PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Lions

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Michael Lombardi going on about protecting the ball the week Mac got hurt makes me think they are really pissed off with his carelessness. Mac Jones really put this defense in a bad light the first 3 games. We should not have been in tight game with the Steelers. The Steelers are a bad team and with Mac, we made them a tough out.
This was the biggest thing I saw watching Mac the first two weeks, giving the ball away, not stringing positive plays or building any rhythm on offense.
So there are two possibilities.
Judge and Patricia are trash and everyone is regressing.
Or Mac has taken a step back in his mechanics and his awareness somehow.
Mechanics is why the ball is having strange trajectory’s and limited strength.
I don’t see why when he’s working with House.

We will find out when Mac gets back if he turns the page and makes a second year jump.
Or if he struggles or gets reinjured and allows the rook to compete for his job.
Mac is going to be very motivated I just hope he’s locked in.
At the end of the day wanting a certain QB over another one of our QBs is irrelevant to me.
I don’t know either personally so as a Patriot fan it’s who can get the offense in better position to be successful.
So far the eye test tells me it’s Zappe.

Michael Lombardi going on about protecting the ball the week Mac got hurt makes me think they are really pissed off with his carelessness. Mac Jones really put this defense in a bad light the first 3 games. We should not have been in tight game with the Steelers. The Steelers are a bad team and with Mac, we made them a tough out.

The Steelers might be in the running for a top 3 pick. I don’t think they’ve been that bad EVER. Maybe in the 80s once?

so now Damien Harris is down with a hamstring. Who knows if it's just a twinge, or a 2-3 week issue, but unless they're activating Ty off IR this week, do they bring up JJ or rookie Harris? I don't know what the heck is wrong with Strong?!

The Steelers might be in the running for a top 3 pick. I don’t think they’ve been that bad EVER. Maybe in the 80s once?

Losing TJ Watt on their defense has hurt them more than they care to admit. Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired. As does their O-line. Though they've started adding good pieces to that O-line.

He’s improved every season

The choice for Meyers is an easy one.

Either he can play for this dynasty and become a legendary receiver with multiple rings on a team friendly deal, or he can make slightly more money elsewhere and become irrelevant while being easily replaced by Tre Nixon.

Great all around performance. Defense lights out. Offense punted once i think while in clock killing mode. Folk solid af. Good to get henry involved. Most important right now is i hope harris and mills are ok. I wish we’d keep these jerseys too.

I said it before but meyers has kept improving year to year and i dont think weve seen his ceiling. Need to lock him up next year. Parker / meyers/ thornton/ bourne if he stays outta the doghouse can be a really nice set of wr’s.

Im really impressed with zappe. His poise was much better this week and we could have something here. Good mobility too.

Looking like another great draft early, still alot to see. But Jack and strange look like bigtime hits. Zappe at the very least gives us a solid backup which ended up crucial this year. Tbd on thornton/strong/ m jones but i think they will all prove to be good picks and then theres a couple more projects.

A great win but its just one w to add. We have not much room for error after starting 1-3 and can’t really afford any more stinkers. None of the games coming up are gimmes but imo we go into each matchup as the better team at least until Minnesota where hopefully we’re a much improved team by then. Onto Cleveland!

Mac should remember, it's not the high ankle sprain that put his job somewhat at risk... it's everything before it. I think that a humble, focused, ball-sharing Mac Jones gets back and keeps his job. But I'd be lyng to say I'm not intrigued by Zappe... now starting to see some of this week's plays.

Dominant win today. Patriots defense had a whale of a game.

The Lions went for it on 4th&9 down 6 points in the second quarter. Clear to everyone that it was a dumb decision and then they had the nerve to double down on the mistake and give us a td off the fumble. Thanks but sheesh.

Zappe just looks right in this offense. Very basic but he made the easy throws look easy. There is something about Zappe that I like better than Mac. We may have a legitimate qb controversy brewing.

so now Damien Harris is down with a hamstring. Who knows if it's just a twinge, or a 2-3 week issue, but unless they're activating Ty off IR this week, do they bring up JJ or rookie Harris? I don't know what the heck is wrong with Strong?!

Why did anything have to be "wrong" with Strong? The Pats can only dress 48... They were without Jonnu Smith already and Tyquan Thornton was just re-activated. They brought up Sokol and Gilbert so that they'd have a 2nd TE and a back-up for Henry.

Strong is likely to see a lot of time next week. It will be interesting to see what Harris' status is for the game. Montgomery hasn't started practicing yet.

I was actually surprised at how poorly the Jet sweep with Bourne worked, though the Lions LBs are very fast.

Meyers needs to be extended if he isn't pricing himself out. Will be on him ultimately though.

Also can Bill get a tiny bit of credit for finding him and developing him while Meyers QBs have been

Brady- Wanted out and froze him out
Newton- The corpse of
Jones- Rookie
Zappe- Rookie

He’s improved every season

He is our welker, Edelman successor . If we still keep harping on his speed we will be the loser. We just need others to contribute like Bourne, Henry and Thornton. Can we get a deal done with some incentives for Meyers. He might not be a true wr 1 but definitely somewhere between 1 and 2 .

Agholor is a lost cause .

In good news - it seems the Dolphins are wrecked for a couple weeks anyway. Not that I'm happy Tua & Teddy got concussions, but wow - look at what happens to other teams when their 3rd string QB has to play. So, we play the Jets twice in a few weeks coming up, and by then if all goes good we could be passing both into 2nd behind the Bills.

Mac should remember, it's not the high ankle sprain that put his job somewhat at risk... it's everything before it. I think that a humble, focused, ball-sharing Mac Jones gets back and keeps his job. But I'd be lyng to say I'm not intrigued by Zappe... now starting to see some of this week's plays.

Mac had been dealing with a knee issue in camp on and off.

People say comparisons to Brady’s situation with Zappe are silly, but are they really? Brady wasn’t the GOAT we know today 20 years ago. He just played smart, tried to find the open guy, limited his own mistakes and had decent pocket awareness. Saw Zappe do all of that today. I like Mac Jones a lot, but he has been lacking in most of those areas this season.

Why did anything have to be "wrong" with Strong? The Pats can only dress 48... They were without Jonnu Smith already and Tyquan Thornton was just re-activated. They brought up Sokol and Gilbert so that they'd have a 2nd TE and a back-up for Henry.

Strong is likely to see a lot of time next week. It will be interesting to see what Harris' status is for the game. Montgomery hasn't started practicing yet.

I was actually surprised at how poorly the Jet sweep with Bourne worked, though the Lions LBs are very fast.
Agreed. I was hoping they would do that with Thornton similar to what packers did with Watson. Maybe Thornton is not fully healed.

IDC WHO is the QB, we've ALL seen this before.
If Zapp just "Gets" it, IDGAS.
I said the same thing 21 years ago, Bledsoe of the "Rocket arm" was told to sit down, with a MONSTER Contract.
BB was an idiot as usual... obviously.
Who as a Fan cares, all we should care about are Wins.
Flutie was wanted because he Won, they didn't agree...and we lost.
Of course.

NOONE will be 100% Correct.

People say comparisons to Brady’s situation with Zappe are silly, but are they really? Brady wasn’t the GOAT we know today 20 years ago. He just played smart, tried to find the open guy, limited his own mistakes and had decent pocket awareness. Saw Zappe do all of that today. I like Mac Jones a lot, but he has been lacking in most of those areas this season.
Yall just need to let them develop into their own player and stop the comparisons to TB. There won't be another Tom Brady and that's okay. Jones or Zappe can be the next big thing who knows

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back