PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Add Mills to the list. Averaged 119 yards before the pats game threw for 312 yards that game.
Indeed. I'd expect Dak to put up some sort of numbers on us. However, I wouldn't expect a bum like Mills to toast us for 300+ when the week before he threw 4 ints. The alarm bells started ringing out loud in Houston. Dak just showed how bad the issue is.

He took the offense that Billy O' B created..he never bothered to replicate or recreate that offense past 2012.

Weis ran a two TE offense before either Bill O'Brien or McDaniels were even in the NFL. And Ray Perkins (who co-created the offense that the Pats have used as a template) used a two TE offense in the 80s and 90s. O'Brien didn't create the offense.

Both O'Brien and McDaniels have revised the Perkins/Erhardt offense that the Patriots have used for the last two decades, but neither of then invented the wheel.

Predicted 35-28 dal in the pre game board.

should I go work for espn, or commentate?

Working for ESPN isn't about predicting correctly. It's about predicting LOUDLY.

Probably because Mac had a concussion from that hit. He wasn't the same QB after that
i don't know if he had a concussion, but something wasn't right after that hit

MJ only threw the ball 21 times. He had the highest ypc at 11.00.

Prescott threw it 51 times. Right there is your 445 passing yards. He had only 9.00 ypc

MJ had a better QB rating than Prescott.

Coaching scared lost this game. First quarter Mac Jones passed all over the cowboys. Then for whatever reason Josh remembered he was being too aggressive.

So we run twice up the middle have Mac throw. Use bolden on a 3rd and 1, kneel at the end of the half when you have nearly 2 minutes. And then go back to 2 runs up the middle in OT putting Mac in a difficult situation. Then give the ball back to Dak when you know your defense can't stop him.

It's scared gutless coaching losing these games

You can't spend all day just dropping back when your OL isn't getting it done in pass protection. If you do, you're going to end up needing a new starting QB.

Matt hasselback said it best today. Its not that they are losing games, its they are losing games with mac jones playing as well as a rookie QB can play. That is really alarming.

2016?

Gronk missed more than half the year and when they were both healthy ..they didn't compliment one another. They both were never really both big points of the offense. That was much more us being lucky to have Bennett as the next guy up vs having 2 dynamic tightends producing at the same time.

McDaniels is not the OC you want to lead a double TE offense. Not based on his resume.

Jonnu Smith our #1 FA signing on offense is playing the Dwayne Allen role...I'll give some weight to the fact they likely need him to due to awful oline play

They worked just fine when they were there together. The claim was that McDaniels couldn't work a 2 TE setup. That pair proves that claim to be wrong.

Weis ran a two TE offense before either Bill O'Brien or McDaniels were even in the NFL. And Ray Perkins (who co-created the offense that the Pats have used as a template) used a two TE offense in the 80s and 90s. O'Brien didn't create the offense.

Both O'Brien and McDaniels have revised the Perkins/Erhardt offense that the Patriots have used for the last two decades, but neither of then invented the wheel.
I'll walk that back.. created was not the right word.

Exactly, the only way for the Patriots to really win in OT was to retain possession. Zuerlin can kick 49 yarders in his sleep. BB lost his balls he just doesn't even realize it, which is the sadder part of all this.
Zuerlein had already missed a FG in the game, and is 1 for 3 in attempts of 50+.

Matt hasselback said it best today. Its not that they are losing games, its they are losing games with mac jones playing as well as a rookie QB can play. That is really alarming.
Team has consistenly let Mac down all year. They finds ways to lose games, gave away three of the four losses. If that isn't the sign of a bad team I don't know what is- maybe the 2-4 record?

No, you have to be way over the top and only give false predictions....but always have hot takes.

Well I mean playing as well as a rookie can play? Not sure about that. He has 7 td's and 6 ints. lets not act like the lack of scoring is not part of the issue. The pats for two decades averaged close to 30 points a game. Now we are getting around 19...how many teams in the NFl win regulary averaging 19 points a game? Before if the Pats got the ball first in OT, the game was over. That is not the case anymore.

I'm not alarmed that the Pats aren't great yet

I AM alarmed at how it is happening. Special teams botches, 12 men on the field, delay of game, baffling coaching gaffes, and none of THAT is getting any better week to week. This doesn't look like a Belichick team, it's more hapless top to bottom than 2020 in spite if how dire Cam's passing was.

It's baffling.

MJ only threw the ball 21 times. He had the highest ypc at 11.00.

Prescott threw it 51 times. Right there is your 445 passing yards. He had only 9.00 ypc

MJ had a better QB rating than Prescott.
If MJ threw the ball 51 times, we would have lost by 30.

I don't know what that means. Just because Mac is playing as good as he can doesn't mean he should/can play better.

Their o-line and secondary is below average. Their D line and LBs are average. Their RBs player well yesterday but before that fumbled in key moments. Their WRs are serviceable and only one of their 2 big money TEs is earning their paycheck. Special teams - a hallmark of this organization has been skitzo

Well I mean playing as well as a rookie can play? Not sure about that. He has 7 td's and 6 ints. lets not act like the lack of scoring is not part of the issue. The pats for two decades averaged close to 30 points a game. Now we are getting around 19...how many teams in the NFl win regulary averaging 19 points a game?

Agreed. I actually think both things are true: Maybe Mac isn't playing "as well as a rookie QB can play", but he's certainly playing well FOR a rookie. But that's just the thing: A QB who looks promising still isn't an experienced, veteran QB, and you can't expect that to carry you, even if you're encouraged by the progress he's making.

If you want to see a true example of a QB playing as well as a rookie can play yet his team still doesn't win, look at the Chargers last year with Herbert.

If MJ threw the ball 51 times, we would have lost by 30.
This.

People are calling for JMD to loosen the collar on Mac. I don't think they should do that at all.

Mac has turned the ball over 9 times in 6 games.

Hes on a pace to throw the ball 600 times this year and complete 425 of them which would be a franchise record (More than Drew or Tom).

I really don't want to see a 1994 Drew Bledsoe season where he turns it over 36 times.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back