PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats shut out the Phins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was already posted but Brown keeps making life difficult for himself...

Antonio Brown Facing Punishment From NFL After Skipping Mandatory Media Availability Postgame

That makes no sense at all. The media isn't allowed access to anyone in the locker-room who is getting medical treatment.

Personally, this is another case of the media making up a different definition of the rules than what it truly means. To me, it means they have access to all players who are physically present in the locker-room and the HC.

BB is going to be rip michel in the film room for that fumble

Not sure why you think that. It was a great play by Minkah Fitzpatrick when Michel was already tied up..

Not sure why you think that. It was a great play by Minkah Fitzpatrick when Michel was already tied up..

Yeah, I just posted this in the run game thread but he was so severely outnumbered that Miami's defenders had the luxury of going for the ball knowing they had backup to tackle Michel.

Dmac ain't going anywhere

Honestly, they'd probably want at least a 3rd round pick. The problem with getting Williams, besides the money, is that it's unlikely he'd want to be relegated to the Swing Tackle position if/when Cannon and Wynn are healthy.

As for money, only way they could swing it is to do an extension for him and for DMAC.. Something that would lessen Williams' cap hit this year and free up other space..

This is the best defense we had since 2003.
Fixed it for you. Their D wasn’t that great in ‘07. They were old and didn’t have depth like this team does.

Zack Cox

Jamie Collins intercepted Josh Rosen's final pass and ran straight to the locker room. Patriots finish with four interceptions (including two pick-sixes) and seven sacks.

That was a very weird play. Collins goes down and hops back up, untouched, and starts to run with the ball. The refs blow the whistles, I think just to get the game over with and everyone off the field. Or maybe they were embarrassed for the Phins, and couldn't stand the idea of a third pick six? But really, what were they doing?

Fixed it for you. Their D wasn’t that great in ‘07. They were old and didn’t have depth like this team does.
Let's not forget the 2004 defense..
That being said, this team has so much potencial, we are discussing if he can be better than the 07 offense and the 03/04 defense at the same time

Gost struggles for past several years is worrisome....especially when it comes down to a “vinateri” kick to win a SB....he is very shaky and lucky BB is his coach ....any other coach would probably have cut him by now.....BB even worked around him in playoff games and SB games because of concerns he wouldn’t make kicks...who does that?!

The Super Bowl winning coach.

That being said, this team has so much potencial, we are discussing if he can be better than the 07 offense and the 03/04 defense at the same time

There was a post earlier that showed that the best BB defense allowed 238 points during a season.. This defense is playing extremely well and could do better than that.

Well I guess the Antonio Brown push off was huge according to Football night in America. By tomorrow it will be the worst one in NFL history.

I just realized I don't think I have seen Gordon interviewed before. After reading his story, he is nothing like I expected. Comes across as a very likeable kid, hope it works out for him.

That's a sick thought...

Least competitive game I’ve ever seen.

I was fortunate in 2007 to get tickets to the Patriots away game in Miami. Brady threw 6, yes, 6 touchdown passes and Moss was stupendous. Miami, on the other hand, was able to score 29 points, but the game itself was not the least bit competitive from the opening kickoff. Until today that game stood in my mind as the least competitive Patriots/Dolphins game I had witnessed. But today's game certainly topped it.

And if memory serves me, the then Dolphins QB was named Cleo Lemon. And speaking of lemons, the Dolphins overall performance was a 'lemon'. I had a great seat about 14 rows back from the field behind the PATS bench and had a helluva time. Play of the day was Moss leaping up and catching a long pass in the end zone sandwiched between two defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes