PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I won’t get into the coaching, because honestly this Brady vs Bill idiocy has all but ruined the game for me. (Hint: it was both)

But here we are now. This team has taken hits all year. They haven’t had the same OL 2 weeks in a row. Their DB’are decimated, and Judon was the guy they could least afford to lose.

Those aren’t excuses, but just the facts.

Absent those injury issues, we’d still suck, and it all starts and ends with Mac. He can’t set protection, can’t sniff a blitz, can’t get the DL off-balance at all with his cadence, and worst of all, it’s getting clearer and clearer that the players around him don’t think much of him.

He just ain’t the guy. Neither is Zappe.

Go with Grier of the three. Or just suck it up through the year and get a talented try at QB - Caleb or Mayes.

I agree with those saying we need a young an innovative O coach. The league has changed dramatically in the last couple of years. I give the pats credit for building a speed Defense. That side of the ball is set.

The other side, not so much. And I can’t understand why Boutte is inactive. Jesus!
If they’re going to tank then at least bring Cam back or something else to make it entertaining. I’d be open to Grier or Cunningham. I have zero interest watching Zappe take another snap for this team and as Mac seems to have imploded I think I’ve seen enough of that too. That’s not entertaining. If you’re going to suck make it a fun suck.

Yas Yes GIF by AIDS-Fondet
No, that little punk has been a complete disater from the start. Punky has NO redeeming qualities...He Sucks worse than mac

BB plays the guys who gives us the best chance to win.
Exactly right that's right ✅️ is why Douglas, Boutte don't see the field much they just don't give us a chance over pupu and parked at the curb parker.. I'll tell ya BB did it again.. LOL

A tender anus is never a good look little one. You and your fav team are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Deal with it Skippy.
Ok keep making **** up dude lol. "You guys said u were the best team ever! Don't ask me to prove it I am busy jerking my brother off!"

Okay, I didn't see today's game, or last week's sxitshow either, not for lack of interest but because I live out of market and don't have Sunday Ticket, but for those of you who did and who know football, do the Pats have good players around Mac? What I have seen in limited viewing windows is a porous offensive line that gives him inadequate protection and can't open holes for the running game, and a lack of top shelf skill position players especially at receivers. Do we have anyone who can "stretch the defense"? If it's the case that the offensive personal suck, then we can't really blame Mac, but Bill is the GM and honestly I don't think he's made a smart move since Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. I mean he gets lots of draft picks, but none of them turn into franchise players. What are your thoughts please?

Can this team compete with the Raiduhz next week? Losing to McNugget and Jimmy garbage pail would be awful. We think we’re low now, losing to those 2 would be whale-**** at the bottom of the ocean low.
If they lose to the Raiduhhhs it means the patriot way is over.

Agreed! I add though need to revamp the D line.. Barmore isn't what we thought he'd be.. wise is older so is guy. Godchaux is a bust. Need some quinnen Williams type guys up front. Seems every team has one or 2 except us..
Chris Jones will be a FA. We have a lot of cap room.

Exactly right that's right ✅️ is why Douglas, Boutte don't see the field much they just don't give us a chance over pupu and parked at the curb parker.. I'll tell ya BB did it again.. LOL
Checkers vs Chess BB. :rolleyes:

Agreed! I add though need to revamp the D line.. Barmore isn't what we thought he'd be.. wise is older so is guy. Godchaux is a bust. Need some quinnen Williams type guys up front. Seems every team has one or 2 except us..
Godchaux isn’t a bust, but he isn’t a two-gapper. Defense isn’t the problem here.

And sure Williams, Simmons and the like are great and if they could find someone, great.

But I’d be looking for a top QB in the draft, then spend all that money by bringing in the best WR, the best 3rd down/all down RB, and the best OL vets I could find.

I’d also start trading away some vets. Trent Brown can be great, but he’s a world-class headache out there. Some competitive team will pay dearly for him if they lose an OT.

Parker, Schuster, Bourne, Rham…all available.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back