PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The way this team looks they deserve and will go 3 and 14 if lucky.
Could really be 1 and 16.
When I saw this roster and our schedule I said we were finishing last I may not know anything about my wife but I know football.

I always said I’d go down with the ship.
Same here. I am wearing my Pats socks and shirt and that commitment won’t change. I mean, I’ll eventually wash them, but the sentiment remains. I root for the team above everything else.

Some people seem to take joy in the demise. I don’t get it.

@Tunescribe you’re spending thousands of dollars to watch this product when you could take a vacation to Bora Bora. How do you feel about this financial decision, and the returns you’re getting?

Same here. I am wearing my Pats socks and shirt and that commitment won’t change. I mean, I’ll eventually wash them, but the sentiment remains. I root for the team above everything else.

I don’t take joy in it, but it’s not as hard as I thought it would be because I could see it coming. More mentally prepared. Like 500 pound @Simpelton at a Golden Corral, I’m mentally locked-in and ready for the fall.

I want to lose with rookies and get that number-one pick! I hate aiming to be a middling team.

I don’t take joy in it, but it’s not as hard as I thought it would be because I could see it coming. More mentally prepared. Like 500 pound @Simpelton at a Golden Corral, I’m mentally locked-in and ready for the fall.
This is my feeling too. The one thing I didn't see coming though was how Bill would let the roster deteriorate.

OMG, you are so mean :rofl:

As I said about my wife’s attitude during my eulogy to her: “it is better to be ****ty than average.” And nowhere is that more true than the NFL.

Worst home shutout loss for the Patriots since 1969 vs KC (31-0). Just brutal.
31-0 isn't worse than 34-0 so
Worst home shutout loss for the Patriots since 1969 vs KC (31-0). Just brutal.
Worst home shutout loss ever, not since 1969, that one was "only" 31-0

Yeah i hate to say it but when you expect nothing you don't get disappointed. I was disappointed week 1 and 2. After the way we barely beat NY I am almost rooting for 2-15 and some draft excitement for once. Provided Bill doesn't trade the number 1 pick for 3 6th rounders and a 7th swap and Jonnu Smith

Yeah i hate to say it but when you expect nothing you don't get disappointed. I was disappointed week 1 and 2. After the way we barely beat NY I am almost rooting for 2-15 and some draft excitement for once. Provided Bill doesn't trade the number 1 pick for 3 6th rounders and a 7th swap and Jonnu Smith

That's why his GM duties must be taken away so he doesn't trade down or take another defensive player.

I well remember the team before Bledsoe and the team during the Bledsoe years. You are certainly free to believe whatever you want.

Yes, Brady was the GOAT. That does NOT diminish what Bledsoe did for the team, or just how good he was.
We are not discussing the Pats pre Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was Corky Mac with a cannon arm.

It's never 100% one guy... But Mac comes close. His effect on every aspect of the game is just brutal.
He effects the entire team.

Rumor is that he was crying after the game.

That's why his GM duties must be taken away so he doesn't trade down or take another defensive player.
The tricky part is that Groh or Wolf will have some loyalty to Bill and not want to go around him making moves. A GM would have to come from another team.

It’s not taking joy in the demise for me personally.
It’s seeing the collection of terrible bad moves blow up like I knew it would.
if we aren’t a threat to win anything of substance such as a wildcard game.
I want this team to die and be remade in the new regimes vision.
I love what Miami and Buffalo and Yes New Jersey is building.
Only thing we’ve done right the last 4 years is draft Gonzalez.
Awful free agencies, terrible reaches in draft. No speed at WR.
The Patriots had the right idea to trade up for a playmaker like Thornton they desperately need him on the field and Parker and JU JU off of it.
JU JU is making the Donald Hayes pick up look like Calvin Johnson.

Let’s dive further.

We disrespect Tom, lose him him.
We disrespect Gronk Lose him.
Edelman retires
We are picking 15 Justin Fields is available with a small trade up we stay Pat settle and take Mac Jones. I was devestated he’s a boyscout try hard no natural gifts.
He has a really good rookie year til he faces Buff.
Mcdaniels who Brady kept insisting was a genius leaves for Vegas.
Not only that we allow him to take 90 percent of the offensive coaching staff.
We elevate Patricia he runs warm and cold mostly cold.
We do little to nothing on offense this offseason other than bringing in Obrein and Klemm.
Everyone says Obrein is going to build this offense in his image and save Mac Jones.
Offense regresses terribly. Mac Jones has 4 tds the last 2 weeks problem is they aren’t for us.

This hurts me as I have a big Belichick autographed superbowl photo in my office.
The game has passed him by, this is a new NFL.
It’s a young coaches game you have to be quick witted and you have to be able to appeal
To players on a personal level.

Bill is now Tom Coughln with worse results.
Part of me thinks about Thomas Brady’s seniors comments this will end badly or ugly and makes me wonder what witchcraft hex did Giselle curse this team with.
Kraft either needs to make the hard choices or sell this team.
Fans put too much money, energy, time, passion to feed us this crap.
So yes I cheer the demise of the Mac Jones Era Pats only
Because I know it has to be brighter from here,
This offense has no direction, strengths, no long sustaining Drives.
It’s a miracle to get positive yards on back to back plays.
Mac will make a hell of a offensive coach on a highschool track but he is not a NFL QB,
I don’t care if he has more dog in him than DMX.

Burn this team to the ground and watch the Phoenix rise from
Its ashes.

It’s not taking joy in the demise for me personally.
It’s seeing the collection of terrible bad moves blow up like I knew it would.
if we aren’t a threat to win anything of substance such as a wildcard game.
I want this team to die and be remade in the new regimes vision.
I love what Miami and Buffalo and Yes New Jersey is building.
Only thing we’ve done right the last 4 years is draft Gonzalez.
Awful free agencies, terrible reaches in draft. No speed at WR.
The Patriots had the right idea to trade up for a playmaker like Thornton they desperately need him on the field and Parker and JU JU off of it.
JU JU is making the Donald Hayes pick up look like Calvin Johnson.

Let’s dive further.

We disrespect Tom, lose him him.
We disrespect Gronk Lose him.
Edelman retires
We are picking 15 Justin Fields is available with a small trade up we stay Pat settle and take Mac Jones. I was devestated he’s a boyscout try hard no natural gifts.
He has a really good rookie year til he faces Buff.
Mcdaniels who Brady kept insisting was a genius leaves for Vegas.
Not only that we allow him to take 90 percent of the offensive coaching staff.
We elevate Patricia he runs warm and cold mostly cold.
We do little to nothing on offense this offseason other than bringing in Obrein and Klemm.
Everyone says Obrein is going to build this offense in his image and save Mac Jones.
Offense regresses terribly. Mac Jones has 4 tds the last 2 weeks problem is they aren’t for us.

This hurts me as I have a big Belichick autographed superbowl photo in my office.
The game has passed him by, this is a new NFL.
It’s a young coaches game you have to be quick witted and you have to be able to appeal
To players on a personal level.

Bill is now Tom Coughln with worse results.
Part of me thinks about Thomas Brady’s seniors comments this will end badly or ugly and makes me wonder what witchcraft hex did Giselle curse this team with.
Kraft either needs to make the hard choices or sell this team.
Fans put too much money, energy, time, passion to feed us this crap.
So yes I cheer the demise of the Mac Jones Era Pats only
Because I know it has to be brighter from here,
This offense has no direction, strengths, no long sustaining Drives.
It’s a miracle to get positive yards on back to back plays.
Mac will make a hell of a offensive coach on a highschool track but he is not a NFL QB,
I don’t care if he has more dog in him than DMX.

Burn this team to the ground and watch the Phoenix rise from
Its ashes.
Nobody is reading that manifesto, bro.

The tricky part is that Groh or Wolf will have some loyalty to Bill and not want to go around him making moves. A GM would have to come from another team.
80 percent of this board could match Bills GM prowess.
Question is is Kraft locking his wallet cause the money he was giving to players is going to his new wife or hush money to various massage parlors.
I can’t see why Bill refuses to spend money that’s not his if Kraft is really giving the green light to do so.
Makes me think we will hear later Kraft was content and was unwilling to spend.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back