PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Steelers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Voted a captain by his teammates, too. As was Bentley. So who do you think knows more about their performance, our expert football scholars here or their teammates?

Unless he has a season the likes of which he has never had before, then Dee Wise is Still over-paid.

And what the **** exactly did JaWrong do that didn't involve sucking?

I am not sure Mac locked onto Myers. That is the obvious take, but if you watch the film, the OLine was pushed back into Mac's face. Mac is 6'2"+ so if the linemen are pushed back in his face, he will not see over them. LJ Humphrey may not have been Mac's first read and by the time Mac tried to find his 2nd or 3rd read, he could not see anything (and then scrambled and dumped off the ball). Look at the film again slowly.

Stop making excuses for our bottom-third QB... His vision & decision-making ain't cutting the mustard.

Bengals have better talent then us all over the field (prob not off and def line) and most importantly at the qb. There coach is an absolute joke however but there playoff run was similar to that of the 85 patriots a lot of lucky bounces.

Yep, and if the Titties had almost any QB in the world Not named Tannyhill, they win that game...easily.

Yep... It is Un-****ing-acceptable that the former pre-teen model missed somebody that wide ****ing open.

As of today, we have a starting QB who Sucks.
Those 2 were the only ones I noticed when watching All 22. All QB's are going to miss some open players...you know that. As far as we know he was told to throw to someone else. Our rookie QB helped bring us to the playoffs last year. Lets see what happens this year.

We need to give him some time.

I see much more football acumen in him than there ever was with Eason or Bledsoe.
IF Mac was like Bledsoe even thought he had his flaws I would be very happy I don't think he is. Bledsoe was a decent to good QB Mac right now is average maybe closer to below. Mac is closer to the bottom until he proves otherwise.

After Tom Brady left I changed my expectations for the team. Before I watched games and only cared about the wins and the losses, since Tom left I watch the games and hope for improvement.

There are a bunch of people with negative things to say about the team after their first win. I'm not sure how you could enjoy watching the games if perfection is the only thing you appreciate.

Mac looked better in game two than he did in game one of this season, the team looked better in game two than they did in game one. If you can't appreciate that improvement you are going to be complaining after every game all season long, win or lose. If the team looks better in game three than they did in game two that would be great but it seems like a lot of people on here would only be satisfied if the Pats blew out the Ravens and that's simply being unrealistic with your expectations.

After Tom Brady left I changed my expectations for the team. Before I watched games and only cared about the wins and the losses, since Tom left I watch the games and hope for improvement.

There are a bunch of people with negative things to say about the team after their first win. I'm not sure how you could enjoy watching the games if perfection is the only thing you appreciate.

Mac looked better in game two than he did in game one of this season, the team looked better in game two than they did in game one. If you can't appreciate that improvement you are going to be complaining after every game all season long, win or lose. If the team looks better in game three than they did in game two that would be great but it seems like a lot of people on here would only be satisfied if the Pats blew out the Ravens and that's simply being unrealistic with your expectations.
I expected a very ugly, grind-it-out type of win in which turnovers would eventually tilt the game our way, and that’s pretty much what we got. So, in that vein, I’m not disappointed. I think that disappointment you’re seeing is basically just hope that we can stay contenders when people can recognize that we’re probably the third best team in the division right now. But it’s only Week 2 and a win is a win.

If you can't appreciate that improvement you are going to be complaining after every game all season long, win or lose.
Complaining after everything is a God-given natural right here at PatsFans. It's in their Constitution, by-laws, and I think even on the decorative napkins when they host dinner parties.

The screen passes to Jonnu Smith are getting old even the Ray Charles can see that. Time to come up with a new play package for Jonnu.
He did great when he got the ball in his hands week 1. Created significant extra yardage both times.
We have an offense where there are like 9 guys who you would think need the ball. No need to trash whoever doesn’t see a lot of targets every week. Doesn’t mean they did something wrong

Great pick up block by Strange:

Great blocking by the entire OL there... Squealers tried stunts at both ends, but Wynn/Onwenu & Brown/Strange each played them perfectly...

Gotta admit that not having to face TJ Watt didn't hurt, to say the least...

Please 8-pound 6-ounce Baby Jesus with the golden fleece diapers... Keep all 5 of these guys healthy all year long...

He did great when he got the ball in his hands week 1. Created significant extra yardage both times.
We have an offense where there are like 9 guys who you would think need the ball. No need to trash whoever doesn’t see a lot of targets every week. Doesn’t mean they did something wrong

It's not the TEs or #FreeKendrick who've done wrong; it's the play-caller & QB who've done it.

Great blocking by the entire OL there... Squealers tried stunts at both ends, but Wynn/Onwenu & Brown/Strange each played them perfectly...

Gotta admit that not having to face TJ Watt didn't hurt, to say the least...

Please 8-pound 6-ounce Baby Jesus with the golden fleece diapers... Keep all 5 of these guys healthy all year long...
There's talent along the O-line, that's what was so puzzling this summer. All are pretty good run blockers, especially Brown, Wynn and Onwenu. Hoping they will round into form and play at a high level going forward.

The captains aren't just who the team considers their 6 best players. It's the 6 best leaders.
Of course, but players are not going to vote as captains teammates they don't respect as players let alone expect to be cut. Those here who continue to trash Wise and Bentley are way out of line with the team consensus opinion.

Last edited:
Great pick up block by Strange:

Bedard has devoted the past 24 hours going on about how he sucked, well he didn't suck but he wasn't GOOD and he didn't really play against Cam Heyward and PFF thought he was terrible. Had him as one of his Five Down.

It's not the TEs or #FreeKendrick who've done wrong; it's the play-caller & QB who've done it.
There’s really no scenario where you have this many guys that are either talented or heavy $ investments and everyone gets enough targets every week for people to feel like each guy is producing enough. Unless Mac is throwing for 500 yards a game, it’s just not going to happen.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back