PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Maybe that was the problem why he was in the doghouse before.
Can't be. It has to be that Patricia is a sanctimonious jerk that knows absolutely nothing about football and is sidelining him 100% purely for spite. Right? There's never two sides to every story and we fans see everything going on every minute of every day at the Patriots facility. At least that's what reading these fora tell me each and every day.

Yeah not much to complain about today. Holding a NFl team to 0 points is never easy.

Holding the NFL's #1 offense to 0 points is much harder. and 0/5 on 4th downs hasn't been accomplished in what.. 35 years?

We started seeing this D gel in Green Bay. They wouldn't throw in the towel against an explosive offense. Reminds me of what happened in KC a few years ago- the D got thoroughly embarrassed but wouldn't quit.

Yeah not much to complain about today. Holding a NFl team to 0 points is never easy.

Holding the NFL's #1 offense to 0 points is much harder. and 0/5 on 4th downs hasn't been accomplished in what.. 35 years?

We started seeing this D gel in Green Bay. They wouldn't throw in the towel against an explosive offense. Reminds me of what happened in KC a few years ago- the D got thoroughly embarrassed but wouldn't quit.

Reading some of the OTT Zappe posts reminds me that there were actually people who wanted us to trade Brady and stick with Matt Cassel.

The fact that we need to manage our first round pick in his 2nd year like we manage a 4th round pick in his first start is not a good look for Mac.

Having said that, I completely agree with you.
I vividly remember Brady's second year when they opened up throwing the ball. Mac is not there plus the line was in shambles. All we can hope is he gets healthy and he continues to grow

Reading some of the OTT Zappe posts reminds me that there were actually people who wanted us to trade Brady and stick with Matt Cassel.
On the topic of over-the-top takes, how does second year Mac Jones potentially losing his job to Bailey Zappe compare to 3-time Super Bowl champion, Tom Brady, entering his 9th season in the NFL, losing his job to Matt Cassel? :whistle:

On the topic of over-the-top takes, how does second year Mac Jones potentially losing his job to Bailey Zappe compare to 3-time Super Bowl champion, Tom Brady, entering his 9th season in the NFL, losing his job to Matt Cassel? :whistle:
Didn't say it compared. I said it reminded me.

Dont rush back.
Right. 12 games left. Zappe is getting valuable in game experience and holding serve but we need Jones at 100 percent if we have any hope of making the playoffs

Didn’t read all the threads but what was with Bourne? We all want him in there playing,gets his chance and he gets a penalty and then picks a fight with Bellickick on the sidelines after getting yelled at. Maybe that was the problem why he was in the doghouse before.
Getting one penalty is not good but we can let it go, getting two same penalty is being dumb.

Checking in on the stock level on who should be fired/benched/cut?
Depends on how much cap space we have but I think IR is also a possibility. IR Harris, wait for Hoyer to out of protocol and cut him, Humphreys can also be waived.

Getting one penalty is not good but we can let it go, getting two same penalty is being dumb.
One penalty was illegal formation - I think he started moving forward in motion - I don't remember the last time I saw that called on someone. Other was a false start. Frustrating for everyone, I'm sure.

One penalty was illegal formation - I think he started moving forward in motion - I don't remember the last time I saw that called on someone. Other was a false start. Frustrating for everyone, I'm sure.
Bourne was one of the few bad spots yesterday. He had more penalties than catches. Maybe the coaches do know what is going on, they sure look better after the game yesterday.

Your wish is my command
Can I have a billion dollars? :haha:
Bad Boy Reaction GIF

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference