PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
No. Hightower and Dmac weren't drafted by Floyd Reese. They were drafted by Belichick / Caserio. Just goes to show you continue to lie and make things up.

Caserio was the Director of Player Personnel from 2008-2020. Floyd Reese was just a senior Advisor from 2009-2012. Reese worked on Contracts primarily.

The fact that you are so wrong, ALL THE TIME, says your just a troll posting garbage because you want attention.

Caserio was here. He was here when they sucked at drafting 2005-2008. And was here when Reese and O'Brien were here from 2009-2012. And Caserio was also here when they sucked at drafting 2013-2019. Caserio was basically a neutral helper. Pats sucked at drafting 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 exactly coinciding with caserio and his college roommate being here

Yeah I am not getting this Great talk either. On that other board they were comparing him to Peyton manning. No joke. He has been ok. Compared to other rookies, he has been good, compared to all other QB's he has been bottom half of the league.

Bottom half of the league? ROFLMAO. No. He hasn't. Your statement if beyond ridiculous and has ZERO foundation in reality.

Yeah, I mean it is what it is. He is being used safely. Make high pct passes, dont turn the ball over. Will it work against some of the better teams? probably not, but it will work against the jets and texans and that is enough for now.
Or going to the bag of tricks like playing wildcat instead of asking your rookie QB that supposedly is “great” to go out there punch your opponent in the mouth straight up and score.

Bottom half of the league? ROFLMAO. No. He hasn't. Your statement if beyond ridiculous and has ZERO foundation in reality.

What has no foundation in reality is you claiming before with a straight face that NKeal Harry is good and also that the Patriots are good at drafting WRs.

Any examples would come from 2001-2004 and 2009-2012 which again came from front office people not from ohio

Last edited:
Entering this week Jones was bottom half of the league in yards, bottom third in TD, yards per attempt and passer rating and he hasn’t played a lot of great defenses yet.

Last edited:
Belichick told us where Mac really is last Sunday night by deciding a low percentage FG with lots of time left on the clock in an emotional game he was trying to win badly was a better option than 4th and 3 against a reeling defense.

And that’s all right. But the reins have to come off sometime. We need to find out what we have.
4th and 3 against a defense that is looking to make a game-winning stand.

I thought that someone posted that the FG was like 35% and the pass on 4th and 3 was like 15%.

Wait, did he play RT? They had him listed as LT to start the game. I didn't get a good look at the numbers on my stream.

He was playing RT. Maybe it was because he can stay there for the next three games as well (for continuity).

You're the idiot who doesn't even know who was here when the picks you mentioned got drafted.
You're the idiot claiming Reese made draft picks when he was primarily the contract guy.. You're also the one who is claiming that Caserio wasn't the one making final player decisions with Belichick in the draft rooms from 2009-2012.

Harris better get his act together. The fumbling has to stop. He needs a kick in the butt.
Yeah….amazing talent but that fumbling crap especially in big situations is very problematic….

4th and 3 against a defense that is looking to make a game-winning stand.

I thought that someone posted that the FG was like 35% and the pass on 4th and 3 was like 15%.
That’s all the more reason to tell your rookie QB to go for it. He’s “great” right? Let’s see what you got rook.
Instead BB did something different. Looks like BB has a different opinion of where Mac is right now.

Justin Herbert through 5 games in 2020 was a lot closer to ”great in the first 5 games of his NFL life” than Mac is right now.

Saying Mac has been great is a reach unless your expectations were low.
Justin Herbert through 5 games was 1-4.
I wasn’t aware great was exclusive to one person

That’s all the more reason to tell your rookie QB to go for it. He’s “great” right? Let’s see what you got rook.
Instead BB did something different. Looks like BB has a different opinion of where Mac is right now.
That decision has nothing do with his evaluation of the QB.

Justin Herbert through 5 games was 1-4.
I wasn’t aware great was exclusive to one person
Wins and losses are a team stat not a QB stat.
Herbert had a 12:3 TD INT ratio and a 108 rating. Mac is nowhere near that. Herbert also threw for 300+ yards 3 times out of 5. Yes, great.

That decision has nothing do with his evaluation of the QB.
Sure it does. Think BB or Josh or whoever made that decision still elects to kick the low percentage FG if they still had Brady? I don’t.

You're the idiot claiming Reese made draft picks when he was primarily the contract guy.. You're also the one who is claiming that Caserio wasn't the one making final player decisions with Belichick in the draft rooms from 2009-2012.

Haha. Reese only did contracts???

You are delusional.

Reese (and O'Brien) was the reason the Pats hit big from 2009-2012 with DMac, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Patrick Chung, Gronk, Edelman, and pre-crime Hernandez.

zero coincidence the Pats sucked at drafting during 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 before and after Reese/O'Brien.

Last edited:
What is considered competitive? I mean I am not even sure they have played a good defense yet.
I’d consider competitive to be a win or a loss by one score or less.

Pats have played five games, won two and lost one by one point and another by two points. I’d say they were competitive in all those games.

wouldn't you?

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I'll disagree with others, just on the eye test - don't think Mac played all that well today, compared to other games. If the Texan DBs could catch, he'd have had like 5 picks. Credit for Lovey Smith - I think he had Mac fooled a lot.

I want Cajuste to stick around - He's better than their #3 and 4OTs.

Things to learn. Move forward. They really needed a W here. Next week, we'll have to unleash Stevenson and Taylor, I think. Harris got wrecked.
I think Mac played well today but in trying to press and make something happen did he make some really bad throws?! Yes he did . But this is a rookie that has looked very mature, poised and efficient this season…..I am very high on Mac Jones going forward

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back