PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to spend a lot of time posting about Brady so its kind of hard to tell.

Go back and read the post I quoted from you. You said Brady wasn’t loyal. I know all the reasons Bill didn’t want to extend Brady but that has absolutely nothing at all to do with you saying Brady wasn’t loyal. Is Brady supposed to just sign whatever deal Bill puts in front of him and say thank you sir?

BTW, what is Bill’s record against Super Bowl contenders Ravens, Chiefs, and Seahawks since the 2018 Super Bowl against the Rams? He’s 0 - 4. Works with Bill the same way you did with Brady.

It wasn't about the money with Brady. It never has. It's about the lack of weapons the team had. So Brady went where there were better offensive players.

My point about Brady being 0-3 against super bowl contenders since SB 53 was that Brady being here this year was not going to make this team 4-0.

Why do you think he couldn't get a MULTI-YEAR extension from the team at age 40? Please be sure to cite all the other 40+ year old QBs that had any success in the league other than Brady.

Please explain how not wanting to commit 10% of the salary cap over multiple years to a 40+ year old QB who's play has been in decline is bad business. And Brady's play was in decline despite the MVP award. Just compare 2017-2019 to 2015. Attempts down. Completions down. TDs down.

There have been several players who have said that the Lockerroom this year is better than last, attributing it partially to Brady's attitude. From his grousing and poor composure on the sidelines to supposedly freezing out the rookie receivers until he was force to throw to them. I mean, seriously, as bad as some of the Boston reporters are, we had the legit ones talking about how Brady was treating Harry. That's speaks volumes.

From MY point of view, Brady wanted special treatment above and beyond what he'd gotten for the past 15+ years. And while Brady "took less" even the well respected reporters have said that's a misnomer and that Brady still ended up in the top 5% for QBs because of the adjustments the Pats made to his contracts along the way.

So this idea that he left because the Pats weren't LOYAL to him smells as bad as an 18 wheeler hauling cow dung.
Maybe try reading with comprehension. No where did I say I didn’t understand why Bill didn’t want to give Brady a multi-year extension. I was calling out a poster who said Brady wasn’t loyal to the Patriots. It takes 2 to tango. Brady leaving wasn’t because he was un-loyal, it was because he wanted a multi year deal and couldn’t get it. Bill had his reasons for not giving it, but that doesn’t mean Brady wasn’t loyal. He doesn’t have to sign the 1 year under market deal Bill wanted to give him.

In terms of how he treated the young receivers last year, it had also been widely reported that the Patriots weren’t letting Brady coach up the young players anymore. It came out from last years camp the play when a young player lined up in the wrong position instead of getting him in the right spot Brady stood there until Josh McDaniels had to run out and put the guy in the right place. The Pats knew Brady was in his last year and took away his authority. Must of been very frustrating for him.

Zolak, Fauria, and Curran all spoke about this. Zolak said in one of games last year Brady threw a pick on a play which he targeted Edelman. He said Edelman was the only guy he could target because the 2 rookies lined up in the wrong position. So ya, Brady was likely not fun to be around and was sour, but you can’t lay all the fault on him. He was stripped of his ability to correct young guys and was playing with guys who weren’t ready to be out there. I don’t think all of a sudden in year 20 he became some diva *******.

It wasn't about the money with Brady. It never has. It's about the lack of weapons the team had. So Brady went where there were better offensive players.

My point about Brady being 0-3 against super bowl contenders since SB 53 was that Brady being here this year was not going to make this team 4-0.
Sure, Brady wanted more weapons, but his decision wasn’t made this offseason, it was made the offseason before when for the 3rd year in a row he couldn’t get a multi year deal. Bill gave him another 1 year deal with very hard to hit incentives. Brady said he’d do it for one year but they couldn’t franchise him. It was at that point when Brady couldn’t get the multi year deal that both parties knew it was very likely his last year with the team. If they had offered him a multi year deal, even with our limitations at TE and WR, he’d still be here.

I never once said we’d be 4-0 with Brady as a starter this year.

Maybe try reading with comprehension. No where did I say I didn’t understand why Bill didn’t want to give Brady a multi-year extension. I was calling out a poster who said Brady wasn’t loyal to the Patriots. It takes 2 to tango. Brady leaving wasn’t because he was un-loyal, it was because he wanted a multi year deal and couldn’t get it. Bill had his reasons for not giving it, but that doesn’t mean Brady wasn’t loyal. He doesn’t have to sign the 1 year under market deal Bill wanted to give him.

In terms of how he treated the young receivers last year, it had also been widely reported that the Patriots weren’t letting Brady coach up the young players anymore. It came out from last years camp the play when a young player lined up in the wrong position instead of getting him in the right spot Brady stood there until Josh McDaniels had to run out and put the guy in the right place. The Pats knew Brady was in his last year and took away his authority. Must of been very frustrating for him.

Zolak, Fauria, and Curran all spoke about this. Zolak said in one of games last year Brady threw a pick on a play which he targeted Edelman. He said Edelman was the only guy he could target because the 2 rookies lined up in the wrong position. So ya, Brady was likely not fun to be around and was sour, but you can’t lay all the fault on him. He was stripped of his ability to correct young guys and was playing with guys who weren’t ready to be out there. I don’t think all of a sudden in year 20 he became some diva *******.

Please supply links to back your assertions up, particularly the middle paragraph. Thank you.

Please supply links to back your assertions up, particularly the middle paragraph. Thank you.
Yes sure. I’ll go back over the last year of radio files from Fauria and Zolak just for you.

How has this devolved into Brady? He wasn't on the field Monday night.

Wasn't the point of the "Gronkaneers" thread being on the main board to keep the Brady talk/handwringing there? Weird how it's starting to spill into other threads now.

I second this motion...let's keep the Brady talk in the Gronkaneers thread. There are plenty of people in there willing to hash out the comparison between the Brady Pats and the post-Brady Pats (even as tiny a sample size as this is.)

It's not that I think the discussion is irrelevant in a thread like this...it's that it is going to be a constant Rabbit Hole and will derail threads. It's not going to be possible to have a few back and forths before moving on.

Reactions: sb1
Yes sure. I’ll go back over the last year of radio files from Fauria and Zolak just for you.

I asked politely. If what you say is true, then support it with documentation. I've followed this team for a long time and I don't recall reading or hearing about what you are asserting by anyone in the media that covers this team. Tommy has a lot of friends in the media and I'm pretty sure that Curren, in particular, would have reported this.
Again, I will ask politely. Please provide a link to a written article by a credible journalist that covers the team that backs up your supposition. Thank you.

Hoyer can never start again. I would put that up there with benching Malcolm Butler as far as head scratchers.

Thing is...no one expects him to be a physical phenom. But the High School mental errors b2b were shocking.

You gotta at least try Stid next week IMO. If we can't beat Denver, may as well tank honestly.

It's odd...8-8 screws us 2 ways:

Bad year but not bad enough for a decent pick

Yea i agree.. the entire reason you even have an 11 year veteran QB on your roster as a backup is so they can come in for a game or 2 when needed and NOT do exactly what Hoyer did in that game. You expect them to come in and manage the game, but the rookie level mistakes that Hoyer was making are inexcusable

I'd rather go down in flames with Stidham, who at least has some future potential, than go down in flames with Hoyer who is clearly not an NFL caliber QB and i'd argue shouldnt even have a job in the NFL anymore outside of coaching

Of course it's racist and you know it. At least take ownership of the words you use, coward.
P.S. Go ahead and delete it racist moderators. I'm done here.

Wait, TBR used the term "mutt" and "mongrel" (AGAIN) while referring to Mahomes and still hasn't been banned?

Complete failure of moderation and leadership. I'm about done here as well.

Wait, TBR used the term "mutt" and "mongrel" (AGAIN) while referring to Mahomes and still hasn't been banned?

Complete failure of moderation and leadership. I'm about done here as well.
I don't know when or how many times he posted it. I posted a few days ago and forgot about it until now. Returned today to see that my post had been deleted and his reply was still up. Based on that it seems obvious that those words are OK here. I easily could have missed something though.

I asked politely. If what you say is true, then support it with documentation. I've followed this team for a long time and I don't recall reading or hearing about what you are asserting by anyone in the media that covers this team. Tommy has a lot of friends in the media and I'm pretty sure that Curren, in particular, would have reported this.
Again, I will ask politely. Please provide a link to a written article by a credible journalist that covers the team that backs up your supposition. Thank you.
This is a Pats forum, if you think I’m lying then so be it. To think I’m going to search for hours for something I heard on the radio months ago is pretty absurd.

What that middle paragraph proves to me is that Brady knew he was leaving and it was absolutely Brady's choice to leave at the end of the season, and only his choice. He was entitled to do so for any reason he wants. It's just clear as day he didn't want to be here anymore.

Now maybe we can shut down the noise that Belichick pushed Brady out or whatever else that's being said along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes