PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
If they were THAT high on Bolden, I'd have released Taylor. I know that Fears likes him, but he just hasn't produced much when given the opportunity. And he's a liability in pass-pro.

You don't keep Taylor over Michel when Taylor hasn't proven anything. And then they could have brought Stevenson along, working on his pass pro and not running into the backs of his o-linemen.

That was MY thinking prior to the trade. A trade I didn't like.

Now, they are down to 3 healthy RBs in Stevenson, Taylor, and Bolden. None of which really WOW me..
Agree on taylor, if BB wanted to keep sony he would have found a way to do it. I thought is a bad move because harris has spent a lot of time on the injured list

Last edited:
The main take away. Mac wasn't perfect, but he led the team on a double digit comeback, which is something i wanted to see him do. While he wasn't the driving force behind any single play or series from start to end, he had this consistent chip away thing going and was able to lean and apply pressure. The main weakness i see right now are the gotta have it plays. He just can't seem to close on them yet. That is why this comeback felt lack luster at times. He needs to hit those long 3rd downs and those tight end zone windows on occasion. That to me is the next step for him after what he showed today.

Agree.
How soon we forget
Three SB in a row
0ne year reset.
Nobody does either. Nobody has ever done both.

Teams get lucky, hit 1 SB, Most of course, never get there
KC, Sea, lost #2, proceeded to The Long Fade
Seattle is ready revisit lynching.
Not Marshawn, the hanging kind.

Atl is Still fallen and I can't get up, from 28-3

Here?
BB fields another competitive team
Will be in every game
With a chance to win
Turn Off Your Radio,, please
Thank You.

This is a good poem. Kind of a Langston Hughes style.

I’ll rephrase the question:

Why did Bill keep Bolden over Michel?

I already know the answer and one many people don’t agree with.

Because someone has to play special teams too

And he was able to get something in return for Sony

Yep, the good old “special teams” argument.

Yeah he wasn't scheduled to make a king's ransom, but he'd be a FA next year. Bolden was among the most likely guys to stick because of ST, and because we have to make sure we have guys at the Brandon position (however "Brandon" is being spelled.)

“Great” is considering he is a rookie in the first 5 games of his nfl life.
Justin Herbert through 5 games in 2020 was a lot closer to ”great in the first 5 games of his NFL life” than Mac is right now.

Saying Mac has been great is a reach unless your expectations were low.

Justin Herbert through 5 games in 2020 was a lot closer to ”great in the first 5 games of his NFL life” than Mac is right now.

Saying Mac has been great is a reach unless your expectations were low.
Yeah I am not getting this Great talk either. On that other board they were comparing him to Peyton manning. No joke. He has been ok. Compared to other rookies, he has been good, compared to all other QB's he has been bottom half of the league.

JC Jackson was undrafted like Meyers. Hightower and DMac were both drafted by Reese when john carroll idiots weren't here making decisions. The Pats continue to suck at drafting CB/WR and have been especially crappy from 2013-2019 drafts with too many people from ohio involved in front office decisions.
Lol, stop being intentionally stupid

To be fair, it's a real stretch calling that one a punt play... it wasn't even actually the punter under center (McAfee was off near the sideline somewhere). It was a gunner. Just an all around (hilarious) debacle of a play.
McAffee explained that play on his show.

Yeah I am not getting this Great talk either. On that other board they were comparing him to Peyton manning. No joke. He has been ok. Compared to other rookies, he has been good, compared to all other QB's he has been bottom half of the league.
Belichick told us where Mac really is last Sunday night by deciding a low percentage FG with lots of time left on the clock in an emotional game he was trying to win badly was a better option than 4th and 3 against a reeling defense.

And that’s all right. But the reins have to come off sometime. We need to find out what we have.

Why so sour? Tampa won today!
Yeah I forgot, if you say anything bad about the Pats, you are a tampa fan. Its sunshine, rainbows and kitty farts, woot we are 2-3 and gutted out a win over the worst team in football. Time for celebration. Where are the duck boats.

Belichick told us where Mac is last Sunday night by deciding a low percentage FG with lots of time left on the clock in an emotional game he was trying to win badly was a better option than 4th and 3 against a reeling defense.

And that’s all right. But the reins have to come off sometime. We need to find out what we have.
Yeah, I mean it is what it is. He is being used safely. Make high pct passes, dont turn the ball over. Will it work against some of the better teams? probably not, but it will work against the jets and texans and that is enough for now.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
JC Jackson was undrafted like Meyers. Hightower and DMac were both drafted by Reese when john carroll idiots weren't here making decisions. The Pats continue to suck at drafting CB/WR and have been especially crappy from 2013-2019 drafts with too many people from ohio involved in front office decisions.
No. Hightower and Dmac weren't drafted by Floyd Reese. They were drafted by Belichick / Caserio. Just goes to show you continue to lie and make things up.

Caserio was the Director of Player Personnel from 2008-2020. Floyd Reese was just a senior Advisor from 2009-2012. Reese worked on Contracts primarily.

The fact that you are so wrong, ALL THE TIME, says your just a troll posting garbage because you want attention.

BTW, Just because Jackson and Meyers were undrafted doesn't mean that the Patriots didn't have them on their boards. Just that there were questions that kept them from being higher OR that the draft broke in a different way such that there were other players taken ahead of them that teams felt better about.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back