PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Patriots Beat The Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Dorsett is a lock at all. He’s been here a few years and when we needed a wr badly last year he still didn’t exceed his normal production.

Harris dropped potential tds. Dawson, don’t give him a roster spot just because he’s a high pick, let him earn it.

I don’t think Dorsett is a lock at all. He’s been here a few years and when we needed a wr badly last year he still didn’t exceed his normal production.

Harris dropped potential tds. Dawson, don’t give him a roster spot just because he’s a high pick, let him earn it.
I don’t think anybody’s giving Dawson a roster spot due to his draft position (2nd round). Most of us just believe that he’ll likely be traded rather than cut, due to his draft position mixed with the fact he was drafted just last year & our depth at CB; if anything.

Last edited:
He had some big catches in the playoffs. Didn't get a lot of touches after Gordon came over in the. regular season. Make or break year I guess but he may be 5th on the depth chart again.
So did Hogan

I don’t think anybody’s just giving Dawson a roster spot due to his draft position (2nd round). Most of us believe that he’ll be traded rather than cut, due to his draft position mixed with the fact he was drafted just last year & our depth at CB.
Agree. History tells us BB has never cut a 2nd rounder after only one full year with the club. I'm assuming he has some value with another team via trade.

I think most agree he has not stood out here and is buried in a very talented and deep secondary.

Agree. History tells us BB has never cut a 2nd rounder after only one full year with the club. I'm assuming he has some value with another team via trade.

I think most agree he has not stood out here and is buried in a very talented and deep secondary.

The place I might disagree with people here is that in the very possible scenario nobody wants to give us anything for Dawson, I believe BB will just cut him rather than keep him "because he's a 2nd round pick". Of course you want to trade him instead of cut him. I just don't know why any team would want him. He wasn't even supposed to be a 2nd round pick.

The place I might disagree with people here is that in the very possible scenario nobody wants to give us anything for Dawson, I believe BB will just cut him rather than keep him "because he's a 2nd round pick". Of course you want to trade him instead of cut him. I just don't know why any team would want him. He wasn't even supposed to be a 2nd round pick.
I dunna know on the draft projection. I've seen him anywhere from 2nd all the way to 4th. As we know the NEP have their own way of grading players.

To your point, if he continues to not perform in practices and in games, no one will want to give up anything for him. Maybe DET, HOU or TN might give up a 6th or a 7th if BB is lucky.

If Christian Hackenburg can be traded for SOMETHING, Duke Dawson can too. Even if it's a conditional "Dawson and a 7th for a 6th in 2023".

Maybe one of the Patriots adjacent franchises could find good use for him. He's not crippled, just possibly not as good as other guys in our camp right now.

Pretty legit on 24 snaps. Should be getting more time with the 1s and 2s soon.

I really liked Wino's get off on the snap. He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on those sacks. But he was also in control. Chipping TEs, stopping the run, setting the edge. I really liked what I saw.

I really liked Wino's get off on the snap. He looked like he was shot out of a cannon on those sacks. But he was also in control. Chipping TEs, stopping the run, setting the edge. I really liked what I saw.

How many DEs do you think they'll carry, especially given that the stacked LB corps features three guys who are 6'3" and 250+ lbs? Could Bennett, Wise, Simon and Winovich be the total?

Leg whip was a bad call. There's no way you can deduce whether Ferentz lifted his leg up on purpose. Looks like he just fell to the ground.

Punt @ 9:36 left in the 3rd qtr. Dawson playing personal protector laid a rusher out that was engaged with Christian Sam with his forearm to the head/neck aea . Certainly looked nice. No idea if that is legal?

I'm going to stay on the fence as to how well the team has done. This Crosby offensive tackle really stunk it up. Lot of success came against him. We'll see how the team does against the Titans.
Yeah I also noticed Dawson as PP and thought that the hit he laid on the rusher was legit. Still think he's too light & not tough enough for that role.

Poor Tyrell Crosby...undressed at LT by Jamie Collins, then later at RT by Winovich...If Bill didn't have to surrender #136 last year in order to convince the LAR to give us their 1st-rounder for Cooks, then I believed (and still do) that he would've represented excellent value there, along with DT Maurice Hurst and LBs Shaquem Griffin & Genard Avery.

Yeah, I mean we're only one game in so far but this has the makings of an exceptional draft by known bum of a GM Bill Belichick.

Yeah, I mean we're only one game in so far but this has the makings of an exceptional draft by known bum of a GM Bill Belichick.
as bad as BB is at drafting 2nd round DBs, he is very good at drafting DEs.

I remember the quote by Titans RB Dion Lewis after beating Pats 34-10, if you're physical with them they will fold. I know BB has moved on but I'm expecting NE players to be a little testy this week at joint practice with the Titans.

Last edited:
I hope they give them the same as the Lions got .....starters,second or 3rd string......of course it matters....lol:D:D

I remember the quote by Titans RB Dion Lewis after beating Pats 34-10, if your physical with them they will fold. I know BB has moved on but I'm expecting NE players to be a little testy this week at joint practice with the Titans.
I fully expect TN to be.

I think BB is ok with that.

Late to the game here, watched the NFL replay last night off the DVR and took notes on my phone. Pardon the spelling errors...here goes:

Shelton collapsing the pocket

Collins was noticeable. Didn't know he was #8.

Bentley still flys around the field....

JoeJuan Williams and JC Jackson outside CB's

Berrios started at PR, no return.

We know what Bolden can do.

Skipper looks a bit overmatched vs. Outside speed to me (untrained eye). Weird seeing him wear #72.

LaCosse doesn't look strong at the point of attack...played a but high. Watson looks like the Watson I expect.

Meyers had a drop...pass was a little behind, but catchable. Hands were in the right place, ball just bounced off...

Collins and Bentley going savage on Savage! Back 2 back sacks.

LaCosse deep. Beat the MLB easily, but not sure the MLB was responsible for the TE...looked like the MLB was playing zone tho.

Nice catch Harry along the sideline....laid out his body.

Nice TD, but looks like Harris had a little grab/push off. Still nice!

Hoyer can ball.

Nice coverage by JC Jackson. Blocked out the WR.

Big catch by Harry...back shoulder and nice tap dance along the sideline!

End of 1Q

Meyers 1st NFL catch....

Berrios nice 4th and 2 reception underneath.

Meyer makes a tight catch and gets hit..but holds on.

Nice 1st NFL TD for Meyers!

Nice pick by Simon.

Stidham time!

Nice run to p/u the first down by Stidham!

LaCosse can catch balls and beat LBers....

Stidham to Meyers for six! Right in the numbers.

Failed 2pt conversion. Pats 20-0 with 4:23 left in the half.

Calhoun sack!

Rivers sack! Detroit's OL is really bad...

Damn, Meyers deep over the middle!

Stidham has a nice arm.

Izzo almost had it!

Bolden ran laterally to get OOB to stop the clock. Nice.

Gostkowski miss......

Good Rivers half sack.

End of half.

Think Harris could have corralled that one in...

JoeJuan picks up an unnecessary roughness penalty, but showed nice speed for his size tho.

Who is #9 @ PR. Check later.

Olzewski is the PR, cool!

Another almost catchable drop by Harris.....DB had it tho'..if Stidham were 2" higher..that's a TD.

An Inman sighting! Nice TD effort. Man, we are DEEP @ WR....keep 7 guys (including Slater)????

Nice 2pt conversion by Stidham....stronger arm than I thought. Just flicked the ball good.

Touchback Bailey. Is Allen gonna be cut? Bailey has a leg up, IMO.

Williams got beat on an over throw. Needs to jam better....was only able to grab a piece of the shoulder pad. Matty throwing flag for PI..hmmmm...no call!

Winovich sack! He got low and went under the OT's arms. Nice!

Stidham evades some pressure, but should be throwing the ball away.

Berrios underneath for a big gain.

End of 3Q

Settled for a FG. Patterson slipped a bit and Izzo never had a chance. Gostkowski hit his first figgie.

Like this Olzewski dude......gonna have to make it on the ST units to make the club....

Man the Lions OL is bad. I know....4th qtr PS week 1 w/ scrubs..but its bad!

Victory formation.

End of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots