a year 3 in all likelihood.

I heard @Kontradiction say we should draft Anthony Richardson. He might be on to something idk.
Thank god you’re not our gm.

So someone is a troll because they state the obvious. This play literally lost the game, the fake punt did not. You can laugh at the Jets and Colts all you want, but just know that the laughter directed toward the Patriots is probably a lot louder. This may go down in NFL history as one of the dumbest ways to ever lose a game.
This is the dumbest play to ever lose a game.

7-7 with three games remaining and a playoff berth still in play.

"Dark times"???

Sheeesh, people.

1st & 3rd for Tee Higgins. There's your toe tapper, outside threat, true X, red zone help, walking 1st down etc

Go after a tackle in 2nd and later in the draft.

Patricia and Judge are spread too thin. Bring in someone from the outside to hold Mac's hand. I'm sure he has a few names in mind. He's getting a year 3 in all likelihood.

I heard @Kontradiction say we should draft Anthony Richardson. He might be on to something idk.
Isn't Higgins a free agent? He's basically what peak Devante Parker is supposed to be.

Game was lost when they failed to score with the ball on the 2 yard line. Way overthought that sequence. Just give the ball to your best player. Run it in. 4 more points on the board. The questionable late TD by Raiders wouldn't have mattered.
What drives me nuts is they didn't want to run the ball on the goal line situation but they called a run at the end of the game when the play call should have been the hail mary pass??!! Makes no sense.

Mac was terrible yesterday but the coaching was worse.

I would kick the tires on TB12 for one more season and a final rodeo and right the wrong that happened 3 seasons ago. Unlikely to happen and Brady also isn't young but I would take TB12's offensive mind anyday over Patricia and Judge.
Yeah and I bet Edelman and even Gronk would come back for the farewell tour.

Nh

If I had Krafts number I would send this to his mobile all day.
Then once he blocked me I would go into cell phone stores and send it from every active phone there.
JE11 want to coach this offense? I won't say no to that.

him saying he thought he saw Mac Jones open does not help his case on any level lol

Mac is not a skill position athlete, even if he was WIDE OPEN he threw the ball backwards like 30 yards expecting our giraffe legged QB to what, break 50 tackles and bring it to the house?

Just dumb.
Wasnt he thinking Mac would pass the ball?

Bill has one more year to right the ship. Gotta be accountable for coaches and your players. Whatever this is it ain’t it. Sometimes it’s just time for a new voice and new ideas. Patricia can’t be on this staff next year

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back