PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

People say comparisons to Brady’s situation with Zappe are silly, but are they really? Brady wasn’t the GOAT we know today 20 years ago. He just played smart, tried to find the open guy, limited his own mistakes and had decent pocket awareness. Saw Zappe do all of that today. I like Mac Jones a lot, but he has been lacking in most of those areas this season.
I actually liked Zappe more than Mac in preseason . Not sure why everyone were so down on him . For now keep playing zappe and see how long the hot hand lasts .

Yall just need to let them develop into their own player and stop the comparisons to TB. There won't be another Tom Brady and that's okay. Jones or Zappe can be the next big thing who knows
Did you… read my post?

In good news - it seems the Dolphins are wrecked for a couple weeks anyway. Not that I'm happy Tua & Teddy got concussions, but wow - look at what happens to other teams when their 3rd string QB has to play. So, we play the Jets twice in a few weeks coming up, and by then if all goes good we could be passing both into 2nd behind the Bills.

Teddy passed his concussion test but wasn't allowed back in the game because NFL is led by a reactionary bunch of imbeciles. The Tua thing was a bad look, so let's refuse to let a player back in when they pass all the tests. So did he have a concussion?

Losers in NY.

I think so kinda buzzed lol
Point of my post wasn’t to say “Zappe is da next Tahm!!!” The point is that Zappe’s SITUATION does line up in a similar manner to what Brady did stepping in for Bledsoe, and Zappe’s output today reminds me of Brady’s output at that time.

Again, not to say Zappe = Brady but rather that there may be merit to Bill once again taking the “hot hand” approach and playing the guy who is perhaps less explosive but making more plays overall regardless.

Blasphemy... OBVIOUSLY, considering the backlash...

He is our welker, Edelman successor . If we still keep harping on his speed we will be the loser. We just need others to contribute like Bourne, Henry and Thornton. Can we get a deal done with some incentives for Meyers. He might not be a true wr 1 but definitely somewhere between 1 and 2 .

Agholor is a lost cause .

I can admit that Meyers is proving me wrong. He continues to get open. He's back to finding the first downs instead of coming up short like he did last year.

Bourne is also proving me wrong, but not in a good way.. I don't know what happened to him, but anytime you're jawing at BB over YOUR mistake on the field, it's a battle you're sure to lose. I was surprised to see him back on the field later.

I don't know wtf happened with Agholor. He was playing well in pre-season, but he's become a fumble machine. 3 Fumbles LOST in 5 weeks is a guaranteed way to not be dressed. He needs to be given the Rookie fumblitis treatment. (give him a ball that he has to carry around everywhere. Tell anyone and EVERYONE that their job is to knock it out of his hands.. every fumble is 50 pushups. He has to report to Troy Brown how many fumbles each day).

Point of my post wasn’t to say “Zappe is da next Tahm!!!” The point is that Zappe’s SITUATION does line up in a similar manner to what Brady did stepping in for Bledsoe, and Zappe’s output today reminds me of Brady’s output at that time.

Again, not to say Zappe = Brady but rather that there may be merit to Bill once again taking the “hot hand” approach and playing the guy who is perhaps less explosive but making more plays overall regardless.

Mac has certainly been doing a good job of playing the Bledsoe turnover machine in this analogy.

I'm in. Happy with Zappe.

As did the expectations placed on Zappe's shoulders

Did you hear Belichick? Now I am actually no kidding concern for Mac. BB said everything Zappe came to the slidelines and told him that he was seeing was exactly what he was also seeing....hmm....
I didn't see what Bill said, no. I think we are a little bit from having a legit QB controversy. Freakin' Lions DB starters are not good, and they were deep in the depth chart. Let's see how the kid does when he faces a real defense. With that said, he played fine. Don't lose the game for 'em.

Zappe isn’t giving the starting job back. That’s your QB for the foreseeable future.

You just know it when you see it. I haven’t had that feeling watching a QB play for the Patriots since, well … I won’t jinx it, but you get it.

There is a visceral vibe Zappe exudes while watching him that gives me genuine excitement and optimism for this team’s future.

I do like how Zappe hangs tough in the pocket; then, if he needs to step up or escape it looks fluid. He’s not frantic out there. Credit to the OL as well.

Mac has certainly been doing a good job of playing the Bledsoe turnover machine in this analogy.

I'm in. Happy with Zappe.
Mac has been having a down season ever since last december .

So leave apart jags game , he has not had a single good game . That's a real long stretch . 7 losses in 9 games ( 1- 4 + bills post season + 1-2 ) . That's jags / browns / jets territory. Steelers win was because of defense and gunner . So technically 1 win in 8 games .

People say comparisons to Brady’s situation with Zappe are silly, but are they really? Brady wasn’t the GOAT we know today 20 years ago. He just played smart, tried to find the open guy, limited his own mistakes and had decent pocket awareness. Saw Zappe do all of that today. I like Mac Jones a lot, but he has been lacking in most of those areas this season.
I don’t see the point in bringing up Brady when talking about Mac, Zappe, or anyone else. A different era, different teams, different players.

Zappe did well today but I don’t think we need to bring up Brady.

Has Agholor been the result of more useless turnovers than points? His fumble vs. BAL was THE play that lost the opportunity for the go ahead score. And this INT was so avoidable. I'm also very concerned with whatever happened to Bourne. I feel like that argument on the sideline after he lined up wrong might land him back on the bench - and this time we might lose him mentally. Which stinks because he's very explosive.

I don’t see the point in bringing up Brady when talking about Mac, Zappe, or anyone else. A different era, different teams, different players.

Zappe did well today but I don’t think we need to bring up Brady.

Deal, but only if everyone also agrees to refuse to compare anyone to Brady (and bemoan his departure) when whomever the QB is has a poor play or game.

As of last week, CLE was ranked #4, so we'll need a similar effort. Especially against the run. They, along with the NYG lead the league at over 170 ypg.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back