PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I’d be surprised if JJ is able to play next week, or the week after, the way he was holding his left arm close to his body, after looking like he was in some serious pain immediately after the impact. Looks like either a shoulder, separation, or a broken clavicle. Hope that I’m wrong.

That makes the availability of Mills and Marcus even more critical.

I thought broken clavicle as well. Until he moved it full rotation. Could just be that he fell on it awkwardly or Could be a separation.

Apparently Dugger's pick-6 set a new franchise record for the Patriots with 7 defensive TDs in a single season.

This Patriots team is also the first team with a defensive TD in 4 straight games since the 2002 Bucs.

(Found in another comment online, so take it with a grain of salt, but very cool if true).

BB seemed fine with the outcome.

Miami expended all timeouts. Mac was real happy pumping his fist in the air. I got the impression that was the plan all along.
The problem is that the Dolphins took possession of the ball with 2:32 left on the clock after the Patriots went backwards. Miami took all of 1:28 to score a touchdown to cut a two-score lead to two points. This game could have easily been a loss.

Look at that 51 second series for -4 yards again that started with 3:23 left in the 4th quarter.
  • 1st down - OT run for no gain into where the Dolphins had seven in the box (which is tip off to a junior high offensive coordinator that you go somewhere else.)
  • 2nd down - OT run for 4 yards into where the Dolphins had seven in the box again (The definition of insanity is...)
  • 3rd down - Bourne Jet Sweep for 2 yards (Oh, something different that depends on going East-West. Wagons Ho!) Any play with Jet in it is not a good choice with the game on the line.
  • 4th down - Mac Jones tries to run clock by going the wrong way and getting sacked for 10-yard loss. It made me think that Bailey Zappe is calling the plays.
Miami takes over with 2:32 remaining. Scores a touchdown and gets a crack at an on-side kick.

Patriots cover the onside kick. Yay! They didn't lose the game. Gutless.

Last edited:
Our oline seems to capitulate on 3rd and 4th downs. Not just last night, but all season. Dudes getting to Mac untouched in seconds. It's a real concern how undisciplined they've been.

Yeah the marked improvements in Daniel Jones and Trevor Lawrence and Mac's regression suggest that coaching actually matters in QB development.

My vote is that Joe Judge is an even worse problem than Patricia: both Daniel Jones and Mac Jones failed to develop under him, and he was responsible for the terrible 2019 WR room. If he stays, give him Special Teams next year.

Plus, BB became noticeably much more involved with the offensive play calling. I attribute the good rhythm that Mac Jones got into in the second half to this.

I'm having difficulty processing the fact that if the Patriots had managed not to self-destruct just one time in the prior 2 games, we would have clinched a playoff spot before the last weekend.

If the refs actually blew the whistle for forward progress.
That's what makes this season so frustrating.

I think what we need now is for the Bills to beat Cincy tonight and secure the top seed. That way they won't need the last game and may rest players. That would help.

As for calls, I'm still seething over that ridiculous call on Miami's fumble to start the game. Thank God they overcame it.

Any chance Buffalo rests their starters next week? Probably not since the Queefs held on today.
See above.

The best part about next week is, if we beat buffalo to get inn, there’s reason to believe that we might actually have a chance at running the table.

I was worried and frustrated with some of the drives ending with nothing yet again. However I did see some good plays and feel that there is a better offence in there just needing to be unlocked.

If Mac had Weis as his coach & play caller...

Not saying he's a great QB, but as I've said since Tom left, we don't need a great QB, just a competent one.

Oh, and a head coach who commits to the run.

Tom got fed up with Bill. I'm starting to too.
If Tom was fed up with Bill why did he keep asking for contract extensions?

Forget hoping they rest players just freaking beat them outright and earn the spot. Also put some doubt in their minds about a playoff rematch.

Hell will freeze over before the Captain Kangaroo and his court admits that it was a good draft pick: "coulda had him in the 6th round"

Should have picked Winfield Jr.

so Playoffs start next week for the Pats
Forget hoping they rest players just freaking beat them outright and earn the spot. Also put some doubt in their minds about a playoff rematch.
thats how we would imagine it should be, but the thing is this Bills team is not suiting the Pats well and the Pats have a really hard time to play consistently good on Offense (throughout the year), I still hope the Pats win next week but its really hard to imagine if the Bills give their all

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back