PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs Beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the homers will get pissy but Sony Michel is trash. The coaching staff obviously knows that when for the second week in a row he gets yanked early. I’m glad when I see White in the game over him.
I don't know what Michel ever did to pass White in the depth chart, other than get drafted in the 1st round.

This year’s Pittsburgh. Everyone will ridicule it until it happens, and there is no guarantee it will. But the team is competing hard. They need to find their stride the next 3 weeks.

The offense wasn't even this inept last year. And there's no reinforcements coming. That's scary.

with an aging QB who could still be very good if he had the time, you would think this would have been a priority starting a few years ago..not to mention a decent WR or 2
Who says it wasn’t a priority?
Every team has weaknesses and every team is trying to fix their weaknesses. You don’t get a perfect team just because you set priorities.

with an aging QB who could still be very good if he had the time, you would think this would have been a priority starting a few years ago..not to mention a decent WR or 2

The biggest issue lies with the OL. It was a strong unit last year. You cant predict the drop off that’s occurred in 2019. Andrews going on IR, Mason underperforming. I think going into the season we thought OL would be a strength on the offensive side. Just hasn’t worked out that way.

Just got back from the game. Everyone walking out was about to murder someone about those calls/non calls. Never seen anything like it.

I have zero voice from bashing Boger for 30 straight minuets and won;t have one at work tomorrow.

Hopefully no one talks to me for a few days.

Our OLine last year was great. We lost our starting center and today our #2 center and other guys are playing hurt. I don’t think team construction as far as the OL goes is the problem...

This board lives on extrapolating what didn’t work today into why the team can’t win in the future. pointing out positives isn’t a moral victory.

Fair enough....I am just feeling a little down right now. I should be alright by the morning :)

At halftime I was embarrassed, by the end of the game I was inspired. They showed true grit. This game may end up being a godsend

I hope you're right and I feel like this may be the case

but as a fan leaving this game.

If you are going to **** me at least wine and dine me first!

Keep dreaming . I can’t stand the ravens but they’re the best team in the afc right now. They’re winning out. Maybe they drop one game.

He's the same guy who thinks Ohio State should be in first place in the BCS...

S#it like this is why I’ll never pay Bedard a dime:
Will have to wait until a film review to say the Patriots definitely got a raw deal in this one, but suffice it to say that the officiating by Jerome Boger's crew was absolutely terrible.
You have to “wait until a film review” to be able to figure out whether or not NE “definitively” got screwed???

The offense wasn't even this inept last year. And there's no reinforcements coming. That's scary.
How is it “scary”?
They are a contender and they will have a shot at a championship. They have some improvement to make and they no doubt will go into the post season with he most experienced team and coaching staff, the best self knowledge of their own strengths and weaknesses and a solid game plan.
They may not be the one team to win all of their playoff games. Why is that “scary”?

The Patriots don't seem to draft players where they have the greatest need.

Stop making excuses. If the Patriots can’t score a touchdown three times on one drive, they don’t deserve to win.
That sounds similar to the people saying it's on the Patriots to be in a position to win by 14 every game in case bad officiating.

Keep dreaming . I can’t stand the ravens but they’re the best team in the afc right now. They’re winning out. Maybe they drop one game.
Maybe they will win out. But they haven’t played those games yet so to say tonight’s game was meaningless is wrong.

I don't know what Michel ever did to pass White in the depth chart, other than get drafted in the 1st round.
White at least gets the defense thinking pass and gets some room to run. Sony the defense knows won’t do anything to hurt them in the passing game and most likely won’t do much more than fall down after two yards in the running game.

This team needs to go balls out and bring in OBJ and draft a TE and show Brady they’re still doing what they can to get him weapons.

I think that’s been the plan. The starting 5 OL were very good until the injuries started. They’ve had recent picks like Garcia, Frojoldt, and Cajuste get hurt. They signed two veterans this offseason, who should have been the top backups, both retire. They had their FB and backup FB both lose the season to injuries. They even drafted a backup rb in the third round despite looking good at the position.

The plan was there, but poop happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results