PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs Beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Unless Bill just flat out wants him gone which is a possibility imo. He should at least wait and see what the team does in terms of getting actual talent at the talent positions.
Brady should be good for one more season here. Obviously, they need to add some talent around him.

one qeustin regarding the Harry TD
wouldn't it be easier for the refs to always call aTD in such situation as scoring plays are always under review which could fix things, if he was out or not breaking the plane they could call it back so they always have a possibility to call it back?
i was just wondering why you would not do that if you have the possibility to back you up with reviews instead of just go for a wrong call...

ok the pats have not had a great offensive showing yesterday first half but as they got it going a bit they were taken points away by this crew it is anoying for a professional league like the NFL not joining the 21st centery with the technical possibilities to support refs in real time

you leave the door open for game fixing but maybe thats what Roger wantso_O

Dorsett would have dropped the pass on the blatant PI call.

You all know it. It's what he does.

13 is a good number for him.

Not liking anybody's chances of winning in Arrowhead. Which makes it all the more likely that they return here for a Divisional playoff game. Not looking forward to that at all. As we saw today, the defense can't do it all by themselves. Nor should they have to.

wouldn't it be easier for the refs to always call aTD in such situation as scoring plays are always under review which could fix things, if he was out or not breaking the plane they could call it back so they always have a possibility to call it back?

We would be treating a symptom and not a cause.

Instead of asking refs to purposefully call things in a way that doesn't align with the visual evidence they have seen the thing to do would be to figure out a better way to handle reviews in general.

The entire concept of throwing challenge flags is not a bad idea to prevent endless reviews of marginal stuff but there is always so much game theory about it. There is always the incentive to hold on to those flags even if you could challenge something that is objectively wrong because a later event in the game might have more value to reverse. And in many games this is wrong and you end up with all the flags in your shoes.

The thing that bothers me is that we treat the last 2 minutes in some special unique way where the NFL can initiate review from above. Screw that, let them be able to look at anything at any time but just don't stop the game for it. This gives them a shot of checking out 1-2 replays before play continues and if there is something there they can signal a game stoppage.

That should at least catch 80% of absolutely blatant missed / wrong calls.

It’s sad how badly the WRs are playing:

Barstool Sports
I warned everyone with a thread about the lack of decent receiving options beyond White and Edelman. Everything has come true in my thread. You guys heard what they said about the Pat's TE production. Last in the NFL.

Nobody wanted to face the music.

I watch other running backs and they gain forward progress.They are a threat that the defense must account for.

Can you imagine a beast like Derrick Henry on this team? Try and stop him.

Then I watch Sony. He gets thrown back like being tossed out of a Lions cage.

Stop making excuses. If the Patriots can’t score a touchdown three times on one drive, they don’t deserve to win.
How about if they can't score a TD from the 3 having 3 or 4 chances? Do they deserve to win? Is it acceptable to lose 8 yards from the 3 yard line? Let's stop making excuses. They haven't been able to score for the last 5 weeks.

SmartSelect_20191209-024244_Firefox.jpg

We would be treating a symptom and not a cause.

Instead of asking refs to purposefully call things in a way that doesn't align with the visual evidence they have seen the thing to do would be to figure out a better way to handle reviews in general.

The entire concept of throwing challenge flags is not a bad idea to prevent endless reviews of marginal stuff but there is always so much game theory about it. There is always the incentive to hold on to those flags even if you could challenge something that is objectively wrong because a later event in the game might have more value to reverse. And in many games this is wrong and you end up with all the flags in your shoes.

The thing that bothers me is that we treat the last 2 minutes in some special unique way where the NFL can initiate review from above. Screw that, let them be able to look at anything at any time but just don't stop the game for it. This gives them a shot of checking out 1-2 replays before play continues and if there is something there they can signal a game stoppage.

That should at least catch 80% of absolutely blatant missed / wrong calls.

i like the VAR system in soccer (though not perfect yet), however you have 2-3 refs reviewing in real time the plays infront of monitors and if there is a blatant error (offside goal, wrong decision on fou ls, etc.) they'll signal it to the umpire.on the field and he would go to review it himself to judge on the play...thats an easy one to set up in the NFL because the video system is basically already available in the NFL stadiums around the country, you just have to use it propperlyl

btw when harry stept out of bounce he was already extending to the goal line the ball was around the 1-2 yard of the goal line they placed the ball on the spot where he "stepted out" which was 3-4 yards off the goal line, so its a terrible set of mistakes on one play by the refs, however not saying the pats would have made it from the 1 yard line but they would probably called different plays compered to the 4 yard spot

How about if they can't score a TD from the 3 having 3 or 4 chances? Do they deserve to win? Is it acceptable to lose 8 yards from the 3 yard line? Let's stop making excuses. They haven't been able to score for the last 5 weeks.

View attachment 25419
it is the real problem , the red zone offense. But to be fair, the play after the harry call, the refs didnt reset the clock and it was winding down almost and brady had to call a quick play

i like the VAR system in soccer (though not perfect yet), however you have 2-3 refs reviewing in real time the plays infront of monitors and if there is a blatant error (offside goal, wrong decision on fou ls, etc.) they'll signal it to the umpire.on the field and he would go to review it himself to judge on the play...thats an easy one to set up in the NFL because the video system is basically already available in the NFL stadiums around the country, you just have to use it propperlyl

VAR in futbol has more or less the exact same issues as any other video guided replay system. It works great when there is no greyzone (was the ball behind the goal line, was something offside, ect.) but once it comes to everything else that requires a gut decision by refs (handballs vs. intent, fouls in the penalty area) it is a gigantic **** show.

Absurdly football than futbol is a much better fit for replay review because you have breaks after every play whereas the other sport is free flowing.

Either way, it required the cluster**** that the Saints when through in a Championship game for the NFL to actually do "something" about PI calls. I doubt anything will change because of another Boger game in December. His team will be eliminated from postseason games and all of this will be forgotten except in the minds of Pats fans.

I watch other running backs and they gain forward progress.They are a threat that the defense must account for.

Can you imagine a beast like Derrick Henry on this team? Try and stop him.

Then I watch Sony. He gets thrown back like being tossed out of a Lions cage.

He's in BB's doghouse. And he looks bad. The team seems to finally realize that White (And hopefully Harris) is the way to go.

He's in BB's doghouse. And he looks bad. The team seems to finally realize that White (And hopefully Harris) is the way to go.
Non of Patriots RB’s and OLine are capable of of getting short yardage consistently. Passing and running probably has a same chance converting on 3rd and 1.

Non of Patriots RB’s and OLine are capable of of getting short yardage consistently. Passing and running probably has a same chance converting on 3rd and 1.

Regardless. Michel isn't getting the job done. It appears they are going to try something different.

Usually only superbowl loses hang with me this long after a game but man that **** has me heated.

Biggest issue yesterday was the o-line. Brady had no time to pass and they couldn't run the ball. Clearly Ferentz was awful. It's something when you are longing for Karras, who himself is just mediocre.

The Pats offense is a highly tuned machine. It's not built on pure skill or athleticism. Many of the guys are role players and when a couple of things go wrong, there simply isn't that ability for someone to just go up and get a deep ball, or one of the RBs to break a big one.

On Harry - clearly he's struggling to pick up the offense and the nuances of route running. However, from a physical standpoint he is our most talented receiver. He's also surprisingly good with the ball in his hands for a bigger bodied type. Put him in over Meyers in 3 WRs sets and let him go down the field and use his size, and get him some screens etc.

I have a hard time seeing how we can win in the playoffs but if we are going to, it's simply going to have to be complementary football. The thing we desperately need is the bye - and then to spend two weeks on trying to make some improvements between Brady and his receivers, and on the protection issues. But frankly, right now I'm wondering how we will move the ball on Buffalo.

Biggest issue yesterday was the o-line. Brady had no time to pass and they couldn't run the ball. Clearly Ferentz was awful. It's something when you are longing for Karras, who himself is just mediocre.

The Pats offense is a highly tuned machine. It's not built on pure skill or athleticism. Many of the guys are role players and when a couple of things go wrong, there simply isn't that ability for someone to just go up and get a deep ball, or one of the RBs to break a big one.

On Harry - clearly he's struggling to pick up the offense and the nuances of route running. However, from a physical standpoint he is our most talented receiver. He's also surprisingly good with the ball in his hands for a bigger bodied type. Put him in over Meyers in 3 WRs sets and let him go down the field and use his size, and get him some screens etc.

I have a hard time seeing how we can win in the playoffs but if we are going to, it's simply going to have to be complementary football. The thing we desperately need is the bye - and then to spend two weeks on trying to make some improvements between Brady and his receivers, and on the protection issues. But frankly, right now I'm wondering how we will move the ball on Buffalo.

I'm not convinced this team will move the ball on Cincinnati. We will win because the defense will feast on that offense.

I was at the game.....ZERO separation from our WRs.

I’m embarrassed we wasted a second round pick on Sanu when we could have gotten a McLaurin, Deebo, Brown, or Metcalf in next years draft

Don’t know how we fix this league worst talent on offense...

Defense is awesome and has so much heart and fight in them..what a strip by McCourty

That's why so many of us are still upset and whining about not bringing back Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back