PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
This just my theory - BOB and klemm and mayo extension were all kraft additions. BB maybe didnt disapprove but kraft went around BB as he can as a boss and did this including announcing to the fans that they are searching for OC etc. who knows - after the all insubordination mac jones pulled last yr , BB didnt want him but kraft overruled him ?
Kraft as we know it loves himself too much so he will do whatever is needed to make him be seen in good light.
Need to blow up everything is Kraft meddling?
Is Bill losing it?
I need to know who is reasonable for the lack of upfront spending who ever it is ain’t fit to own or coach the team.

At this point, I think 4 wins would be an impressive accomplishment.
We're firmly in the bottom 5 of the league right now. It hasn't been this bad since 1992.
We have a bunch of injuries, and barely average skill players. It's going to be really bad.

I finally understand what that's supposed to mean. He's the cook in that scenario and his teammates are the garbage. Not sure how that went over my head but when I read "garbage" my mind locked onto Mac Jones and wouldn't let go. His teammates should love that as much as Bill and BoB will.

Assuming that came from a halfway credible source (I'll have to scroll back to see the source) then Mac is done on this team after that. Especially after last year's ****y stunt of complaining to O'Brien about Patricia. There won't be any riding it out with Mac until the end of the season.

Edit: Fox Sports. Yeah he's done.
I am shocked more people aren’t making a big deal out of this. Bill will be pissed. Mac already ran around behind the team’s back last year, now he’s doing this when he is legitimately a big part of the problem. Dude is asking to get let go and also running damage control for how it’s not really “his fault” when it happens.

I am shocked more people aren’t making a big deal out of this. Bill will be pissed. Mac already ran around behind the team’s back last year, now he’s doing this when he is legitimately a big part of the problem. Dude is asking to get let go and also running damage control for how it’s not really “his fault” when it happens.
Not to defend Mac (he sucks) but it says someone “close to Mac” said it, not Mac himself.

Not to defend Mac (he sucks) but it says someone “close to Mac” said it, not Mac himself.
Exactly, "a source close to Mac"

Just someone sticking up for Mac. It's about as relevant as what people say on this board.

That’s how it’s done these days. Someone in his “camp” sought out the media to provide this quote, likely at the direction of him. He may as well have said it. But he can claim he didn’t know. You can give him the benefit of the doubt, but typically when this stuff happens, it’s not a good sign.

That also went over my head. I thought that quote was attributed to Mac, from someone close to him.

Someone needs to undo the freaky friday body switch between mac jones and zach wilson

That’s how it’s done these days. Someone in his “camp” sought out the media to provide this quote, likely at the direction of him. He may as well have said it. But he can claim he didn’t know. You can give him the benefit of the doubt, but typically when this stuff happens, it’s not a good sign.

That could very well be the case or it could be another Giselle “Tom can’t catch his own passes” moment where a friend or family member spoke out of turn to the wrong person.

Shame Bill and Linda broke up, i'd love to hear Lindas analysis on Macs performances.

Look I know the chances are low of him panning out, but you HAVE to give Zappe a chance at starting and to get starter reps in practice. I just don’t think it’s fair to judge him off getting thrown into these games, down a billion points with the team having already given up.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best Zappe has looked were the two games he knew he was going to start in. More importantly, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best the Patriots offense has looked in 2+ years were the two games he started in.

Remember he is 2-0 as a starter; we may not win 2 games all year at the rate we are going at.

This isnt a Stidham situation; Zappe has shown he can win if you give him the start.

Again the odds aren’t great he pans out, but you HAVE to give him a chance. You have to.

Please tell me that you are heavily drunk or this is sarcasm. You could have given us 10 bounces and we still LOSE that game badly!

its heavy sarcasm... its just hard to tell with all the sobbing and tears

IMO it's time to move on from the following players via either trade or release if you can't get anything for them:

Mac Jones, Trent Brown, Onwenu, Juju Smith-Schuster, Parker, Bourne, Elliot, Gesicki, David Andrews.

Yes I'm absolutely, completely serious.

Juju has a dead cap hit of 12 mill next season so we’d have to hope someone dumb enough is willing to take juju off the teams hands via trade. Most likely not.

If you read the headline, and then read the article that is all about how the PATS suck, and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the "quote"..
It reads like this..

"No matter how good of cook you are, you cannot make garbage taste good," a source close to Jones told FOX Sports on Sunday after the game. "Even if it was not Mac at QB, what QB would want to play here under these conditions?"

I'm not gonna defend mac the player, or ball puncher/kicker, or even person. but this is clearly a bogus click bait headline with a nefarious quote that was said by someone who knows Mac.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back