PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Steelers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I can't believe Parker was out there for 54 snaps and was a non-factor. Bourne had multiple big plays (though a couple were taken away by ticky-tack penalties) on 22 snaps.
Retweet

Ugly but I'll take it. Tight ends seem to have disappeared again - was it one target each, both incomplete? Defence was stout and other than the 3rd and 17 and the TD drive, played well. Offence feels very vanilla and hopefully the playbook gets a bit more expansive down the road.

I can't believe Parker was out there for 54 snaps and was a non-factor. Bourne had multiple big plays (though a couple were taken away by ticky-tack penalties) on 22 snaps.
Not sure Parker knows the PB, he's not a factor at all.

Hell this team picked Burrow 4 times last week. They have a capable defense. Getting out of the first 2 at 1-1 is fine.

Agreed.

My reactions:

#1: I saw the OL give Mac plenty of pass protection last week. I saw them give him even more this week. The OL was on track to get an A+ from me but they did have 3 false starts. That being said, we're seeing a transition from the run blocking OL of the last 4 years to a pass protection unit. I'm glad to see it. There is no more mystery as to what they were dong with this OL in terms of personnel.

#2: Agree with Ashley--all our receivers had good games except for Parker. Meyers is an unsung MVP.

#3: the D was strong against the run, and they did what we expect. Glad to see Peppers get in there but I'm worried about Dugger's knee. He's our X-Factor.

#4: What in the world on those 2 holding calls late in the game? Both negated big first downs. Andrews sat on his guy, not a hold. And how does a back judge throw a flag on Meyers when there's a ref 2 feet away with his eyes trained on Meyers? Ridiculous.

#5: Matt Patricia has gotten a lot of the focus early, but I'm training my eyes on Joe Judge from here on. Mac badly needs a QB coach. His mechanics are horrible. When he maintains his mechanics and steps into the throw, it's a nice ball, good velocity, accurate. So often he's throwing off his back foot, with his shoulders square to the goalposts. He has ridiculously bad mechanics. This is now a major concern.

Mac is just a second year player, so I trust he will get there. He's still in the growth stage.

I’ll take it
Ram down their throat to end it when they knew the pats were 100 run

Good showing from the OL vs. Heyward & Highsmith. WRs got open today. QB play & play calling have to improve. If they can get to 2-2 with Thornton returning & the schedule opening up that would be big.

By the way, the defensive performance last week is looking better. Tyreek & Waddle are going to be a problem.
I wrote about Tyreek and Waddle last week before our game. They are the two most electric receivers in football. Teams can't account for both of them yet.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back