PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats shut out the Phins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that chart is that, IMHO, it's not accurate because they roll the 50 yarders in with the 40+ as if they are the same difficulty.

Also, not sure if Hill's numbers include Post-Season since the % don't match up with the stats the NFL has..

Stephen Gostkowski Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Stephen Gostkowski: Career Stats at NFL.com

Regular season (NFL doesn't include Post Season in Career stats on player pages)
2016 - 40-49 = 9/10 50+ = 2/4 11/14 = 78.6%
2017 - 40-49 = 8/11 50+ = 4/4 12/15 = 80%
2018 - 40-49 = 4/6 50+ = 2/5 6/11 = 54% <------ minor concern.

2018 Missed 40+ FGs :
54 yard against JAX
50 yard against BUF
52 yd against TEN
48 yd against MIN
42 yd against MIA
*46 yd against LAR

* - missed in SB.

of the 6 Missed 40+ yd FGs, only the 42 yarder should have been a gimmie, though it was in MIAMI where Gostkowski has had issues since 2011.

Missed FGs in Miami for Gost:
2011 - Missed 48 yd FG
2012 - Missed 49 yd FG
2013 - Missed 48 yd FG
2014 - No Misses
2015 - Missed 46 yd FG
2016 - Missed 52 yd FG
2017 - no misses
2018 - Missed 42 yd FG
2019 - Missed 48 yd FG
I wonder if this will affect decisions about long FGs in the SuperBowl?

I wonder if this will affect decisions about long FGs in the SuperBowl?

I have a feeling that there won't be a college football game 24h before the SB on the very same field. So conditions will be completely different.

He should have stopped at "small sample size". Meaning and pointless graph with respect to 2019.

Also a pretty weird choice to make a cut off at 40+ instead of the normal 50+ range. Makes one wonder..

Yeah.. That is weird if he ignored 50+.. I thought he rolled them into the 40+ grouping..

I have a feeling that there won't be a college football game 24h before the SB on the very same field. So conditions will be completely different.
Is that what happened in SB42 when Belichick went for it on 4th and long, inside of FG range? Or are you talking about a different game?

Is that what happened in SB42 when Belichick went for it on 4th and long, inside of FG range? Or are you talking about a different game?
Different circumstances...Bill went for the 1st down on 4th/13 during SB42 not because of poor field conditions, but because he didn't really trust his 2nd-year Place-Kicker to make a 49-yard FG after he shanked the KO following the Pats TD early in the 2nd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back