PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

View attachment 46066

Zappe looks left for a second here and Thornton's 1st NFL catch might have been a TD

It was a tampa-2 zone (Detroit played a lot of that), so there was certainly a safety over the top of Thornton. Whether or not Zappe could've fit it in there, tough to say. Need to see a wider shot.

Great game all around really proud of the way Zappe played. Judon might be pushing for Defensive player of the year with his play. Stevens well is a Beast! run the ball effectively play tough Defense...you have winning chance against any NFL Team. That said what's with Agholor and Bourne?? Agholor has become a fumble machine and Bourne I am now convinced is an Idiot Yelling at BB really?? Glad TThornton is back one of the Bourne Agholor should not be dressed. I have gut feeling the hot Bourne will either be cut or Traded. Let's keep this train rolling.

View attachment 46066

Zappe looks left for a second here and Thornton's 1st NFL catch might have been a TD
Agholor and maybe Bourne If he's not cut or Traded will be seeing Thornton catching a lot of TD's at their expense.

It was a tampa-2 zone (Detroit played a lot of that), so there was certainly a safety over the top of Thornton. Whether or not Zappe could've fit it in there, tough to say. Need to see a wider shot.
Was just about to post that - The safety Elliott (5) was covering him. Zappe did take a brief peek, but didn't want to risk it, I'm guessing.

The two biggest pleasant surprises this season:

EDGE - was Judon out of gas? Who's EDGE #2? Who's EDGE #3?

Judon has regained his form from the first half of last season as one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, Wise has gone from a rotational piece to a starting caliber EDGE & Uche is coming on as a sub rusher.

CB - Who's CB1? Who's outside CB2?

Jonathan Jones showed he's a CB1 that was playing the slot because he was behind Gilmore & Jackson. Jack Jones is in contention for DROY & Mills will soon be an underrated CB3 rather than an overmatched CB1 we thought he was entering the season.

These groups could've been the weakest parts of the team & they've gone the other way. The defense is missing a LB or two but other than that is in pretty good shape IMO.

Jack Jones looks like he's well on his to becoming a Shut down CB what a Steal. Pretty soon baring injuries he'll shut his side of the field down.

It brought back memories being at the game and seeing those uniforms.

Great effort by the team.
Shoutout to the 4th down defense.
Great Weather.

Have teams gotten out control with going for it on 4th down? If I remember correctly the Lions had one scenario, it was the second quarter, down 6-0 and it was 4th and 9 and they went for it, that was the sack for a fumble picked up for a touchdown.
They have a field goal kicker they don't trust. That's why they went for it on 4th down so much

Judon is our best player and I'm not sure how close the next player is.
Bill said Godchaux is one of the best DL in the league, so he'd be #2.

4. Meyers is the #1 WR, and has been for the last 3 years, just get used to it.

If Meyers is our #1 receiver we're in big trouble. He'd make a good #3 on most rosters but is not #1 WR material. You do realize that he has a total of 3 receiving touchdowns in 4 seasons in the NFL, don't you?

This is why the Patriots traded for Parker and gambled a high 2nd round pick on Thornton, they know they need to upgrade the WR position. Whether Parker or Thornton will pan out is yet to be seen, but they both offer way higher upside than Meyers if they work out.

Perhaps the clowns that keep burying Jacoby Meyers can begin to recognize how important he is to this offense.

I guess you could say the same for the people who wanted Hoyer over Zappe.

Meyers had a real good game yesterday, but with his 1st touchdown of the season.
He now has 4 touchdowns in 3 seasons, so
Let’s not put him in Canton just yet.

He is a solid complimentary player, but we
Need him to get into the endzone like he did today.

I think our top 3 on defense are Judon, Dugger, Barmore.
The way Barmore is double-teamed every down is making a huge impact on the rest of the defensive front. While the stat lines and pundits don't really recognize this, you know BB does. 4 on 5 becomes 3 on 3 - and that becomes Oh, no! Judon is not going to be isolated that easily!

Of course, the Lion's response was "Hey - put Hock on him all alone. That'll do it!"

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back