PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Look I know the chances are low of him panning out, but you HAVE to give Zappe a chance at starting and to get starter reps in practice. I just don’t think it’s fair to judge him off getting thrown into these games, down a billion points.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best he’s looked were the two games he knew he was going to start in. More importantly, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best the Patriots offense has looked in 2+ years were the two games he started in.

Remember he is 2-0 as a starter; we may not win 2 games all year at the rate we are going at.

This isnt a Stidham situation; Zappe has shown he can win if you give him the start.

Again the odds aren’t great he pans out, but you HAVE to give him a chance. You have to.
Why? He has his chance in camp and preseason and was putrid. Got cut came back only because the rest of the league said no thank you and now had two forgettable relief appearances in mop up time when the other defense stopped trying. He’s done nothing to earn another shot at anything.

Zappe fever is where it belongs. Dead and buried. Give Grier Cunningham or a vet a chance to take Mac’s role.

I think that Bill the Coach helped carry Bill the GM since at least the last Super Bowl. He did a great job coaching that team despite flaws that were starting to get hard to coach over.

We've now reached the point that the Coach cannot overcome the GM.

It's a team game. Mac isn't the only reason they lost. He's a big part of it but he's not the only part

He’s the only reason they’re fielding a semi-pro offense

he drives the bus.

it starts, and ends, with him.

hes garbage.
But if the bus has 4 flat tires and no gas, he's not going to go anywhere.

He’s the only reason they’re fielding a semi-pro offense
No. That's not even remotely true. The stats don't bear that out.

So, you're saying that the reason the Pats have one of the worst O-lines in the league is that he's calling out the wrong protections? You're also saying that his receivers can't get separation because he's directing traffic wrong? C'mon, man. You're smarter than that.

It is almost impossible to evaluate Mac with the garbage he's been surrounded with the last two seasons.

He was pretty solid as a rookie (for a rookie).

Year 2...when he was supposed to be expanding his abilities, learning more.... we give him Matt ****ing Patricia.

Year 3, you address the offense by....taking away his favorite receiver who is clearly still able to play (Meyers)? Drafting reaches and signing has-beens and never-will-bes on the OL?

I'm not saying anything GOOD about Mac's performance the last two years, but his poor decisions stem from Belichick's poor decisions. No time to throw, nobody to throw to, and a whole year wasted with an abysmal offensive system.

No. That's not even remotely true. The stats don't bear that out.

So, you're saying that the reason the Pats have one of the worst O-lines in the league is that he's calling out the wrong protections? You're also saying that his receivers can't get separation because he's directing traffic wrong? C'mon, man. You're smarter than that.

I’m saying they would be subpar with most QBs since the supporting cast sucks. But they’re way beyond subpar. They don’t belong in the NFL. That’s because of Mac.

Amazing Cam never got the benefit of the doubt with most fans like Mac .. Cam did more with a lot less .. Cam would love Bourne JuJu Henry etc.

But if the bus has 4 flat tires and no gas, he's not going to go anywhere.
3 pick 6's this year... philly, dallas and now the saints... says all you need to know...

It's a team game. Mac isn't the only reason they lost. He's a big part of it but he's not the only part.
I don’t think anyone is solely blaming Mac for this disaster.

Edit: Pape is solely blaming Mac for this disaster.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back