PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

@DaBruinz is correct to laugh and I am hoping he soon unleashes one of his patented rants on those who whine about 5 slots in a draft. A draft. A selection of unproven youngsters from (literally it seemed in 2020) the basement of a mom’s house with the help of a dog.
You’re right, 5 spots in the 1st round of the draft doesn’t matter. Belichick has done so well in the draft the last 5 years as well. Yea, can’t wait for that patented rant scolding me about draft status. Oh no! He should create a podcast with those patented hot takes.

Ok so root for kc and LV today so this win doesn’t look as bad draft position wise.
Nah, need to root for LV and SF. That way the Patriots stay at 14 where they started the day.

This very weird season ended...7 wins at the end more of less it was expected as a record...
UPS and DOWNS all season but what i have to admit i liked the heart of this team...
And i think we will return next season better then this one...
Thanks for another great season Ian and all members...we have in commun the passion for our team the glorious New England Patriots !

Extremely happy to see the TE's involved, If they can become viable options next year that will be huge. Michel and Harris should be a dynamite RB combo next year particularly if they can have bigger roles in the passing game. Team played hard until the end which was good to see,

There is no logic. As legendary Bill has been, he really screwed this one up. This whole season. Now Bill has even more ammo to trade this pick out of the first round because the “value” won’t be there and he is probably correct. That’s the problem with being a treadmill team. You have no clear path to improve in the draft. In the top 10 there are several no brained pick. Remember he traded back and took Mayo. That worked out pretty damn well.

I mean the Chiefs were a playoff team with Alex Smith when they got Mahomes. Dallas cowbows were a decent team with romo when they got prescott.

It's not necessarily true "you can't improve" just because you don't have a top 10 pick

I have to say that I appreciate the fight and heart of the entire team… I’m glad to see that they were able to go out on top… I wish cam newton the best wherever he goes if he goes anywhere… I feel bad because it sounds like he’s a great teammate.... he’s been a good leader and from all reports he’s a great guy overall... not a troublemaker… Unfortunately even tho he had good day today ...it doesn’t look like he has that much left as a quarterback....I think there are a lot of bright spots going forward but we have so much to replace (and who we lose in FA) it’s going to be a rebuild for a few years I’m sure…Not sure how winning today affects us in the draft as far as how far down we will fall in 1st....But anyways congrats to the Pats for going out with a win!!!

You’re right, 5 spots in the 1st round of the draft doesn’t matter. Belichick has done so well in the draft the last 5 years as well. Yea, can’t wait for that patented rant scolding me about draft status. Oh no! He should create a podcast with those patented hot takes.
you weren't getting a 5 spot bump because dallas lost.

Should of lost the game for the best of the team.
If Trey Lance or Zach Wilson gets lost in this ugh. Not high on Mac Jones or Trask.
Fields is going top 10.
The players who are in there are going to try their hardest to win. They have ZERO incentive to lose. THe only way for the franchise to try and lose this one is to put in the worst players they have. But if they do that the players who want to play will be miffed. I was hoping the pats would lose this game, but I also expect that the players who are playing will always give 100% as part of their own self interest. I am not sure that the difference between picking 10 and 15 is that monumental to the future.

Bye bye Cam and bye bye Stiddy.

Cam may get another shot somewhere. Stiddy might get a shot as a Saskatchewan Roughrider. That’s more at his level.
Saskatchewan has Cody Fajardo and James Franklin. Both are better than Stidham.

Losing the last game of the season doesn’t matter unless you’re in the playoffs but 5 spots do matter in the 1st round. Winning it doesn’t make you any better. I find it odd how people laugh at losing 5 spots in the 1st round. This is why you guys don’t care about Belichick drafting horribly.
Yep. I can’t comprehend it. Like, having a win in the last game of a lost season is so utterly important that losing 5 spots is fine.

It makes no sense from a practical or business standpoint. Emotionally sure, but that’s not how teams are supposed to feel. Nobody who is on that team will remember a win or a loss from this past season. Just that it was a losing season.

I mean the Chiefs were a playoff team with Alex Smith when they got Mahomes. Dallas cowbows were a decent team with romo when they got prescott.

It's not necessarily true "you can't improve" just because you don't have a top 10 pick

Where was Mahomes picked? What pick was he again?

Losing the last game of the season doesn’t matter unless you’re in the playoffs but 5 spots do matter in the 1st round. Winning it doesn’t make you any better. I find it odd how people laugh at losing 5 spots in the 1st round. This is why you guys don’t care about Belichick drafting horribly.
The bottom line is that it is NOT easy to intentionally lose a game in the NFL.

Yep. I can’t comprehend it. Like, having a win in the last game of a lost season is so utterly important that losing 5 spots is fine.

It makes no sense from a practical or business standpoint. Emotionally sure, but that’s not how teams are supposed to feel. Nobody who is on that team will remember a win or a loss from this past season. Just that it was a losing season.
No, no. As long as Joe from Taunton feels good about his Pats beating those dreaded Jets, that’s all it matters, “bro”!

The bottom line is that it is NOT easy to intentionally lose a game in the NFL.
It’s not easy. But let’s not root for a win in a forgotten season because it’s the Jets in the last game which ruins your draft status.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back