PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Haha. Reese only did contracts???

You are delusional.

Reese (and O'Brien) was the reason the Pats hit big from 2009-2012 with DMac, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Gronk, Edelman, and pre-crime Hernandez.

zero coincidence the Pats sucked at drafting during 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 before and after Reese/O'Brien.

I know right? Reese, who built some talented teams in Tennessee, was only brought in for “contracts”? You have to be really naive to think Bill didn’t get his feedback on players or what direction to go in the draft.

He was brought in as a Pioli replacement who got the GM job in KC.

Houston is absolutely dreadful so other than the W, I can't see taking much from else this game. Both Hightower and McCourty's salaries come off the books next year. Both of them have been less than optimal so far this year. Can they play better as the season progresses? I sure hope so.
Nice seeing both the Fish and Jest bottom feeding the division after todays games.

You're the idiot who doesn't even know who was here when the picks you mentioned got drafted.
Your main argument was that one of them was undrafted and BB can't draft. Just stop. You sound like a fan in a Jacksonville board

Your main argument was that one of them was undrafted and BB can't draft. Just stop. You sound like a fan in a Jacksonville board

Oh the moron is back. Why are you pretending you didn't just cite McCourty and Hightower as examples of good drafting. Guys from... a decade ago. You're not even a smart homer, just a schill but really bad at it.

Entering this week Jones was bottom half of the league in yards, bottom third in TD, yards per attempt and passer rating
Gotta love how you have to spin things to denigrate the kid.

Jones was 18th in the league. A whopping 42 yards behind Ryan Tannehill.

Passer rating? ROLFMAO. That and QBR are garbage stats that have no bearing on reality. Brady had a worse "passer rating" against the Patriots than Jones against the Bucs.. Proof that the stat is worthless.

Yards per attempt is how statheads put down QBs they don't like.

I'm not saying he's been great or a world-beater. But he's not been a "bottom-half of the league" QB either. In fact, with the exception of his 3 int game, he's put the Pats in position to win 2 of the 3 losses. Which is what you want out of your QB.

After spending $160M in the off-season, I expected more from this team. IMO the record should be 4-1 instead of a weak 2-3. IMO only Mac Jones is delivering on the field that includes the coaches. The OL is terrible. The DL is getting better but should never have been so bad. Tackling is bad. Dropping the ball and fumbling is inexcusable. TE's are not worth the money as if yet. The running game is nothing to speak about. After $160 M they are a bottom dwelling team. Cam Neely should have been dumped earlier in training and replaced for a future backup. I was surprised he was brought back in the first place. Mac Jones, should be disappointed to be with the Pats but then he might not be playing elsewhere so he is frustrated and happy. He is setting himself up for his future. Pats are lucky to be in the AFL and in the AFL East with a 2-3 record that only has 1 professional NFL team, the Buffalo Bills.

Houston is absolutely dreadful so other than the W, I can't see taking much from else this game. Both Hightower and McCourty's salaries come off the books next year. Both of them have been less than optimal so far this year. Can they play better as the season progresses? I sure hope so.
Nice seeing both the Fish and Jest bottom feeding the division after todays games.
Hightower played well today, imho. DMac has played decently this year up to this game. I think he benefitted from having Bentley back.

I haven't see it the way you have.

That decision has nothing do with his evaluation of the QB.
The fact that Mac was tge starting QB against the defending SB champs who just happen to have the the QB (GOAT) who played here for 20 years tells me what BB thinks of him. Oh and BTW if I remember correctly Mac lead the drive that put us in FG range. Just my 2 cents

Haha. Reese only did contracts???

You are delusional.

Reese (and O'Brien) was the reason the Pats hit big from 2009-2012 with DMac, Hightower, Chandler Jones, Patrick Chung, Gronk, Edelman, and pre-crime Hernandez.

zero coincidence the Pats sucked at drafting during 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 before and after Reese/O'Brien.

So your theory is the Pats had subpar drafting for most of the 20 year dynasty run. Had top 10 defenses and offenses more times than I can count on two hands, and the only reason they won 6 superbowls, 9 appearances, and had what 14 AFC championship appearances? Was because Brady elevated the team on both sides of the ball that much?

After spending $160M in the off-season, I expected more from this team. IMO the record should be 4-1 instead of a weak 2-3. IMO only Mac Jones is delivering on the field that includes the coaches. The OL is terrible. The DL is getting better but should never have been so bad. Tackling is bad. Dropping the ball and fumbling is inexcusable. TE's are not worth the money as if yet. The running game is nothing to speak about. After $160 M they are a bottom dwelling team. Cam Neely should have been dumped earlier in training and replaced for a future backup. I was surprised he was brought back in the first place. Mac Jones, should be disappointed to be with the Pats but then he might not be playing elsewhere so he is frustrated and happy. He is setting himself up for his future. Pats are lucky to be in the AFL and in the AFL East with a 2-3 record that only has 1 professional NFL team, the Buffalo Bills.

Well done. Right down to "AFL", great satire.

That’s all the more reason to tell your rookie QB to go for it. He’s “great” right? Let’s see what you got rook.
Instead BB did something different. Looks like BB has a different opinion of where Mac is right now.

Gotta love you putting words in people's mouths... Too bad I never said Mac was "great". I called out the BS idea that he's a bottom half of the league QB that you and others are trying to push..

And going for it when it's a 15% chance compared to the 35% chance makes ZERO sense.

I'm not saying he's been great
Then why did you mark my post above with a disagree when I said it's a stretch to say he's been "great"? It's not wrong to say a bunch of his stats are bottom half of the league right now because well they are.

Sure it does. Think BB or Josh or whoever made that decision still elects to kick the low percentage FG if they still had Brady? I don’t.
They decided to have the kicker who made 33 straight try to give them the lead.

Gotta love you putting words in people's mouths... Too bad I never said Mac was "great". I called out the BS idea that he's a bottom half of the league QB that you and others are trying to push..

And going for it when it's a 15% chance compared to the 35% chance makes ZERO sense.
See above.

Also percentages like those are worthless in football they don't talk about game situation, team situation and so on.

Either Belichick made a really awful decision not to go for it, or he didn't trust his QB. BB is a good coach so I'll go with the latter, it's the only one that makes logical sense.

They decided to have the kicker who made 33 straight try to give them the lead.
If Brady was here they would have gone for it, no doubt at all. And he makes it too.

Wins and losses are a team stat not a QB stat.
Herbert had a 12:3 TD INT ratio and a 108 rating. Mac is nowhere near that. Herbert also threw for 300+ yards 3 times out of 5. Yes, great.
The reason you play is to win. Stats accumulated while losing don’t mean much.
But if stats are your think, great, I prefer players to win games

If Brady was here they would have gone for it, no doubt at all. And he makes it too.
Nope, but quite a rift, GOAT or suck

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back